Konrad F Frank
Affiliation: University of Cologne
- Modulation of SERCA: implications for the failing human heartKonrad F Frank
Laboratory of Muscle Research and Molecular Cardiology, Clinic III for Internal Medicine, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, 50924 Kö1n, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 97:I72-8. 2002..This review summarizes recent advances in the understanding how SERCA is modulated under physiological and pathophysiological conditions...
- Diabetes-related defects in sarcoplasmic Ca2+ release are prevented by inactivation of G(alpha)11 and G(alpha)q in murine cardiomyocytesDieter Paul Hoyer
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Cologne, Kerpener Str 62, 50937 Cologne, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 341:235-44. 2010..6, annexin A7, and sorcin...
- Calcium and the failing heart: phospholamban, good guy or bad guy?Robert H G Schwinger
Laboratory of Muscle Research and Molecular Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine III, Joseph Stelzmannstrasse, 50924 Köln, Germany
Sci STKE 2003:pe15. 2003..This Perspective discusses new advances in our understanding of the role of phospholamban in intracellular Ca(2+) handling and the development of human and murine cardiomyopathies...
- Sarcoplasmic Ca2+ release is prolonged in nonfailing myocardium of diabetic patientsHannes Reuter
Laboratory of Muscle Research and Molecular Cardiology, Department III of Internal Medicine, University of Cologne, Kerpener Str 62, 50937 Cologne, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 308:141-9. 2008..This defective Ca(2+) release may represent an early stage of ventricular dysfunction in type 2 diabetes and would favor the abnormal response to exercise frequently observed in asymptomatic diabetic patients...
- Sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase modulates cardiac contraction and relaxationKonrad F Frank
Clinic III of Internal Medicine, Laboratory of Muscle Research and Molecular Cardiology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 57:20-7. 2003....
- Pneumomediastinum and striking family history: uncommon case of Birt-Hogg-Dubé syndromeGuido Michels
Department III of Internal Medicine, University of Cologne, Germany
Intern Med 51:2007-9. 2012..We report a patient with pneumomediastinum and cervico-facial emphysema after severe coughing without pneumothorax, skin lesions or renal tumour, but a striking family history of lung abnormalities...
- Enhanced myocyte contractility and Ca2+ handling in a calcineurin transgenic model of heart failureGuoxiang Chu
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert B. Sabin Way, OH 45267-0575, USA
Cardiovasc Res 54:105-16. 2002..CONCLUSION: Despite enhanced SR Ca2+ handling and contractility in myocytes, pathological remodeling and defects in intercellular coupling may underlie contractile dysfunction of the calcineurin hearts...
- Combined phospholamban ablation and SERCA1a overexpression result in a new hyperdynamic cardiac stateWen Zhao
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0575, USA
Cardiovasc Res 57:71-81. 2003..The aim of the present study was to determine whether a combination of these two genetic manipulations may lead to further augmentation of cardiac function...
- [Reverse remodeling of the intracellular Ca(2+)-homeostasis: new concepts of pathophysiology and therapy of heart failure]Klara Brixius
Wien Med Wochenschr 156:209-15. 2006..In addition, new therapeutic options will be introduced which may be of importance for the treatment of heart failure patients...