V M Dirsch
Affiliation: University of Munich
- The triterpenoid quinonemethide pristimerin inhibits induction of inducible nitric oxide synthase in murine macrophagesV M Dirsch
Institute of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmacy, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 336:211-7. 1997..This feature of pristimerin is likely to contribute to its anti-inflammatory activity...
- Effect of allicin and ajoene, two compounds of garlic, on inducible nitric oxide synthaseV M Dirsch
Institute of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmacy, Munich, Germany
Atherosclerosis 139:333-9. 1998..These observations indicate that allicin and ajoene inhibit the expression of iNOS in activated macrophages. The possible link of this effect to the beneficial features attributed to garlic is discussed...
- Ajoene, a natural product with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)-like properties?V M Dirsch
Institute of Pharmacy, Center of Drug Research, Butenandtstrasse 5 13 B, University of Munich, 81377, Munich, Germany
Biochem Pharmacol 61:587-93. 2001..This finding may add a novel aspect to the biological profile of the garlic-derived natural product ajoene which might be important for understanding the usefulness of garlic for chemoprevention of gastrointestinal carcinomas...
- Reliable in vitro measurement of nitric oxide released from endothelial cells using low concentrations of the fluorescent probe 4,5-diaminofluoresceinJ F Leikert
Department of Pharmacy, Center of Drug Research, University of Munich, Butenandtstr. 5-13, D-81377, Munich, Germany
FEBS Lett 506:131-4. 2001..1 microM) and (b) by subtracting the DAF-2 auto-fluorescence from the measured total fluorescence. The described method allows easy real-time detection of endothelial NO formation...
- Ajoene, an experimental anti-leukemic drug: mechanism of cell deathV M Dirsch
Department of Pharmacy, Center of Drug Research, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Leukemia 16:74-83. 2002..These results indicate that apoptosis in leukemia cells triggered by ajoene is based on the activation of a mitochondria-dependent caspase cascade which includes also the activation of the initiator caspase-8...
- Role of Smac in cephalostatin-induced cell deathA Rudy
Department of Pharmacy, Center for Drug Research, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Cell Death Differ 15:1930-40. 2008..The bis-steroid cephalostatin proves to be both a helpful tool to investigate apoptotic signaling and a promising chemotherapeutic agent...