Affiliation: University of Greifswald
- Fish oil supplementation in the parenteral nutrition of critically ill medical patients: a randomised controlled trialSigrun Friesecke
Department of Internal Medicine, Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, 17475, Greifswald, Germany
Intensive Care Med 34:1411-20. 2008....
- Outcome of severe lactic acidosis associated with metformin accumulationSigrun Friesecke
Department of Cardiology, Pneumology and Intensive Care Medicine, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, 17475 Greifswald, Germany
Crit Care 14:R226. 2010..Profound lactic acidosis (LA) generally predicts poor outcome. We aimed to determine if MALA differs in outcome from LA of other origin (LAOO)...
- Comparison of pulmonary artery and aortic transpulmonary thermodilution for monitoring of cardiac output in patients with severe heart failure: validation of a novel methodSigrun Friesecke
Department of Internal Medicine B, Division of Cardiology, Pneumology, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Crit Care Med 37:119-23. 2009..Our objective was to evaluate the correlation between these two methods of CO determination in patients with severe left ventricular dysfunction...
- Prevalence and clinical implications of anti-PF4/heparin antibodies in intensive care patients: a prospective observational studySixten Selleng
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Medicine Greifswald, Sauerbruchstr, 17475, Greifswald, Germany
J Thromb Thrombolysis 39:60-7. 2015..Among patients testing positive by IgG-specific EIA a functional platelet activation assay should be performed (regarding only strong reactions as positive). ..
- Improvement of enteral nutrition in intensive care unit patients by a nurse-driven feeding protocolSigrun Friesecke
S Friesecke, MD, Division of Cardiology, Pneumology and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine B, Universitätsmedizin Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Nurs Crit Care 19:204-10. 2014..To examine whether early enteral nutrition (EN) of critically ill patients could be improved by a nurse-driven implementation of an existing feeding protocol...
- Treatment of severe neurological deficits with IgG depletion through immunoadsorption in patients with Escherichia coli O104:H4-associated haemolytic uraemic syndrome: a prospective trialAndreas Greinacher
Institut für Immunologie und Transfusionsmedizin, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat, Greifswald, Germany
Lancet 378:1166-73. 2011..Some patients needed ventilatory support due to severe neurological complications, which arose 1 week after onset of enteritis, suggesting an antibody-mediated mechanism. Therefore, we aimed to assess immunoadsorption as rescue therapy...