Affiliation: University of Mainz
- Confirmation of association of the GABRA2 gene with alcohol dependence by subtype-specific analysisChristoph Fehr
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mainz, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Psychiatr Genet 16:9-17. 2006..The present study examined whether variation of the GABRA2 gene confers susceptibility to different subtypes of alcohol dependence in the German population...
- Association of low striatal dopamine d2 receptor availability with nicotine dependence similar to that seen with other drugs of abuseChristoph Fehr
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mainz, Untere Zahlbacher Strasse 8, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Am J Psychiatry 165:507-14. 2008..However, it is unclear whether similar changes can also be observed in heavy-smoking nicotine-dependent smokers...
- Tiagabine does not attenuate alcohol-induced activation of the human reward systemChristoph Fehr
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mainz, Untere Zahlbacher Strasse 8, 55131, Mainz, Germany
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 191:975-83. 2007....
- [For: is monotherapy the gold standard of psychopharmacology?]Christoph Fehr
Psychiatrische Klinik der Universität Mainz, Untere Zahlbacher Strasse 8, 55131 Mainz
Psychiatr Prax 33:207-8. 2006
- Polymorphisms in the NMDA subunit 2B are not associated with alcohol dependence and alcohol withdrawal-induced seizures and delirium tremensAndre Tadic
Dept of Psychiatry, University of Mainz, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 255:129-35. 2005..Moreover, we hypothesized that another genetic variation within GRIN2B (rs1806191) may have an effect in the etiology of alcoholism or withdrawal-related traits...
- Association of ADH4 genetic variants with alcohol dependence risk and related phenotypes: results from a larger multicenter association studyUlrich W Preuss
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, Martin Luther University, Halle Wittenberg, Julius Kühn Str 7, D 06112 Halle, Germany
Addict Biol 16:323-33. 2011....
- Association of VMAT2 gene polymorphisms with alcohol dependenceChristoph Fehr
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Mainz, Untere Zahlbacher Str 8, 55131, Mainz, Germany
J Neural Transm 120:1161-9. 2013..53), whereas G-allele containing haplotypes confer protection against alcohol dependence. Taken together, there is supporting evidence for a contribution of VMAT2 gene variants to phenotypes of alcohol dependence. ..
- Broad disruption of brain white matter microstructure and relationship with neuropsychological performance in male patients with severe alcohol dependenceAndreas Konrad
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Untere Zahlbacher Strasse 8, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Alcohol Alcohol 47:118-26. 2012....
- Dopamine D2/D3 receptor availability and venturesomenessNina Bernow
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Psychiatry Res 193:80-4. 2011..Our results suggest the involvement of extrastriatal dopaminergic neurotransmission in venturesomeness, a component of impulsivity...
- Impulsiveness and venturesomeness in German smokersNina Bernow
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Untere Zahlbacher Strasse 8, Mainz, Germany
Nicotine Tob Res 13:714-21. 2011..Furthermore, it was intended to further the knowledge about associations between different self-reported impulsivity components and different smoking variables...
- Evaluation of the glutamate decarboxylase genes Gad1 and Gad2 as candidate genes for acute ethanol withdrawal severity in miceChristoph Fehr
Portland Alcohol Research Center, Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, OR, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:467-72. 2003..Therefore, these results do not support the hypothesis of an involvement of Gad1 or Gad2 in the pathophysiology of acute ethanol withdrawal severity and the other ethanol related traits...
- Cannabinoid receptor 1 blocker rimonabant (SR 141716) for treatment of alcohol dependence: results from a placebo-controlled, double-blind trialMichael Soyka
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:317-24. 2008..Taking the substantial numbers of animal studies suggesting a possible role of CB1 antagonists for the treatment of alcohol dependence into account, it seems worthwhile to further test cannabinoid blockers in the treatment of alcoholism...
- Disturbed structural connectivity is related to inattention and impulsivity in adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorderAndreas Konrad
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Centre of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 31:912-9. 2010..Moreover, a direct correlation between WM integrity and measures of attention and impulsivity is shown...
- Biomarkers to disclose recent intake of alcohol: potential of 5-hydroxytryptophol glucuronide testing using new direct UPLC-tandem MS and ELISA methodsOlof Beck
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute and Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Alcohol Alcohol 42:321-5. 2007..This study compared two new methods for direct determination of 5-hydroxytryptophol glucuronide (GTOL) in urine, a biomarker for detection of recent alcohol consumption...
- The TPH intron 7 A218C polymorphism and TCI dimension scores in alcohol-dependent patients: hints to nonspecific psychopathologyIon Anghelescu
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite, University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Eschenallee 3, 14050 Berlin, Germany
Addict Behav 30:1135-43. 2005....
- The syntaxin binding protein 1 gene (Stxbp1) is a candidate for an ethanol preference drinking locus on mouse chromosome 2Christoph Fehr
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience and Portland Alcohol Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, and US Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:708-20. 2005..5, p = 3 x 10(-16)). The specific gene(s) in the QTL interval responsible for phenotypic variation in ethanol preference drinking has not been identified...
- Mpdz is a quantitative trait gene for drug withdrawal seizuresRenee L Shirley
Portland Alcohol Research Center and Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, and the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, mailcode L 470, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:699-700. 2004..Our findings provide a framework to define the protein interactions and neural circuit by which this gene's product (multiple PDZ domain protein) affects drug dependence, withdrawal and relapse...
- Congenic mapping of alcohol and pentobarbital withdrawal liability loci to a <1 centimorgan interval of murine chromosome 4: identification of Mpdz as a candidate geneChristoph Fehr
Portland Alcohol Research Center and Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Neurosci 22:3730-8. 2002..These analyses, and evidence using interval-specific congenic lines, show that alcohol withdrawal severity is genetically correlated with MPDZ status, indicating that MPDZ variants may influence alcohol withdrawal liability...