Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University Eye Hospital
- 2-year efficacy and safety of linagliptin compared with glimepiride in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled on metformin: a randomised, double-blind, non-inferiority trialBaptist Gallwitz
Department of Medicine IV, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Lancet 380:475-83. 2012..We aimed to compare a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor (linagliptin) against a commonly used sulphonylurea (glimepiride)...
- Exenatide twice daily versus glimepiride for prevention of glycaemic deterioration in patients with type 2 diabetes with metformin failure (EUREXA): an open-label, randomised controlled trialBaptist Gallwitz
Department of Medicine IV, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Lancet 379:2270-8. 2012..We compared add-on exenatide with glimepiride for durability of glycaemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled by metformin alone...
- Adding liraglutide to oral antidiabetic drug therapy: onset of treatment effects over timeB Gallwitz
Department of Medicine IV, University Hospital of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Int J Clin Pract 64:267-76. 2010..To investigate the onset of treatment effects over time observed for liraglutide in combination with oral antidiabetic drugs (OADs)...
- The risk allele load accelerates the age-dependent decline in beta cell functionA Haupt
Medical Clinic, Department of Internal Medicine IV Diabetology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Angiology, and Clinical Chemistry, Eberhard Karls University, Otfried Muller Strasse 10, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Diabetologia 52:457-62. 2009..In the present study we examined the effect of these genes' risk alleles on the age-dependent decline in insulin secretion...
- A common genetic variant in WFS1 determines impaired glucagon-like peptide-1-induced insulin secretionS A Schafer
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University Hospital of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Diabetologia 52:1075-82. 2009..We aimed to investigate the effect of a common WFS1 single-nucleotide polymorphism on several aspects of insulin secretion...
- Future perspectives for insulinotropic agents in the treatment of type 2 diabetes-DPP-4 inhibitors and sulphonylureasB Gallwitz
Department of Internal Medicine IV, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Diabetes Obes Metab 12:1-11. 2010..The effects of sulphonylureas and DPP-4 inhibitors on beta-cell function and beta-cell mass are highlighted. The present and future indications for both sulphonylureas and DPP-4 inhibitors are discussed...
- Association of somatostatin receptor 2 immunohistochemical expression with [111In]-DTPA octreotide scintigraphy and [68Ga]-DOTATOC PET/CT in neuroendocrine tumorsK Müssig
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Horm Metab Res 42:599-606. 2010..Negativity for SST2, however, does not rule out tracer uptake in some patients, with heterogeneous SST2 expression within the tumor as a potential explanation...
- Symptomatic hypoglycemia during imatinib mesylate in a non-diabetic female patient with gastrointestinal stromal tumorM Haap
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism, Nephrology, Clinical Chemistry and Vascular Medicine, Eberhard Karls University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Endocrinol Invest 30:688-92. 2007..Physicians treating patients with imatinib should be aware of the possible occurrence of hypoglycemic episodes in non-diabetic patients...
- Lymph node gastrinoma in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 - a diagnostic challengeK Müssig
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Nephrology, Angiology, and Clinical Chemistry, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 116:554-7. 2008..Gastrinomas are the most frequent hormonally-active neuroendocrine tu-mours in patients with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1)...
- Exenatide in type 2 diabetes: treatment effects in clinical studies and animal study dataB Gallwitz
Department of Medicine IV, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
Int J Clin Pract 60:1654-61. 2006..This review gives an overview on exenatide, its pharmacological profile and its role and potential in the therapeutic setting of type 2 diabetes. Furthermore, future developments concerning exenatide application are highlighted...
- Impaired glucagon-like peptide-1-induced insulin secretion in carriers of transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene polymorphismsS A Schafer
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Vascular Medicine, Nephrology and Clinical Chemistry, Department of Internal Medicine, Eberhard Karls University of Tubingen, Otfried Muller Str 10, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Diabetologia 50:2443-50. 2007..We studied whether a defect in the enteroinsular axis contributes to impaired insulin secretion in carriers of TCF7L2 polymorphisms...