Affiliation: University of Bonn
- Effects of hypertonic saline on myocardial blood flow in a porcine model of prolonged cardiac arrestMatthias Fischer
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Street 25, D 53105, Bonn, Germany
Resuscitation 54:269-80. 2002..To evaluate the effects of hypertonic saline (HS) on myocardial reperfusion pressure (MPP) and blood flow (MBF), and cardiac index (CI) during and after cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)...
- [Comparison of the emergency medical services systems of Birmingham and Bonn: process efficacy and cost effectiveness]M Fischer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und Spezielle Intensivmedizin des Universitätsklinikum Bonn
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 38:630-42. 2003..Aim of this study therefore was to conduct a cost performance analysis by evaluating the underlying structure, the costs incurred and the achieved performance in two EMS systems with paramedics or emergency physicians on scene...
- Effects of hypertonic versus isotonic infusion therapy on regional cerebral blood flow after experimental cardiac arrest cardiopulmonary resuscitation in pigsHenning Krep
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital, Sigmund Freud Street 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Resuscitation 63:73-83. 2004..To evaluate the effects of hypertonic, isooncotic, and isotonic infusion therapy on cerebral blood flow (CBF) during and after cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) from experimental cardiac arrest (CA)...
- Out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation with the AutoPulse system: a prospective observational study with a new load-distributing band chest compression deviceHenning Krep
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Cologne, Kerpener Str 62, D 50924 Koln, Germany
Resuscitation 73:86-95. 2007..To evaluate the effectiveness, the safety, and the practicability of the new automated load-distributing band resuscitation device AutoPulse in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in the midsized urban emergency service of Bonn city...
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation traumatic cardiac arrest--there are survivors. An analysis of two national emergency registriesJan Thorsten Gräsner
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Schwanenweg 21, Kiel, 24105, Germany
Crit Care 15:R276. 2011..The aim of the present study was to analyze the outcome of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) after traumatic cardiac arrest by combining data from two different large national registries in Germany...
- Hypertonic saline improves myocardial blood flow during CPR, but is not enhanced further by the addition of hydroxy ethyl starchMartin Breil
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Street 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Resuscitation 56:307-17. 2003..To evaluate the effects of hypertonic saline (HS) and/or hydroxy ethyl starch (HES) on myocardial perfusion pressure (MPP) and blood flow (MBF), and cardiac index (CI) during and after cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)...
- Hypertonic saline during CPR: Feasibility and safety of a new protocol of fluid management during resuscitationRaphael Bender
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Bonn, Germany
Resuscitation 72:74-81. 2007..We tested the feasibility and the safety of this new therapeutic measure in a randomised, preclinical pilot study...
- A national resuscitation registry of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Germany-a pilot studyJan Thorsten Gräsner
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Schwanenweg 21, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Resuscitation 80:199-203. 2009..A uniform resuscitation registry may be advantageous for quality management of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). This study was conducted to evaluate the establishment of a national CPR registry in Germany...
- ROSC after cardiac arrest--the RACA score to predict outcome after out-of-hospital cardiac arrestJan Thorsten Gräsner
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Schwanenweg 21, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Eur Heart J 32:1649-56. 2011..The aim of this study was to develop a score to predict the initial resuscitation outcome-the RACA (ROSC after cardiac arrest) score...
- Postresuscitation care with mild therapeutic hypothermia and coronary intervention after out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a prospective registry analysisJan Thorsten Gräsner
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Schwanenweg 21, Kiel 24105, Germany
Crit Care 15:R61. 2011..Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) may also be beneficial in patients after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA)...
- Randomised study of hypertonic saline infusion during resuscitation from out-of-hospital cardiac arrestMartin Breil
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Resuscitation 83:347-52. 2012..We studied the effect of hypertonic saline infusion during CPR (Guidelines 2000) on survival to hospital admission and hospital discharge, and neurological outcome on hospital discharge...
- The effects of different ventilatory settings on pulmonary and systemic inflammatory responses during major surgeryHermann Wrigge
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Anesth Analg 98:775-81, table of contents. 2004....
- Time course of circulatory and metabolic recovery of cat brain after cardiac arrest assessed by perfusion- and diffusion-weighted imaging and MR-spectroscopyHenning Krep
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Resuscitation 58:337-48. 2003..The combination of noninvasive MR techniques is a powerful tool for the evaluation of therapeutical strategies on circulatory and metabolic cerebral recovery after experimental cerebral ischaemia...
- Endothelin-1 elevates regional cerebral perfusion during prolonged ventricular fibrillation cardiac arrest in pigsHenning Krep
Resuscitation 57:317-8. 2003
- [The DGAI CPR registry - the datasets "hospital care" and "long-term process"]Jan Thorsten Gräsner
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Operative Intensivmedizin am Universitätsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 43:706-9. 2008..Data may be recorded online, and basic analyses be performed immediately. Beyond that benchmarks with other institutions are possible, by including the well accepted Utstein style on international level too...
- European Emergency Data Project (EED Project): EMS data-based health surveillance systemThomas Krafft
Universitat Munchen, Deutschland
Eur J Public Health 13:85-90. 2003..The article provides a brief overview on objectives and methodology in the form of a progress report...
- Customized oligonucleotide microarray gene expression-based classification of neuroblastoma patients outperforms current clinical risk stratificationAndre Oberthuer
Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology, University of Cologne, Kerpener Strasse 62, D 50924 Cologne, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:5070-8. 2006..To develop a gene expression-based classifier for neuroblastoma patients that reliably predicts courses of the disease...
- Value of the hemobahn/viabahn endoprosthesis in the treatment of long chronic lesions of the superficial femoral artery: 6 years of experienceMatthias Fischer
Vascular Centre Berlin Helle Mitte, Königin Elisabeth Hospital, Berlin, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 13:281-90. 2006..To evaluate the long-term efficacy of Hemobahn/Viabahn endoprostheses (HVE) in patients with femoral arterial occlusive disease...
- Skin function parameters in intensive-care patientsMatthias Fischer
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Skin Res Technol 11:268-71. 2005..The study was performed to investigate the transepidermal water loss (TEWL) and pH-value in patients in intensive care...
- Practice of sedation and analgesia in German intensive care units: results of a national surveyJORG MARTIN
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Hospital am Eichert, Goppingen, Germany
Crit Care 9:R117-23. 2005..It was the aim of this study to conduct a survey of the agents and techniques used for analgesia and sedation in intensive care units in Germany...
- Key dermatological symptoms in the intensive care unitMatthias Fischer
Int J Dermatol 43:780-2. 2004
- Sedation and analgesia in German intensive care units: how is it done in reality? Results of a patient-based survey of analgesia and sedationJORG MARTIN
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Hospital am Eichert, Eichertstrasse 3, 73035 Göppingen, Germany
Intensive Care Med 32:1137-42. 2006..This study carried out the first patient-oriented survey on the practice of analgesia and sedation in German intensive care units, examining whether the goals of early spontaneous breathing and awake, cooperative patients are achieved...