Affiliation: University of Giessen
- Zischka M, Künne C, Blom J, Wobser D, Sakιnç T, Schmidt Hohagen K, et al. Comprehensive molecular, genomic and phenotypic analysis of a major clone of Enterococcus faecalis MLST ST40. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:175 pubmed publisher..Molecular, genomic and phenotypic analysis of representative isolates of a major clone of E. faecalis MLST ST40 revealed new insights into the microbiology of a commensal bacterium which can turn into a conditional pathogen. ..
- Yao Y, Falgenhauer L, Kempf V, Hogardt M, Göttig S, Imirzalioglu C, et al. Draft Genome Sequences of Pandrug-Resistant Serratia marcescens Clinical Isolates Harboring blaNDM-1. Genome Announc. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..The resistance phenotype was plasmid driven, as 14 of 17 resistance genes were present on large IncFIB(K), IncHI2, and IncA/C2 plasmids indicating a large pool of transmissible antibiotic resistance genes. ..
- Pillich H, Loose M, Zimmer K, Chakraborty T. Diverse roles of endoplasmic reticulum stress sensors in bacterial infection. Mol Cell Pediatr. 2016;3:9 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will describe the mechanisms used by bacteria to activate the ER stress sensors and discuss their role during infection. ..
- Falgenhauer L, Imirzalioglu C, Ghosh H, Gwozdzinski K, Schmiedel J, Gentil K, et al. Circulation of clonal populations of fluoroquinolone-resistant CTX-M-15-producing Escherichia coli ST410 in humans and animals in Germany. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2016;47:457-65 pubmed publisher..These data provide strong evidence for the clonal dissemination of specific clades of CTX-M-15-producing E. coli ST410 in human and animal populations. ..
- Pillich H, Puri M, Chakraborty T. ActA of Listeria monocytogenes and Its Manifold Activities as an Important Listerial Virulence Factor. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2017;399:113-132 pubmed publisher..These novel properties provide a new view of ActA and help explain its role as an essential virulence factor of L. monocytogenes. ..
- Yang G, Pillich H, White R, Czikora I, Pochic I, Yue Q, et al. Listeriolysin O Causes ENaC Dysfunction in Human Airway Epithelial Cells. Toxins (Basel). 2018;10: pubmed publisher....
- Kuenne C, Billion A, Mraheil M, Strittmatter A, Daniel R, Goesmann A, et al. Reassessment of the Listeria monocytogenes pan-genome reveals dynamic integration hotspots and mobile genetic elements as major components of the accessory genome. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:47 pubmed publisher..These were comparatively analyzed in conjunction with publicly available data and assessed for pathogenicity in the Galleria mellonella insect model...
- Maurer J, Hupp S, Bischoff C, Foertsch C, Mitchell T, Chakraborty T, et al. Distinct Neurotoxicity Profile of Listeriolysin O from Listeria monocytogenes. Toxins (Basel). 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Thus, listeriolysin O demonstrated slower cell permeabilization and milder glial cell remodeling ability than did pneumolysin and lacked dendritic spine collapse capacity but exhibited equivalent dendritic pathology. ..
- Ghosh H, Bunk B, Doijad S, Schmiedel J, Falgenhauer L, Sproer C, et al. Complete Genome Sequence of blaCTX-M-27-Encoding Escherichia coli Strain H105 of Sequence Type 131 Lineage C1/H30R. Genome Announc. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..Here, we present the complete genome sequence of the ST131 sublineage C1/H30R E. coli isolate harboring blaCTX-M-27 from Germany. ..
- Puri M, La Pietra L, Mraheil M, Lucas R, Chakraborty T, Pillich H. Listeriolysin O Regulates the Expression of Optineurin, an Autophagy Adaptor That Inhibits the Growth of Listeria monocytogenes. Toxins (Basel). 2017;9: pubmed publisher..i>monocytogenes, either through induction or evasion, represents a key event in its intracellular life style and could lead to either cytosolic growth or persistence in intracellular vacuolar structures. ..