Affiliation: University of Hamburg
- Identification and characterization of cells with high angiogenic potential and transitional phenotype in calcific aortic valveFariba Chalajour
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Heart Center Hamburg, Martinistr 52, Hamburg, Germany
Exp Cell Res 313:2326-35. 2007..Hence, our findings might provide new insights into the process of pathological angiogenesis in cardiac valves...
- Angiogenic activation of valvular endothelial cells in aortic valve stenosisFariba Chalajour
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Exp Cell Res 298:455-64. 2004..These data provide new insights into the mechanisms of valvular disorders and open new perspectives for prevention and early treatment of calcified aortic stenosis...
- Vascular wall resident progenitor cells: a source for postnatal vasculogenesisElvin Zengin
Center of Experimental Medicine, Institute of Anatomy I, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Development 133:1543-51. 2006....
- Endothelial effects of 3-hydroxyglutaric acid: implications for glutaric aciduria type IChris Mühlhausen
Department of Pediatrics, University of Hamburg, Germany
Pediatr Res 59:196-202. 2006..These data may provide insight in the mechanisms of 3-OH-GA-induced vasculopathic processes and suggest N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-dependent and -independent pathways in the pathogenesis of GA1...
- Pro-angiogenic signaling by the endothelial presence of CEACAM1Nerbil Kilic
Institute of Anatomy, Medical Clinic I, University Hospital Eppendorf, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:2361-9. 2005..Thus, strategies targeting the endothelial up-regulation of CEACAM1 might be promising for antiangiogenic tumor therapy...