Affiliation: University of Rostock
- [Manual-medical differential diagnosis of low back pain including osteopathic procedures]J Buchmann
Ärztegesellschaft Manuelle Medizin Berliner Seminar e V ÄMM DGMM Berliner Akademie für Osteopathische Medizin BAOM, Zentrum für Nervenheilkunde der Universität Rostock, Gehlsheimer Straße 20 18147 Rostock
Sportverletz Sportschaden 26:73-92. 2012..This is intended to facilitate the primary differential diagnostic evaluation, as well as treatment planning. The combination with osteopathic methods is very profitable. A necessary specialist differential diagnosis remains essential...
- Effects of methylphenidate on motor system excitability in a response inhibition taskOliver Kratz
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Schwabachanlage 6, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Behav Brain Funct 5:12. 2009..abstract:..
- Modulation of transcallosally mediated motor inhibition in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) by medication with methylphenidate (MPH)J Buchmann
Department of Child and Adolescence Psychiatry and Neurology, Center of Nerve Diseases, University of Rostock, Gehlsheimer Strasse 20, 18147 Rostock, Germany
Neurosci Lett 405:14-8. 2006..MPH may indirectly improve the dysbalance between excitatory and inhibitory interneuronal activities of this neuronal network via dopaminergic modulatory effects of the striato-thalamo-cortical loop...
- Restoration of disturbed intracortical motor inhibition and facilitation in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder children by methylphenidateJohannes Buchmann
Department of Child and Adolescence Psychiatry and Neurology, Center of Nerve Diseases, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 62:963-9. 2007....
- Intelligence moderates impulsivity and attention in ADHD children: an ERP study using a go/nogo paradigmJohannes Buchmann
Department of Child and Adolescence Psychiatry, Neurology, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
World J Biol Psychiatry 12:35-9. 2011..It raised the question whether attention deficit and impulse control regarded as behavioural inhibition deficit may depend on intelligence and therefore should be separated into distinct clinical entities...
- Modulation of motorcortical excitability by methylphenidate in adult voluntary test persons performing a go/nogo taskJohannes Buchmann
Department of Psychiatry, Neurology, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy in Childhood and Adolescence, Center of Nerve Diseases, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
J Neural Transm 117:249-58. 2010..In sum, MPH seems to interact via striato-thalamo-cortical pathways with original motorcortical processes (ISI), to a lesser extent with task-dependent or behavioral parameters (CRT)...
- Disturbed transcallosally mediated motor inhibition in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)J Buchmann
Department of Child and Adolescence Neuropsychiatry, Centre of Nerve Disease, University of Rostock, Gehlsdorfer Strasse 20, 18147 Rostock, Germany
Clin Neurophysiol 114:2036-42. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate mechanisms of motor-cortical excitability and inhibition which may contribute to motor hyperactivity in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Deep brain stimulation of globus pallidus internus in a 16-year-old boy with severe tourette syndrome and mental retardationA Dueck
Department of Psychiatry, Centre of Neuroscience, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Neuropediatrics 40:239-42. 2009..In this article we discuss possible reasons for the poor therapeutic effect of GPi-DBS in our patient contributing to the on-going debate on DBS inclusion criteria for adolescent TS patients...
- [Legal aspects of hyperkinetic disorders/ADHD]F Hassler
Nervenarzt 79:820-6. 2008....
- Intracortical motor inhibition and facilitation in adults with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorderJacqueline Hoeppner
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Rostock, Gehlsheimer Str 20, 18147, Rostock, Germany
J Neural Transm 115:1701-7. 2008..In ADHD adults, disturbed facilitatory and inhibitory motor circuits as found in ADHD children could not be shown, probably due to a development-dependent normalization of motor cortical excitability...
- Impaired transcallosally mediated motor inhibition in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder is modulated by methylphenidateJacqueline Hoeppner
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Center of Nervous Diseases, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
J Neural Transm 115:777-85. 2008..ISP duration appears to be a sensitive parameter for the assessment of disturbed intercortical inhibition in adults with ADHD...
- [Alternative agents used in ADHD]Frank Hässler
Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Neurologie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie im Kindes und Jugendalter der Universität Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 37:13-24, quiz 24-5. 2009..We review the purported mechanism of action and available evidence for selected complementary and alternative medicine therapies for ADHD in childhood and adolescence...
- Influence of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation on special symptoms in depressed patientsJacqueline Höppner
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Centre of Nervous Disease, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Restor Neurol Neurosci 28:577-86. 2010..This short review summarizes important preliminary data, which focus on the symptom-oriented effects of rTMS in depression...