Affiliation: University of Munich
- Cognitive reserve associated with FDG-PET in preclinical Alzheimer diseaseMichael Ewers
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Neurology 80:1194-201. 2013..To examine the effect of education (a surrogate measure of cognitive reserve) on FDG-PET brain metabolism in elderly cognitively healthy (HC) subjects with preclinical Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Body mass index is associated with biological CSF markers of core brain pathology of Alzheimer's diseaseMichael Ewers
University of California, VA Medical Center, Center for Neuroimaging of Neurodegenerative Diseases, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Neurobiol Aging 33:1599-608. 2012..There was no interaction between CSF signature and diagnosis or apolipoprotein E (ApoE) genotype. In conclusion, lower BMI is indicative of AD pathology as assessed with CSF-based biomarkers in demented and nondemented elderly subjects...
- Prediction of conversion from mild cognitive impairment to Alzheimer's disease dementia based upon biomarkers and neuropsychological test performanceMichael Ewers
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Neurobiol Aging 33:1203-14. 2012..5, 77.4))) and TMT-B test (prediction accuracy 64.6% (95% CI (55.5, 73.4%))). In conclusion, short-term conversion to AD is predicted by single marker models to a comparable degree as by multimarker models in amnestic MCI subjects...
- CSF biomarker and PIB-PET-derived beta-amyloid signature predicts metabolic, gray matter, and cognitive changes in nondemented subjectsMichael Ewers
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Cereb Cortex 22:1993-2004. 2012....
- Staging Alzheimer's disease progression with multimodality neuroimagingMichael Ewers
Department of Radiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, USA
Prog Neurobiol 95:535-46. 2011..This will be important in designing effective treatments that target specific underlying disease AD mechanisms...
- Neuroimaging markers for the prediction and early diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease dementiaMichael Ewers
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Trends Neurosci 34:430-42. 2011..A dynamic sequence model of changes that occur in neuroimaging markers during the different disease stages is presented and the predictive value of multimodal neuroimaging for AD dementia is considered...