Affiliation: University of Bielefeld
- Are school-based mental health interventions for war-affected children effective and harmless?Verena Ertl
Department of Psychology, Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Bielefeld University, Post Box 100131, 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
BMC Med 12:84. 2014..s results are highly relevant to inform the field of mental health service provision in war-affected countries.Please see related article http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7015/12/56. ..
- Trauma, poverty and mental health among Somali and Rwandese refugees living in an African refugee settlement - an epidemiological studyLamaro P Onyut
Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda
Confl Health 3:6. 2009..A mental health outreach program was initiated based on this study...
- Validation of a mental health assessment in an African conflict populationVerena Ertl
Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Department of Psychology, Bielefeld University, 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
Psychol Assess 22:318-24. 2010..Results show that mental health assessments in African languages can produce reliable and valid data but that caution is warranted in the unevaluated transfer of cutoff scores and scoring algorithms...
- Community-implemented trauma therapy for former child soldiers in Northern Uganda: a randomized controlled trialVerena Ertl
Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Department of Psychology, Bielefeld University, PO Box 100131, 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
JAMA 306:503-12. 2011..Despite high rates of impairment, there have been no randomized controlled trials examining the feasibility and efficacy of mental health interventions for former child soldiers...
- Haunted by ghosts: prevalence, predictors and outcomes of spirit possession experiences among former child soldiers and war-affected civilians in Northern UgandaFrank Neuner
Bielefeld University, Department of Psychology, Postbox 100131, 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
Soc Sci Med 75:548-54. 2012..In addition, we provide evidence for the incremental validity of spirit possession as a trauma-related psychological disorder in this context...
- Prevalence and predictors of partner violence against women in the aftermath of war: a survey among couples in northern UgandaRegina Saile
Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Department of Psychology, Bielefeld University, Germany
Soc Sci Med 86:17-25. 2013..In addition, different patterns of partner violence should be taken into account...
- Does war contribute to family violence against children? Findings from a two-generational multi-informant study in Northern UgandaRegina Saile
Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Department of Psychology, Bielefeld University, Germany Vivo Victim s Voice International, Allensbach, Germany
Child Abuse Negl 38:135-46. 2014....
- The hidden effects of child maltreatment in a war region: correlates of psychopathology in two generations living in Northern UgandaDavid Kani Olema
Department of Psychology, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Mbarara, Uganda vivo international e V, Konstanz, Germany
J Trauma Stress 27:35-41. 2014..253, p = .002). We conclude that, even in the context of severe war, the impact of child maltreatment on psychological disorders surpasses the damage of war trauma. ..