Katrin E Giel
Affiliation: University Eye Hospital
- Attentional processing of food pictures in individuals with anorexia nervosa--an eye-tracking studyKatrin E Giel
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 69:661-7. 2011..The study's aim was to examine the vigilance-avoidance hypothesis concerning food information processing by unraveling the time course of attention deployment in individuals with AN...
- Is impaired set-shifting a feature of "pure" anorexia nervosa? Investigating the role of depression in set-shifting ability in anorexia nervosa and unipolar depressionKatrin E Giel
Medical University Hospital Tübingen, Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Osianderstr 5, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Psychiatry Res 200:538-43. 2012..Impairments of set-shifting ability in AN patients may have been overrated and may partly be due to comorbid depressive disorders in investigated patients...
- Psychological dimensions after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: reduced mental burden, improved eating behavior, and ongoing need for cognitive eating controlNicole Rieber
Department of Internal Medicine, Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Surg Obes Relat Dis 9:569-73. 2013..The setting was a university hospital, comprehensive obesity center...
- Impact of Biofeedback on Self-efficacy and Stress Reduction in Obesity: A Randomized Controlled Pilot StudyMartin Teufel
Department of Internal Medicine, Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Tubingen, Osianderstrasse 5, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 38:177-84. 2013..Biofeedback treatment is effective in improving self-efficacy in individuals with obesity and might therefore be a valuable additional intervention in obesity treatment. ..
- Specificity of jumping to conclusions and attributional biases: a comparison between patients with schizophrenia, depression, and anorexia nervosaAndreas Wittorf
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Tubingen, and Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Medical University Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 17:262-86. 2012..This cross-sectional study aimed to investigate the specificity of jumping to conclusions (JTC) and attributional biases (AB) for patients with schizophrenia...
- Stigmatization of obese individuals by human resource professionals: an experimental studyKatrin E Giel
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Medical University Hospital Tübingen, Osianderstr 5, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
BMC Public Health 12:525. 2012..We conducted an experimental study to investigate weight stigmatization in work settings using a sample of experienced human resource (HR) professionals from a real-life employment setting...
- Eating disorder pathology in adolescents participating in a lifestyle intervention for obesity: associations with weight change, general psychopathology and health-related quality of lifeKatrin E Giel
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Medical University Hospital Tübingen, Tubingen, Germany
Obes Facts 6:307-16. 2013..2013 S. Karger GmbH, Freiburg. ..