Jana Anja Eccard
Affiliation: University of Potsdam
- Foraging under uniform risk from different types of predatorsT Liesenjohann
Dep of Animal Behavior, University of Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany
BMC Ecol 8:19. 2008..We simulated two predator types, avian and mammalian, each representing a spatially uniform risk in the artificial resource landscapes. Voles served as experimental foragers...
- Foraging decisions in risk-uniform landscapesJana Anja Eccard
Animal Behavior, University of Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e3438. 2008..The observed trade off between gain and risk, demonstrated here for food reduction and safety increase, may possibly apply also to other contexts of economic decision making...
- Breeding state and season affect interspecific interaction types: indirect resource competition and direct interferenceJana A Eccard
Unit of Animal Ecology, University of Potsdam, Potsdam, Germany
Oecologia 167:623-33. 2011..Both interaction forms overlap in the spring, possibly contributing to spring declines in the numbers of subordinate species...
- Loss of density-dependence and incomplete control by dominant breeders in a territorial species with density outbreaksJana A Eccard
Animal Ecology, University of Potsdam, Maulbeerallee 1, 14469 Potsdam, Germany
BMC Ecol 11:16. 2011..We suggest that territoriality, breeding suppression and its break-down can be understood with an incomplete-control model, developed for social breeders and social suppression...
- Optimizing temperament through litter size in short-lived, iteroparous mammals in seasonal environmentsJana A Eccard
Animal Ecology, University of Potsdam, Potsdam, Germany
Dev Psychobiol 53:585-91. 2011....