Affiliation: University of Munich
- Malik R, Dau T, Gonik M, Sivakumar A, Deredge D, Edeleva E, et al. Common coding variant in SERPINA1 increases the risk for large artery stroke. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:3613-3618 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings point to a functionally relevant balance between lipoproteins, proteases, and AAT in atherosclerosis. ..
- Duering M, Righart R, Wollenweber F, Zietemann V, Gesierich B, Dichgans M. Acute infarcts cause focal thinning in remote cortex via degeneration of connecting fiber tracts. Neurology. 2015;84:1685-92 pubmed publisher..Our observations may have implications for the understanding of structural and functional reorganization after stroke. ..
- Gesierich B, Duchesnay E, Jouvent E, Chabriat H, Schmidt R, Mangin J, et al. Features and Determinants of Lacune Shape: Relationship With Fiber Tracts and Perforating Arteries. Stroke. 2016;47:1258-64 pubmed publisher..Elongation and planarity are the primary shape principles of lacunes. Their main axis and plane align with perforating arteries. Our findings add to current concepts on the mechanisms of lacunes. ..
- Wollenweber F, DÃ¤rr S, MÃ¼ller C, Duering M, Buerger K, Zietemann V, et al. Prevalence of Amyloid Positron Emission Tomographic Positivity in Poststroke Mild Cognitive Impairment. Stroke. 2016;47:2645-8 pubmed publisher..Factors other than amyloid-pathology likely contribute to the development of PS-MCI. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01334749. ..
- ..These new findings provide an opportunity for the present reappraisal of vascular cognitive impairment. We further briefly address current therapeutic concepts. ..
- Kast J, Hanecker P, Beaufort N, Giese A, Joutel A, Dichgans M, et al. Sequestration of latent TGF-? binding protein 1 into CADASIL-related Notch3-ECD deposits. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2014;2:96 pubmed publisher..We propose LTBP-1 as a novel component of Notch3-ECD deposits and suggest its involvement in pathological processes triggered by Notch3-ECD aggregation. ..
- Dichgans M, Freilinger T, Eckstein G, Babini E, Lorenz Depiereux B, Biskup S, et al. Mutation in the neuronal voltage-gated sodium channel SCN1A in familial hemiplegic migraine. Lancet. 2005;366:371-7 pubmed..Our findings have implications for the understanding of migraine aura. Moreover, our study reinforces the molecular links between migraine and epilepsy, two common paroxysmal disorders. ..
- Azghandi S, Prell C, van der Laan S, Schneider M, Malik R, Berer K, et al. Deficiency of the stroke relevant HDAC9 gene attenuates atherosclerosis in accord with allele-specific effects at 7p21.1. Stroke. 2015;46:197-202 pubmed publisher..1, and that risk alleles in this region mediate their effects through increased HDAC9 expression. Targeted inhibition of HDAC9 might be a viable strategy to prevent atherosclerosis. ..
- Tiedt S, Prestel M, Malik R, Schieferdecker N, Duering M, Kautzky V, et al. RNA-Seq Identifies Circulating miR-125a-5p, miR-125b-5p, and miR-143-3p as Potential Biomarkers for Acute Ischemic Stroke. Circ Res. 2017;121:970-980 pubmed publisher..69; interleukin 6: area under the curve=0.82). A set of circulating microRNAs (miR-125a-5p, miR-125b-5p, and miR-143-3p) associates with acute IS and might have clinical utility as an early diagnostic marker. ..
- Zietemann V, Kopczak A, MÃ¼ller C, Wollenweber F, Dichgans M. Validation of the Telephone Interview of Cognitive Status and Telephone Montreal Cognitive Assessment Against Detailed Cognitive Testing and Clinical Diagnosis of Mild Cognitive Impairment After Stroke. Stroke. 2017;48:2952-2957 pubmed publisher..Both the TICS and T-MoCA are valid screening tools poststroke, particularly for multidomain MCI using multiple-test definition. ..