Affiliation: University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Localised massive tumourous xanthomatosis of the small intestineN Melling
Department of Surgery, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Krankenhausstr 12, 91054, Erlangen, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:1401-4. 2007....
- The ubiquitin-like molecule interferon-stimulated gene 15 (ISG15) is a potential prognostic marker in human breast cancerNuran Bektas
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of the RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res 10:R58. 2008..To the best of our knowledge, in the current study we present for the first time a systematic characterisation of ISG15 expression in human breast cancer and normal breast tissue both at the mRNA and protein level...
- Histological response of peritoneal carcinomatosis after hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemoperfusion (HIPEC) in experimental investigationsJoerg O W Pelz
Department of Surgery, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
BMC Cancer 6:162. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the tumor response of peritoneal carcinomatosis in tumor-bearing rats treated with HIPEC...
- The impact of surgery and mild hyperthermia on tumor response and angioneogenesis of malignant melanoma in a rat perfusion modelJoerg Pelz
Department of Surgery, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
BMC Cancer 4:53. 2004..The aim of this experimental study was to determine the effect of mild hyperthermia on tumor response and angioneogenesis in an isolated limb perfusion model with a human melanoma xenograft...
- Late pulmonary metastasis in uterine PEComaA Dimmler
Institute of Pathology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Krankenhausstrasse 8 10, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Clin Pathol 56:627-8. 2003..The findings indicate that any PEComa might have malignant potential. Spreading of this tumour to other organs might become evident even several years after primary manifestation...
- [Recurrent and metastasizing atypical fibroxanthoma]M Koch
Klinik und Poliklinik für Hals Nasen Ohren Heilkunde, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Waldstrasse 1, 91054, Erlangen, Deutschland
HNO 56:1046-51. 2008..Atypical fibroxanthoma and the appropriate therapy for it are described, and the newest discoveries regarding this disease are discussed on the basis of the current literature...
- [Pasqualini's syndrome]V Zugor
Urologische Universitätsklinik mit Poliklinik der Friedrich Alexander Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, Germany
Aktuelle Urol 38:320-3. 2007..In view of the current lack of data and our experience, we describe the properties of this uncommon syndrome; therapy, prognosis and possible relationship with seminoma are discussed in more detail...
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemoperfusion (HIPEC) decrease wound strength of colonic anastomosis in a rat modelJ O W Pelz
Department of Surgery, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Krankenhausstrasse 12, 91054, Erlangen, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:941-7. 2007..The effects of hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemoperfusion (HIPEC) of wound healing after colonic anastomosis were investigated in a rat model...
- [Congenital cystic juvenile granulosa cell tumor of the testes. Scrotal space-occupying lesion in a male neonate]V Zugor
Urologische Klinik mit Poliklinik, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Krankenhausstrasse 12, 91054, Erlangen, Germany
Urologe A 45:1312-5. 2006..This case report confirms that congenital granulosa cell tumors usually exhibit benign behavior during the neonatal period...
- Successful uterus cryopreservation in an animal modelR Dittrich
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erlangen University Hospital, Germany
Horm Metab Res 38:141-5. 2006....
- Angiogenesis and dendritic cell density are not correlated with metachronous distant metastasis in curatively operated rectal cancerK Gunther
Department of Surgery, University of Erlangen, Krankenhausstrasse 12, 91054, Erlangen, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 18:300-8. 2003..To optimize the selection process for these therapy regimens, especially in the field of cellular and molecular biology, new prognostic factors additional to the established TNM system are being investigated...
- [Angiogenesis and density of dendritic cells do not correlate with metachronous distant metastases after curative surgery of rectal carcinoma]K Gunther
Chirurgische Klinik mit Poliklinik, Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen
Chirurg 72:1144-53. 2001..To optimise the selection process for these therapy regimens especially in the field of cellular and molecular biology, new prognostic factors besides the established TNM system are being investigated...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy does not increase postoperative complication rate after resection of colorectal liver metastasesS Yedibela
Department of Surgery, University of Erlangen, Krankenhausstr 12, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:141-6. 2005..This paper discusses, whether neoadjuvant chemotherapy has an impact on the rate of postoperative complications after primary resection of liver metastases from colorectal carcinoma...
- [Angiomyolipoma of the colon - case report and review of the literature]J Pelz
Chirurgische Klinik mit Poliklinik der Friedrich Alexander Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 41:715-8. 2003..Histologic examination disclosed the tumor. The patient had no signs of family history of tuberous sclerosis. Extrarenal angiomyolipoma is rare and this may be the first report of bifocal colonic angiomyolipoma...
- Transcription of cytokeratins 8, 18, and 19 in bone marrow and limited expression of cytokeratins 7 and 20 by carcinoma cells: inherent limitations for RT-PCR in the detection of isolated tumor cellsA Dimmler
Institute of Pathology, , Erlangen, Germany
Lab Invest 81:1351-61. 2001..On the other side, the limited number of gastric and colorectal cancer cell lines expressing CK7 and CK20 indicates that assay sensitivity for these CKs might be limited because of their selective expression by carcinoma cells...
- [Long-term experiences in the therapy of esthesioneuroblastoma]M Koch
Klinik für Hals Nasen Ohren Heilkunde, Kopf und Hals Chirurgie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Waldstrasse 1, 91054 Erlangen
Laryngorhinootologie 85:723-30. 2006..There are no generally known prognostic factors or generally accepted standard therapy regimens...
- The use of an open-freezing system with self-seeding for cryopreservation of mouse ovarian tissueT Maltaris
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erlangen University Hospital, Erlangen, Germany
Reprod Domest Anim 40:250-4. 2005..3 (mean +/- SD); group 2 (cryopreserved grafts): 237 +/- 63.4]. These results demonstrate that the use of an open-freezing system allows the survival of cryopreserved mouse ovarian tissue...
- Formation of cartilage matrix proteins by BMP-transfected murine mesenchymal stem cells encapsulated in a novel class of alginatesM Weber
Department of Biotechnology, University of Wurzburg, Am Hubland, Biozentrum, Germany
Biomaterials 23:2003-13. 2002..The coincidence of the ALP peak values with downregulation of type I collagen in BMP-4 transfected cells suggested that C3H10T1/2 cells differentiate into chondrocytes via a chondroprogenitor-like cell...
- [Hepaticolithiasis. Rare benign disease of the intrahepatic bile ducts]C Knorr
Chirurgische Universitätsklinik mit Poliklinik, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Krankenhausstrasse 12, 91054 Erlangen
Chirurg 79:481-5. 2008..In the following we show a case of hepaticolithiasis and concurrent pancreatic metaplasia...
- The impact of immunological parameters on the development of phantom pain after major amputationC Stremmel
Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 30:79-82. 2005..To investigate the relationship between local and systemic inflammatory markers and phantom limb pain...