Genomes and Genes
Oliver T Fackler
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Imle A, Stolp B, Böhmer V, Geyer M, Raz E, Fackler O. D186/D190 is an allele-dependent determinant of HIV-1 Nef function. Virology. 2016;498:44-56 pubmed publisher..These results emphasize differences between Nef alleles regarding the functional role of individual residues and underscore the need for allele-specific structure-function analyses. ..
- Abraham L, Fackler O. HIV-1 Nef: a multifaceted modulator of T cell receptor signaling. Cell Commun Signal. 2012;10:39 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the implications of these alterations in the context of HIV-1 infection and in light of current concepts of TCR signal transduction. ..
- Pujol F, Laketa V, Schmidt F, Mukenhirn M, MÃ¼ller B, Boulant S, et al. HIV-1 Vpu Antagonizes CD317/Tetherin by Adaptor Protein-1-Mediated Exclusion from Virus Assembly Sites. J Virol. 2016;90:6709-6723 pubmed publisher..These results refine our understanding of the molecular mechanisms of CD317/tetherin antagonism and suggest complexes of Vpu with the restriction factor and AP-1 as targets for potential therapeutic intervention. ..
- Trautz B, Pierini V, Wombacher R, Stolp B, Chase A, Pizzato M, et al. The Antagonism of HIV-1 Nef to SERINC5 Particle Infectivity Restriction Involves the Counteraction of Virion-Associated Pools of the Restriction Factor. J Virol. 2016;90:10915-10927 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the antagonism of HIV-1 Nef to SERINC5 restriction of virion infectivity is mediated by a dual mechanism that is related to CD4 downregulation. ..
- Fackler O, Grosse R. Cell motility through plasma membrane blebbing. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:879-84 pubmed publisher..The importance of blebbing as a functional protrusion is underscored by the existence of multiple molecular mechanisms that govern actin-mediated bleb retraction...