Affiliation: University of Hamburg
- Osteopontin is colocalized with the adhesion molecule CEACAM1 in the extravillous trophoblast of the human placenta and enhances invasion of CEACAM1-expressing placental cellsJuliane Briese
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:5407-13. 2005..The human placenta is a complex tissue and possesses, through its capacity to proliferate and to invade maternal tissue, qualities that are usually found in malignant tumors. Osteopontin (OPN) and CEACAM1 may regulate these processes...
- Expression pattern of osteopontin in endometrial carcinoma: correlation with expression of the adhesion molecule CEACAM1Juliane Briese
Department of Pathology, University Clinic Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Int J Gynecol Pathol 25:161-9. 2006..We suggest that OPN might play a different role in the pathogenesis of endometrial cancer (possibly as a functional complex with CEACAM1) and could be relevant for invasive growth of such lesions...
- Primary extranodal NK/T cell lymphoma ("nasal type") of the endometrium: report of an unusual case diagnosed at autopsyJuliane Briese
Department of Gynaecopathology, Institute of Pathology, University Clinic, Martinistrasse 52, DE 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Gynecol Obstet Invest 61:164-6. 2006..Primary natural killer (NK)/T cell lymphoma of the female genital tract is extremely rare. We here report the case of a "nasal type" NK/T cell lymphoma arising in the uterus. The diagnosis was established only at autopsy...
- Stimulation of CEACAM1 expression by 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA) and calcium ionophore A23187 in endometrial carcinoma cellsAna Maria Bamberger
Department of Pathology, University Clinic Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Carcinogenesis 27:483-90. 2006....
- Osteopontin expression in gestational trophoblastic diseases: correlation with expression of the adhesion molecule, CEACAM1Juliane Briese
Institute of Pathology, Department of Gynecopathology, University Hospital Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Int J Gynecol Pathol 24:271-6. 2005....
- Expression pattern of the activating protein-1 family of transcription factors in gestational trophoblastic lesionsJuliane Briese
Department of Gynecopathology, University Hospital Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Int J Gynecol Pathol 24:265-70. 2005....
- Correlations between reduced expression of the metastasis suppressor gene KAI-1 and accumulation of p53 in uterine carcinomas and sarcomasJuliane Briese
Section on Endocrinology and Metabolism of Ageing, University Clinic Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Virchows Arch 453:89-96. 2008..In conclusion, KAI-1 and p53 show inverse expression. The reduced KAI-1 expression may be the result of dysregulated p53 function and could be an important step in the endometrial carcinogenesis...
- Lethal outcome in xanthogranulomatous endometritisFrank Noack
Department of Pathology, University Clinic Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
APMIS 114:386-8. 2006..Because this condition may mimic malignant disease macroscopically and histologically, knowledge of XE is of major importance for both pathologists and gynecologists...
- Expression of the high-mobility group protein HMGI(Y) in gestational trophoblastic diseasesJuliane Briese
Institute of Pathology, University Clinic Hamburg, Eppendorf, Germany
Int J Gynecol Pathol 25:65-9. 2006..The expression pattern of HMGI(Y) in gestational trophoblastic diseases indicates that it might play a role in the pathogenesis of GTD and might be potentially useful as an additional diagnostic marker for such lesions...
- Expression of the metastasis suppressor KAI1 in decidual cells at the human maternal-fetal interface: Regulation and functional implicationsBirgit Gellersen
Endokrinologikum Hamburg, Falkenried 88, 20251 Hamburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 170:126-39. 2007....