F E Franke
Affiliation: University of Giessen
- MUC1 in normal and impaired spermatogenesisF E Franke
Department of Pathology, Urology and Veterinary Anatomy, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany
Mol Hum Reprod 7:505-12. 2001..These results suggest a variable glycosylation of MUC1 mucin in differentiating germ cells, which is aberrant in pathological conditions...
- Hobnail hemangiomas (targetoid hemosiderotic hemangiomas) are true lymphangiomasFolker E Franke
Department of Pathology, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Langhanstrasse 10, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Cutan Pathol 31:362-7. 2004..In contrast to its well-characterized histology, it has been unclear whether this tumor arises from blood vessel endothelial cells (BECs) or lymphatic vessel endothelial cells (LECs)...
- The expression of angiotensin-I converting enzyme in human atherosclerotic plaques is not related to the deletion/insertion polymorphism but to the risk of restenosis after coronary interventionsW Haberbosch
Department of Internal Medicine, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Germany
Atherosclerosis 130:203-13. 1997..In addition, ACE levels in the atherosclerotic lesions correlated with the severity of vessel wall damage. The ACE phenotype might serve as an indicator for the risk of restenosis after coronary interventions...
- [Effects of sociomedical risk factors on the progression of ovarian cancer]R von Georgi
Abteilung für Medizinische Soziologie, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:2001-5. 2002..This study was to determine whether the general psychologic constitution has an influence on patient survival after primäry surgery and in how far it correlates to sociobiologic factors...
- Correlation between MIB1-determined tumor growth fraction and incidence of tumor recurrence in early ovarian carcinomasKarsten Münstedt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Cancer Invest 22:185-94. 2004..Therefore, we compared the MIB1-determined tumor growth fraction in archival tumor tissue with tumor recurrence and outcome of disease, and in relationship to other stages and clinical and morphological findings...
- Glucocorticosteroid receptors in ovarian carcinomasJoachim Woenckhaus
Institute of Pathology, Clinic of the Universities Giessen and Marburg, Giessen, Germany
Oncol Rep 15:1137-40. 2006..Our study showed no evidence against using GC for antiemetic prophylaxis in ovarian carcinomas...
- Prognostic value of PIK3CA and phosphorylated AKT expression in ovarian cancerJoachim Woenckhaus
Institute of Pathology, University of Giessen and Marburg, Giessen, Germany
Virchows Arch 450:387-95. 2007..Our results underline the prognostic significance of PIK3CA in ovarian carcinoma and argue against a simple linear model of PIK3CA gain/amplification followed by PI3K activation and consecutive AKT phosphorylation in ovarian carcinoma...
- High-resolution MRI of basal cell carcinomas of the face using a microscopy coilHubert Gufler
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Radiology Center, University of Giessen, Klinikstrasse 36, Giessen 35385, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:W480-4. 2007..The objective of this article is to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of high-resolution MRI using a microscopy surface coil to stage basal cell carcinomas of the face...
- D2-40: a reliable marker in the diagnosis of pleural mesotheliomaAnnette M Müller
Institute of Pathology, BG Clinics Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Pathobiology 73:50-4. 2006..D2-40, a monoclonal antibody used as a marker for seminomatous germ cell tumours and lymphatic endothelial cells, was recently described in mesothelial cells and type I but not type II pneumocytes...
- Effect of obesity on survival in epithelial ovarian cancerKarsten Münstedt
Cancer 109:811-2; author reply 812. 2007
- Testicular isoform of angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE, CD143) on the surface of human spermatozoa: revelation and quantification using monoclonal antibodiesMarina A Nikolaeva
Research Center for Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology, Moscow, Russia
Am J Reprod Immunol 55:54-68. 2006..The quantification of tACE expression on human-ejaculated spermatozoa was performed using a novel panel of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs)...
- Gonadoblastoma: evidence for a stepwise progression to dysgerminoma in a dysgenetic ovaryKatharina Pauls
Institute of Pathology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Virchows Arch 447:603-9. 2005..Our results show that gonadoblastomas mimic female fetal ovary and exhibit a stepwise progression from follicular pattern to coronary pattern and finally to dysgerminomas...
- Monoclonal antibodies 1B3 and 5C8 as probes for monitoring the integrity of the C-terminal end of soluble angiotensin-converting enzymeIrina V Balyasnikova
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Hybridoma (Larchmt) 24:14-26. 2005..In addition, binding of MAb 1B3 is a sensitive determinant of the integrity of soluble ACE...
- Association between fibronectin expression and prognosis in ovarian carcinomaFolker E Franke
Institute of Pathology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Langhansstrasse 10, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Anticancer Res 23:4261-7. 2003..Fibronectin is involved in tumour neovascularisation and metastasis, prevents apoptosis and is considered to be immunosuppressive. This study aimed to determine the prognostic value of fibronectin expression in ovarian carcinoma...
- Influence of surgery and postoperative therapy and tumor characteristics on patient prognosis in advanced ovarian carcinomasRichard von Georgi
Department of Medical Sociology, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Friedrichstrasse 36, D 35385 Giessen, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 111:189-96. 2003..The prognosis in advanced ovarian cancer depends on clinical, morphological, biological and therapeutic variables. However, little is known about their real influences and interrelationships...
- MUC1 mucin and trefoil factor 1 protein expression in renal cell carcinoma: correlation with prognosisSigurd Kraus
Department of Urology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Hum Pathol 33:60-7. 2002....
- C-kit receptor in the human vas deferens: distinction of mast cells, interstitial cells and interepithelial cellsRoman Metzger
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Leipzig, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Reproduction 135:377-84. 2008..The importance of the c-kit receptor-positive interepithelial cells remains unclear...