Affiliation: University of Bielefeld
- Trauma, poverty and mental health among Somali and Rwandese refugees living in an African refugee settlement - an epidemiological studyLamaro P Onyut
Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda
Confl Health 3:6. 2009..A mental health outreach program was initiated based on this study...
- Validation of a mental health assessment in an African conflict populationVerena Ertl
Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Department of Psychology, Bielefeld University, 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
Psychol Assess 22:318-24. 2010..Results show that mental health assessments in African languages can produce reliable and valid data but that caution is warranted in the unevaluated transfer of cutoff scores and scoring algorithms...
- Community-implemented trauma therapy for former child soldiers in Northern Uganda: a randomized controlled trialVerena Ertl
Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Department of Psychology, Bielefeld University, PO Box 100131, 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
JAMA 306:503-12. 2011..Despite high rates of impairment, there have been no randomized controlled trials examining the feasibility and efficacy of mental health interventions for former child soldiers...
- Haunted by ghosts: prevalence, predictors and outcomes of spirit possession experiences among former child soldiers and war-affected civilians in Northern UgandaFrank Neuner
Bielefeld University, Department of Psychology, Postbox 100131, 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
Soc Sci Med 75:548-54. 2012..In addition, we provide evidence for the incremental validity of spirit possession as a trauma-related psychological disorder in this context...
- Prevalence and predictors of partner violence against women in the aftermath of war: a survey among couples in Northern UgandaRegina Saile
Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Department of Psychology, Bielefeld University, Germany
Soc Sci Med 86:17-25. 2013..In addition, different patterns of partner violence should be taken into account...