Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Regensburg
- Buechler C, Weiss T. Does hepatic steatosis affect drug metabolizing enzymes in the liver?. Curr Drug Metab. 2011;12:24-34 pubmed..Studies in animals, humans and in-vitro models suggesting altered expression of transcription factors, transporters and enzymes involved in drug metabolism in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease are summarized in the current review. ..
- Eisinger K, Rein Fischboeck L, Neumeier M, Schmidhofer S, Pohl R, Haberl E, et al. Alpha-syntrophin deficient mice are protected from adipocyte hypertrophy and ectopic triglyceride deposition in obesity. Exp Mol Pathol. 2018;104:212-221 pubmed publisher..Higher SNTA protein in fat depots of obese mice may contribute to adipose tissue hypertrophy and ectopic lipid deposition which has to be confirmed in humans. ..
- Krautbauer S, Meier E, Rein Fischboeck L, Pohl R, Weiss T, Sigruener A, et al. Ceramide and polyunsaturated phospholipids are strongly reduced in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1861:1767-1774 pubmed publisher..Ceramide was markedly reduced in HCC tissues, and therefore, raising ceramide levels specifically in the tumor represents a reasonable therapeutic approach for the treatment of this malignancy. ..
- Krautbauer S, Eisinger K, Wiest R, Liebisch G, Buechler C. Systemic saturated lysophosphatidylcholine is associated with hepatic function in patients with liver cirrhosis. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2016;124:27-33 pubmed publisher..8 (10.1-161.0) ?mol/l) suggesting hepatic release of this lipid species. Current data demonstrate that systemic saturated LPC species are reduced in patients with decompensated liver cirrhosis and associated with mortality risk. ..
- Buechler C, Pohl R, Aslanidis C. Pro-Resolving Molecules-New Approaches to Treat Sepsis?. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..These endogenously produced lipids do not simply limit inflammation but actively contribute to its resolution, and thus provide an opportunity to combat chronic inflammatory diseases and eventually sepsis. ..
- Rein Fischboeck L, Haberl E, Pohl R, Schmid V, Feder S, Krautbauer S, et al. Alpha-syntrophin null mice are protected from non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in the methionine-choline-deficient diet model but not the atherogenic diet model. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids. 2018;1863:526-537 pubmed publisher..NASH induced by an atherogenic diet is not influenced by loss of SNTA. The present study suggests the use of different experimental NASH models to study the pathophysiological role of proteins like SNTA in NASH. ..
- Meier E, Pohl R, Rein Fischboeck L, Schacherer D, Eisinger K, Wiest R, et al. Circulating lipocalin 2 is neither related to liver steatosis in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease nor to residual liver function in cirrhosis. Cytokine. 2016;85:45-50 pubmed publisher..Current data exclude that serum LCN2 is of any value as steatosis marker in patients with NAFLD and indicator of liver function in patients with alcoholic liver cirrhosis. ..
- Neumeier M, Hellerbrand C, Gabele E, Buettner R, Bollheimer C, Weigert J, et al. Adiponectin and its receptors in rodent models of fatty liver disease and liver cirrhosis. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:5490-4 pubmed..Diminished hepatic expression of adiponectin receptors was only found in liver cirrhosis. ..
- Rein Fischboeck L, Pohl R, Haberl E, Zimny S, Neumann M, Eisinger K, et al. Tubulin alpha 8 is expressed in hepatic stellate cells and is induced in transformed hepatocytes. Mol Cell Biochem. 2017;428:161-170 pubmed publisher..Thus, TUBA8 is a marker of HSC whose cell number is increased in NASH, while higher levels in HCC may be related to induction of TUBA8 in parenchymal cells. ..
- Bauer S, Wanninger J, Schmidhofer S, Weigert J, Neumeier M, Dorn C, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding protein 2 (SREBP2) activation after excess triglyceride storage induces chemerin in hypertrophic adipocytes. Endocrinology. 2011;152:26-35 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the current data show that adipocyte hypertrophy and chronic inflammation are equally important in inducing chemerin synthesis. ..
- Buechler C, Wanninger J, Neumeier M. Adiponectin receptor binding proteins--recent advances in elucidating adiponectin signalling pathways. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:4280-6 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes recent studies exploiting heterologous expression of adiponectin receptors in yeast, and the type and function of the recently described adiponectin receptor associated proteins. ..
