Affiliation: University of Leipzig
- Direct medical mental health care costs of schizophrenia in France, Germany and the United Kingdom - findings from the European Schizophrenia Cohort (EuroSC)Dirk Heider
Health Economic Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Leipzig, Germany
Eur Psychiatry 24:216-24. 2009..To quantify and compare the resource consumption and direct costs of medical mental health care of patients suffering from schizophrenia in France, Germany and the United Kingdom...
- [Validating the efficacy of a group intervention program on the quality of life of depressed patient's spouses]Dirk Heider
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Psychiatrie, Universitat Leipzig
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 57:25-31. 2007..In contrast, satisfaction of participants with the intervention was high...
- Relationship between parental bonding and mood disorder in six European countriesDirk Heider
Department of Psychiatry, University of Leipzig, Johannisallee 20, 04317 Leipzig, Germany
Psychiatry Res 143:89-98. 2006..It would be of interest to assess whether this also holds for the rest of Europe and non-European countries...
- Parental bonding and suicidality in adulthoodDirk Heider
University of Leipzig, Department of Psychiatry, Leipzig, Germany
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 41:66-73. 2007..So the present study aims to examine the relation between parental bonding on the one hand and suicidality in adulthood on the other...
- A prospective study of Quality of life in schizophrenia in three European countriesDirk Heider
Department of Psychiatry, University of Leipzig, Johannisalle 20, 04317 Leipzig, Germany
Schizophr Res 93:194-202. 2007..However, changes in individual's characteristics and circumstances did not relate as strongly as expected to changes in QoL, suggesting effective intervention may be difficult...
- Empirical evidence for an invariant three-factor structure of the Parental Bonding Instrument in six European countriesDirk Heider
Department of Psychiatry, University of Leipzig, Johannisallee 20, D 04317 Leipzig, Germany
Psychiatry Res 135:237-47. 2005..The results provide the opportunity to estimate the influence of the extracted factors on mental disorders in different countries. The application of the short form of the PBI seems suitable primarily for large epidemiological studies...
- Health-related quality of life in patients after lumbar disc surgery: a longitudinal observational studyDirk Heider
Health Economics Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Leipzig, Johannisallee 20, 04317 Leipzig, Germany
Qual Life Res 16:1453-60. 2007....
- Adverse parenting as a risk factor in the occurrence of anxiety disorders : a study in six European countriesDirk Heider
Health Economics Research Unit, Dept of Psychiatry, University of Leipzig, Johannisallee 20, 04317 Leipzig, Germany
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 43:266-72. 2008..The aim of the study was to test the homogeneity of the association between adverse parenting and anxiety disorders within these disorders as well as among six European countries...
- Body mass index and prevalence of obesity in a French cohort of patients with schizophreniaF Limosin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Reims, Reims, France
Acta Psychiatr Scand 118:19-25. 2008..To evaluate the distributions of body mass index in a large sample of patients with schizophrenia, and to examine the association between body weight and antipsychotic drugs...
- Depression-anxiety relationships with chronic physical conditions: results from the World Mental Health SurveysK M Scott
Department of Psychological Medicine, Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, PO Box 7343 Wellington South, New Zealand
J Affect Disord 103:113-20. 2007....
- Risk factors for suicidality in Europe: results from the ESEMED studyM Bernal
Sant Joan de Déu Serveis de Salut Mental, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Dr Antoni Pujades 42, 08830, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Spain
J Affect Disord 101:27-34. 2007..The aims of the present study were to investigate the prevalence and correlates of suicidal ideas and attempts in the general population of Europe...
- The European Study of the Epidemiology of Mental Disorders (ESEMeD/MHEDEA 2000) project: rationale and methodsJ Alonso
Health Services Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica IMIM IMAS, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 11:55-67. 2002..The analysis of these differences should facilitate the monitoring of ongoing mental health reform initiatives in Europe and provide new research hypotheses...
- [Psychotropic drug use and mental psychiatric disorders in France; results of the general population ESEMeD/MHEDEA 2000 epidemiological study]I Gasquet
INSERM U669, Maison des Adolescents, 97, boulevard de Port-Royal, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, , , Paris
Encephale 31:195-206. 2005..Finally among users of AX-HY, only half of them had presented a mood disorder, anxiety disorder or alcohol use disorder during their lifetime, whereas this proportion rose to 80% for users of antidepressants...
- Psychotropic combination in schizophreniaE Acquaviva
INSERM U669 PSIGIAM Paris Sud Innovation Group In Adolescent Mental health Methodology, Cochin Hospital, 97 Boulevard de Port Royal, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:855-61. 2005..To study adjunctive medications used with antipsychotic agents in schizophrenia via comparisons of antidepressant, anxiolytic and antiparkinsonian co-prescribing...
- Obesity and mental disorders in the general population: results from the world mental health surveysK M Scott
Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Otago University, Wellington, New Zealand
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:192-200. 2008....
- [Cost analysis of the strategies in the treatment of schizophrenics: the place of sustained release injectable atypical antipsychotics]I Gasquet
Encephale 31:517-8. 2005
- [Prevalence and comorbidity of psychiatric disorders in the French general population]J P Lepine
INSERM U705, CNRS, UMR 7157, Universites Paris 5 et 7
Encephale 31:182-94. 2005....
- Chronic pain in Parkinson's disease: the cross-sectional French DoPaMiP surveyLaurence Negre-Pages
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, Toulouse, France
Mov Disord 23:1361-9. 2008..9; 95% CI 1.2-3.2). Chronic pain is frequent but underreported in PD. Awareness of this problem should be increased and the assessment of analgesic strategies improved...
- [Evolution of functional autonomy in geriatric medium-term care units: a reliable performance indicator?]J Holstein
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 3, avenue Victoria, 75004 Paris
Sante Publique 18:235-44. 2006..This study constitutes one of the first performance analyses in the medium-term sector, and the adjusted SFI rate seems to be a pertinent and reliable indicator within this framework...
- [Determinants of compliance with antidepressive drugs]I Gasquet
, CHU Paul Brousse, 16, avenue Paul-Vaillant Couturier, 94 804 Villejuif
Encephale 27:83-91. 2001..This information has a protective effect on treatment interruption (OR = 0.5) but increases the risk of dosage modification (OR = 1.1)...