Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Association of homozygous SDF-1 3'A genotype with proliferative diabetic retinopathyZdenka Djuric
Department of Internal Medicine I and Clinical Chemistry, Ruprecht Karls University, Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Diabetol 47:79-82. 2010..The finding that homozygous carriers of the SDF-1 3'A genotype are more frequent in diabetes patients with proliferative retinopathy suggests a possible role of this genotype in the development of sight-threatening diabetic retinopathy...
- Soluble RAGE but not endogenous secretory RAGE is associated with albuminuria in patients with type 2 diabetesPer M Humpert
Department of Medicine I and Clinical Chemistry, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Cardiovasc Diabetol 6:9. 2007..Since previous data were partly divergent, the aim of this study was to compare sRAGE and esRAGE in a head-to-head analysis in patients with type 2 diabetes (T2DM) with albuminuria...
- Plasma sRAGE is independently associated with urinary albumin excretion in type 2 diabetesPer M Humpert
Department of Medicine 1, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Diabetes Care 29:1111-3. 2006
- Sustained effects of a mindfulness-based stress-reduction intervention in type 2 diabetic patients: design and first results of a randomized controlled trial (the Heidelberger Diabetes and Stress-study)Mechthild Hartmann
Department of Medicine II and Psychosomatics, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Diabetes Care 35:945-7. 2012..e., depression, psychosocial stress) and the progression of nephropathy (i.e., albuminuria) and for improving the subjective health status of patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Influence of insulin and glargine on outgrowth and number of circulating endothelial progenitor cells in type 2 diabetes patients: a partially double-blind, randomized, three-arm unicenter studyDimitrios Oikonomou
Department of Medicine I and Clinical Chemistry, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, Heidelberg, 69120, Germany
Cardiovasc Diabetol 13:137. 2014..To study direct effects of insulin treatment on EPCs in type 2 diabetes patients, add-on basal insulin treatment was compared to an escalation of oral medication aiming at similar glucose control between the groups...
- Chronic corticosterone-induced deterioration in rat behaviour is not paralleled by changes in hippocampal NF-kappaB-activationKonstanze Plaschke
Clinic of Anaesthesiology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, D 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Stress 9:97-106. 2006..Thus, cognitive alterations in rats seen after chronic corticosterone exposure are not paralleled by hippocampal NF-kappaB modulation...