M S Exton
Affiliation: University of Essen
- Conditioned immunosuppression makes subtherapeutic cyclosporin effective via splenic innervationM S Exton
Institute for Medical Psychology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Essen, 45122 Essen, Hannover Medical School, 30623 Hannover, Germany
Am J Physiol 276:R1710-7. 1999....
- Conditioned alterations of specific blood leukocyte subsets are reconditionableM S Exton
Institute of Medical Psychology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Essen, Germany
Neuroimmunomodulation 7:106-14. 2000..These results demonstrate that behaviorally conditioned alterations of immune parameters are maintained in subsequent trials, indicating the potential clinical feasibility of behavioral conditioning procedures...
- Pavlovian conditioning of immune function: animal investigation and the challenge of human applicationM S Exton
Institute for Medical Psychology, University of Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122, Essen, Germany
Behav Brain Res 110:129-41. 2000..Together, these data demonstrate that animal models provide a basis for investigating mechanisms whereby conditioned changes in immune function may modulate health status in a clinical realm...
- Conditioned suppression of contact sensitivity is independent of sympathetic splenic innervationM S Exton
Institute for Medical Psychology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Essen, 45122 Essen, Germany
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 279:R1310-5. 2000..These data indicate that behavioral conditioning using CsA produces alterations of CHS that, unlike conditioned prolongation of heart allograft survival, are independent of sympathetically regulated conditioned alterations in the spleen...
- Coitus-induced orgasm stimulates prolactin secretion in healthy subjectsM S Exton
Institute of Medical Psychology, University of Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122, Essen, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 26:287-94. 2001....
- Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinenceM S Exton
Institut fur Medizinische Psychologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Germany
World J Urol 19:377-82. 2001..These data demonstrate that acute abstinence does not change the neuroendocrine response to orgasm but does produce elevated levels of testosterone in males...
- Conditioned taste aversion produced by cyclosporine A: concomitant reduction in lymphoid organ weight and splenocyte proliferationM S Exton
Division of Medical Psychology, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Physiol Behav 63:241-7. 1998..Furthermore, the reduction in lymphoid organ weight and splenocyte proliferation induced by CsA are also conditionable using this paradigm...
- Effects of acute prolactin manipulation on sexual drive and function in malesT H C Krüger
Department of Medical Psychology, University of Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
J Endocrinol 179:357-65. 2003..These findings may offer a new pharmacological approach for the treatment of sexual disorders...
- Metoclopramide and cellular immune functions during polymicrobial sepsisR Oberbeck
Department of Trauma Surgery, University Hospital of Essen, Essen, Germany
Eur Surg Res 36:116-22. 2004..Furthermore, this effect may be mediated by an increased endogenous prolactin release...