Affiliation: University of Trier
- Psychobiological aspects of atopic dermatitis: an overviewA Buske-Kirschbaum
Center of Psychobiological and Psychosomatic Research, University of Trier, Germany
Psychother Psychosom 70:6-16. 2001..g. immune processes, are still missing. This overview summarizes the role of immunological and psychological factors in AD pathogenesis and discusses potential psychobiological pathways of stress-related modulation of AD symptoms...
- Increased responsiveness of the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis to stress in newborns with atopic dispositionAngelika Buske-Kirschbaum
Center for Psychobiological and Psychosomatic Research, University of Trier, Universitätsring 15, 54286 Trier, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 29:705-11. 2004..These findings suggest that atopic disposition in neonates is associated with altered responsiveness of the HPA axis to stress which may increase the vulnerability to develop manifestation of atopy in later life...
- Blunted cortisol responses to psychosocial stress in asthmatic children: a general feature of atopic disease?Angelika Buske-Kirschbaum
Department of Psychobiology, Center for Psychobiological and Psychosomatic Research, University of Trier, Trier, Germany
Psychosom Med 65:806-10. 2003..The present study was designed to investigate whether attenuated responsiveness of the HPA axis to stress represents a characteristic feature of AD or whether it can also be found in other chronic manifestations of atopy...
- Altered responsiveness of the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis and the sympathetic adrenomedullary system to stress in patients with atopic dermatitisAngelika Buske-Kirschbaum
Center for Psychobiological and Psychosomatic Research, University of Trier, 54286 Trier, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4245-51. 2002....
- Stress-induced immunomodulation is altered in patients with atopic dermatitisA Buske-Kirschbaum
Department of Psychobiology, University of Trier, Universitätsring 1, 54286, Trier, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 129:161-7. 2002....
- Preliminary evidence for Herpes labialis recurrence following experimentally induced disgustA Buske-Kirschbaum
Center for Psychobiology and Psychosomatic Research, University of Trier, D 54286 Trier, Germany
Psychother Psychosom 70:86-91. 2001..The present study was designed to investigate modulation of recurrent HSV infection by experimentally induced emotional distress...
- Influence of stress during pregnancy on HPA activity and neonatal behaviorMargarete Rieger
Graduate School of Psychobiology, University of Trier, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1032:228-30. 2004..We found a poorer performance of newborns from high stressed mothers in the NBAS...
- Endocrine and immune responses to stress in chronic inflammatory skin disordersAngelika Buske-Kirschbaum
Department of Psychobiology, University of Trier, Trier, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 992:231-40. 2003..Further research into the role of the HPA axis in atopy may elucidate the cause of stress-induced exacerbation of atopic symptoms and may be of clinical relevance...
- Treating the parents to heal the child?Angelika Buske-Kirschbaum
Department of Biopsychology, Technical University of Dresden, Zellescher Weg 17, D 01362 Dresden, Saxony, Germany
Brain Behav Immun 22:431-2. 2008
- Differential heart rate reactivity and recovery after psychosocial stress (TSST) in healthy children, younger adults, and elderly adults: the impact of age and genderBrigitte M Kudielka
Department of Behavioral Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, CH 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Behav Med 11:116-21. 2004..In sum, this reanalysis revealed differential heart rate responses and recovery after exposition to the TSST in healthy children, younger adults, and elderly adults...
- Association between life stress during pregnancy and infant crying in the first six months postpartum: a prospective longitudinal studyHarald Wurmser
Institute for Social Pediatrics and Youth Medicine, University of Munich, Heiglhofstr 63, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Early Hum Dev 82:341-9. 2006..To examine prospectively the relationship between prenatal life stress and infant crying/fussing during the first 6 months of postnatal life, taking into account an array of confounders suggested in the literature...