Affiliation: University of Bonn
- Randomised study of hypertonic saline infusion during resuscitation from out-of-hospital cardiac arrestMartin Breil
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Resuscitation 83:347-52. 2012..We studied the effect of hypertonic saline infusion during CPR (Guidelines 2000) on survival to hospital admission and hospital discharge, and neurological outcome on hospital discharge...
- Hypertonic saline improves myocardial blood flow during CPR, but is not enhanced further by the addition of hydroxy ethyl starchMartin Breil
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Street 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Resuscitation 56:307-17. 2003..To evaluate the effects of hypertonic saline (HS) and/or hydroxy ethyl starch (HES) on myocardial perfusion pressure (MPP) and blood flow (MBF), and cardiac index (CI) during and after cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)...
- Hypertonic saline during CPR: Feasibility and safety of a new protocol of fluid management during resuscitationRaphael Bender
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Bonn, Germany
Resuscitation 72:74-81. 2007..We tested the feasibility and the safety of this new therapeutic measure in a randomised, preclinical pilot study...
- Effects of hypertonic versus isotonic infusion therapy on regional cerebral blood flow after experimental cardiac arrest cardiopulmonary resuscitation in pigsHenning Krep
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital, Sigmund Freud Street 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Resuscitation 63:73-83. 2004..To evaluate the effects of hypertonic, isooncotic, and isotonic infusion therapy on cerebral blood flow (CBF) during and after cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) from experimental cardiac arrest (CA)...
- Out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation with the AutoPulse system: a prospective observational study with a new load-distributing band chest compression deviceHenning Krep
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Cologne, Kerpener Str 62, D 50924 Koln, Germany
Resuscitation 73:86-95. 2007..To evaluate the effectiveness, the safety, and the practicability of the new automated load-distributing band resuscitation device AutoPulse in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in the midsized urban emergency service of Bonn city...