Affiliation: University of Munich
- ..These new findings provide an opportunity for the present reappraisal of vascular cognitive impairment. We further briefly address current therapeutic concepts. ..
- Kast J, Hanecker P, Beaufort N, Giese A, Joutel A, Dichgans M, et al. Sequestration of latent TGF-Î² binding protein 1 into CADASIL-related Notch3-ECD deposits. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2014;2:96 pubmed publisher..We propose LTBP-1 as a novel component of Notch3-ECD deposits and suggest its involvement in pathological processes triggered by Notch3-ECD aggregation. ..
- Dichgans M, Freilinger T, Eckstein G, Babini E, Lorenz Depiereux B, Biskup S, et al. Mutation in the neuronal voltage-gated sodium channel SCN1A in familial hemiplegic migraine. Lancet. 2005;366:371-7 pubmed..Our findings have implications for the understanding of migraine aura. Moreover, our study reinforces the molecular links between migraine and epilepsy, two common paroxysmal disorders. ..
- Azghandi S, Prell C, van der Laan S, Schneider M, Malik R, Berer K, et al. Deficiency of the stroke relevant HDAC9 gene attenuates atherosclerosis in accord with allele-specific effects at 7p21.1. Stroke. 2015;46:197-202 pubmed publisher..1, and that risk alleles in this region mediate their effects through increased HDAC9 expression. Targeted inhibition of HDAC9 might be a viable strategy to prevent atherosclerosis. ..
- Tiedt S, Prestel M, Malik R, Schieferdecker N, Duering M, Kautzky V, et al. RNA-Seq Identifies Circulating miR-125a-5p, miR-125b-5p, and miR-143-3p as Potential Biomarkers for Acute Ischemic Stroke. Circ Res. 2017;121:970-980 pubmed publisher..69; interleukin 6: area under the curve=0.82). A set of circulating microRNAs (miR-125a-5p, miR-125b-5p, and miR-143-3p) associates with acute IS and might have clinical utility as an early diagnostic marker. ..
- Zietemann V, Kopczak A, MÃ¼ller C, Wollenweber F, Dichgans M. Validation of the Telephone Interview of Cognitive Status and Telephone Montreal Cognitive Assessment Against Detailed Cognitive Testing and Clinical Diagnosis of Mild Cognitive Impairment After Stroke. Stroke. 2017;48:2952-2957 pubmed publisher..Both the TICS and T-MoCA are valid screening tools poststroke, particularly for multidomain MCI using multiple-test definition. ..