Affiliation: University of Mainz
- Prognostic factors determining long-term survival in well-differentiated thyroid cancer: an analysis of four hundred eighty-four patients undergoing therapy and aftercare at the same institutionWaltraud Eichhorn
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Thyroid 13:949-58. 2003..Identification of the prognostic factors relevant for long-term survival in differentiated thyroid cancer in a homogenously treated patient cohort in order to allow a better initial risk stratification...
- Detection of papillary thyroid carcinoma by analysis of BRAF and RET/PTC1 mutations in fine-needle aspiration biopsies of thyroid nodulesThomas J Musholt
Endocrine Surgery, University Medical Center, Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, 55101, Mainz, Germany
World J Surg 34:2595-603. 2010..The predominant BRAF V600E mutation has not been detected in benign thyroid tissue so far, so consequently, this assumedly pathognomonic alteration is qualified to improve the preoperative diagnosis of PTC...
- Risk stratification of patients with locally aggressive differentiated thyroid cancer. Results of the MSDS trialBurkhard Riemann
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, 48149 Muenster, Germany
Nuklearmedizin 49:79-84. 2010..The aim of the present study was to compare the survival of patients with minimum and extensive extrathyroidal growth according to the new AJCC/UICC TNM staging system 2009...
- Diagnosis and treatment of pancreatic metastases of a papillary thyroid carcinomaThomas Borschitz
Endocrine Surgery, Clinic of General and Abdominal Surgery, University Medical Center, Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Thyroid 20:93-8. 2010..Additionally known but extremely rare locations are metastases of the skeletal muscles, ovaries, submandibular gland, sphenoidal sinus, brain, adrenals, and, as shown in only two previously published cases to date, the pancreas...
- Primary tumour size is a prognostic parameter in patients suffering from differentiated thyroid carcinoma with extrathyroidal growth: results of the MSDS trialJan Alexander Krämer
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Munster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, Munster, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 163:637-44. 2010....