Affiliation: University of Duisburg-Essen
- [Use of silicon chip technology to detect protein-based tumor markers in bladder cancer]T Jager
Klinik für Urologie, Universitatsklinikum, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45147 Essen
Urologe A 46:1152-6. 2007..With silicon chip technology we have a new detection and measurement method which makes it possible to give a quantitative analysis of numerous different proteins in tissue, urine, or serum in a few minutes...
- Insertion/deletion polymorphism in the promoter of NFKB1 as a potential molecular marker for the risk of recurrence in superficial bladder cancerK Riemann
Institute of Pharmacogenetics, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 45:423-30. 2007..Several genes involved in oncogenic processes are controlled by NF-kappaB and might be influenced by alterations in its expression...
- [Genotype of the GNB3 C825T polymorphism, A risk factor for the development and course of prostate cancer?]A Eisenhardt
Urologische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrase 55, 45147, Essen, Deutschland
Urologe A 50:1137-42. 2011..A C/T polymorphism (dbSNP rs5443) at position 825 of the GNB3 gene has been described. Previous studies demonstrated an association between the GNB3 C825T genotype and different cancer entities...
- [Does cigarette smoking influence the survival of patients with prostate cancer?]T Jager
Klinik für Urologie, Uroonkologie und Kinderurologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, 45122, Essen
Urologe A 46:397-400. 2007..This effect is probably caused by metabolic changes which are activated by cigarette smoking and promote tumor growth and the development of metastases...
- [Urogenital symptoms and possibilities for urological intervention in the palliative care situation]T Jager
Klinik für Urologie, Universitatsklinikum, 45122 Essen
Urologe A 46:1407-11. 2007..g. the application of a palliative chemotherapy, makes an unobstructed urinary excretion necessary. This article gives an overview of the indications for treating urogenital symptoms and contrasts different therapy concepts...
- [Differential therapy of prostate cancer]T Jager
Klinik für Urologie, Uroonkologie und Kinderurologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, Essen, Germany
Internist (Berl) 48:1382-7. 2007..The application of chemotherapy is limited to androgen-independent disease without curative intention. Standard chemotherapy is Docetaxel. Both early detection and aftercare are based on measurement of prostate-specific antigen...
- [Occurrence, diagnostics and therapeutic management of hydronephrosis in pediatric patients in Germany]A Eisenhardt
Klinik für Urologie des Universitätsklinikums Essen
Urologe A 42:538-46. 2003..Our study illustrates the panel of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures used in the management of pediatric hydronephrosis in Germany...
- [Biochips in bladder cancer research]J Suhr
Nationales Genomforschungsnetzwerk, ,
Urologe A 42:927-32. 2003....
- [Inhaled immunotherapy for pulmonary metastases of renal cell cancer]G Lümmen
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Urologie, Universitatsklinik, Essen
Urologe A 43:457-61. 2004..Inhaled immunotherapy is a treatment option with little toxicity, but achieved only a few objective responses. Whether or not it influences overall survival could not be answered in this study...