- Krautbauer S, Rein Fischboeck L, Haberl E, Pohl R, Wiest R, Buechler C. Circulating fibroblast growth factor 21 in patients with liver cirrhosis. Clin Exp Med. 2018;18:63-69 pubmed publisher..The present study shows that hepatic release and systemic FGF21 are not linked to measures of liver function in patients with liver cirrhosis. ..
- Buechler C, Haberl E, Rein Fischboeck L, Aslanidis C. Adipokines in Liver Cirrhosis. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Some studies measured these proteins in systemic, hepatic and portal vein blood or after TIPS to specify the tissues contributing to circulating levels of these proteins and the effect of portal hypertension, respectively. ..
- Krautbauer S, Wiest R, Liebisch G, Buechler C. Associations of systemic sphingolipids with measures of hepatic function in liver cirrhosis are related to cholesterol. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2017;131:25-32 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that analysis of distinct systemic sphingolipid species is not superior to measurement of cholesterol as non-invasive marker of hepatic injury in patients with liver cirrhosis. ..
- Neumann M, Meier E, Rein Fischboeck L, Krautbauer S, Eisinger K, Aslanidis C, et al. Chemokine-Like Receptor 1 mRNA Weakly Correlates with Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis Score in Male but Not Female Individuals. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..In summary, this study shows that hepatic CMKLR1 mRNA is weakly associated with features of NASH in male patients only. ..
- Meier E, Rein Fischboeck L, Pohl R, Wanninger J, Hoy A, Grewal T, et al. Annexin A6 protein is downregulated in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Cell Biochem. 2016;418:81-90 pubmed publisher..The current study shows that AnxA6 is specifically reduced in human hepatocellular carcinoma suggesting a role of this protein in hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Eisinger K, Rein Fischboeck L, Pohl R, Meier E, Krautbauer S, Buechler C. The adaptor protein alpha-syntrophin regulates adipocyte lipid droplet growth. Exp Cell Res. 2016;345:100-7 pubmed publisher..Enhanced preadipocyte proliferation and capacity to store surplus fatty acids may protect adipocytes with low SNTA from lipotoxicity in obesity. ..
- Krautbauer S, Weiss T, Wiest R, Schacherer D, Liebisch G, Buechler C. Diagnostic Value of Systemic Cholesteryl Ester/Free Cholesterol Ratio in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3527-3535 pubmed..The cholesteryl ester/free cholesterol ratio is comparable in controls and patients with cirrhosis, but is specifically increased in patients with HCC. ..
- Rein Fischboeck L, Pohl R, Haberl E, Weiss T, Buechler C. The adaptor protein alpha-syntrophin is reduced in human non-alcoholic steatohepatitis but is unchanged in hepatocellular carcinoma. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;103:204-209 pubmed publisher..Present study identified associations of hepatic SNTA mRNA levels with SR-BI and features of NASH assuming a function of this protein in chronic liver disease and cholesterol metabolism. ..
- Zimny S, Pohl R, Rein Fischboeck L, Haberl E, Krautbauer S, Weiss T, et al. Chemokine (CC-motif) receptor-like 2 mRNA is expressed in hepatic stellate cells and is positively associated with characteristics of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in mice and men. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;103:1-8 pubmed publisher..TNF induces CCRL2 expression in HSC and lipopolysaccharide in KC suggesting that correlations identified in NAFLD patients are partly related to the activation of these cells. ..
- Krautbauer S, Haberl E, Eisinger K, Pohl R, Rein Fischboeck L, Rentero C, et al. Annexin A6 regulates adipocyte lipid storage and adiponectin release. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;439:419-430 pubmed publisher..AnxA6 protein in adipocytes was upregulated by oxidative stress which might trigger AnxA6 induction in adipose tissues and contribute to impaired fat storage and adiponectin release. ..
- Hebel T, Eisinger K, Neumeier M, Rein Fischboeck L, Pohl R, Meier E, et al. Lipid abnormalities in alpha/beta2-syntrophin null mice are independent from ABCA1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1851:527-36 pubmed publisher..Current data exclude a major function of these syntrophins in ABCA1 activity and insulin release but suggest a role in regulating glucose uptake, ERK and SR-BI levels, and sphingomyelin metabolism in obesity. ..
- Buechler C, Bauer S. ATP binding cassette transporter A1 (ABCA1) associated proteins: potential drug targets in the metabolic syndrome and atherosclerotic disease?. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2012;13:319-30 pubmed..In the current review the proteins suggested to form a complex with ABCA1 are summarized and their up to now characterized features towards ABCA1 functions are described...