Affiliation: University of Essen
- Diffusion MR imaging during acute subarachnoid hemorrhage in ratsE Busch
Neurologische Universitaetsklinik, Essen, Germany
Stroke 29:2155-61. 1998..BACKGROUND and..
- Combined X-ray angiography and diffusion-perfusion MRI for studying stroke evolution after rt-PA treatment in ratsElmar Busch
Department of Neurology, University of Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Brain Res 953:112-8. 2002..4+/-5.4 versus 47.7+/-17.9% of ipsilateral hemisphere, P=0.042). Our results demonstrate that the combination of angiography and MR-imaging is useful to further evaluate rt-PA treatment of thromboembolic stroke...
- [Prophylaxis of brain infarction]E Busch
Klinik fur Neurologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 72:533-42; quiz 543-4. 2004
- Decompressive craniectomy in acute cerebral ischemia in rats. Is there any benefit in smaller thromboembolic infarcts?Tobias Engelhorn
Department of Neuroradiology, University of Essen, School of Medicine, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Neurosci Lett 370:85-90. 2004..3 mm3 and 82.7 +/- 21.5 mm3, respectively. There was no significant difference between the two groups (P > 0.79). In conclusion, our results demonstrate that for small thromboembolic MCA infarction early craniectomy is not beneficial...
- [Thrombophilias in patients with ischemic stroke. Indication and calculated costs for evidence-based diagnostics and treatment]R Weber
Klinik fur Neurologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, 45122 Essen
Nervenarzt 76:193-201. 2005....
- Microvascular basal lamina damage in thromboembolic stroke in a rat modelMilan R Vosko
Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Marchioninistrasse 15, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Neurosci Lett 353:217-20. 2003..This study reports for the first time that microvascular basal lamina damage in experimental thromboembolic stroke is confined to regions with ADC-R in MRI...
- Acute changes of coagulation and fibrinolysis parameters after experimental thromboembolic stroke and thrombolytic therapyFlorian Stehling
Children s Hospital, University of Duisburg Essen, Germany
Neurosci Lett 441:39-43. 2008..This model may be used to study the influence of these parameters on hemorrhagic stroke transformation and outcome in experimental stroke in future...
- Protocol of a thromboembolic stroke model in the rat: review of the experimental procedure and comparison of modelsKarsten Krueger
Department of Radiology, University of Cologne, Germany
Invest Radiol 37:600-8. 2002..Described is the detailed procedure of a thromboembolic stroke model in the rat most closely resembling human embolic stroke and compare the model to other equivalent rodent models...