Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Adherent cells avoid polarization gradients on periodically poled LiTaO3 ferroelectricsChristof Christophis
Applied Physical Chemistry, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 253, Heidelberg, 69120, Germany
Biointerphases 8:27. 2013..If suspension cells, with a lower tendency to establish strong surface contacts are used, no influence of the field gradients is observed. ..
- Quantification of the adhesion strength of fibroblast cells on ethylene glycol terminated self-assembled monolayers by a microfluidic shear force assayChristof Christophis
Applied Physical Chemistry, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:4498-504. 2010..As the cell spreading area changes with the substrate properties, the adhesion strength per unit area was additionally determined...
- Differences between healthy hematopoietic progenitors and leukemia cells with respect to CD44 mediated rolling versus adherence behavior on hyaluronic acid coated surfacesMaximilian Hanke
Institute of Functional Interfaces, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany Applied Physical Chemistry, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany Analytical Chemistry Biointerfaces, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany Department of Medicine V, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany
Biomaterials 35:1411-9. 2014..The latter property was associated with non-responsiveness to induction chemotherapy and subsequently poor clinical outcome. ..
- Fibroblast adhesion on unidirectional polymeric nanofilmsChristof Christophis
Applied Physical Chemistry, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Biointerphases 6:158-63. 2011..Based on electron microscopy cross sections we deduce that interactions of cellular filopodia extending into the nanotextured surface are causing the direction depending removal...
- Shear stress regulates adhesion and rolling of CD44+ leukemic and hematopoietic progenitor cells on hyaluronanChristof Christophis
Applied Physical Chemistry, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Biophys J 101:585-93. 2011..Interestingly, the observations of flow-induced cell rolling are related to those found in the recruitment of leukocytes to inflammatory sites and the mechanisms of stem-cell homing into the bone marrow...
- Digital in-line holography with femtosecond VUV radiation provided by the free-electron laser FLASHAxel Rosenhahn
Angewandte Physikalische Chemie, Universitat Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Opt Express 17:8220-8. 2009..In order to demonstrate the applicability to biologically relevant systems, critical point dried rat embryonic fibroblast cells were for the first time imaged with free-electron laser radiation...