Affiliation: University of Munich
- Tumor-antigen heterogeneity of disseminated breast cancer cells: implications for immunotherapy of minimal residual diseaseS Braun
I Frauenklinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
Int J Cancer 84:1-5. 1999..Thus, defining target antigens expressed by the actual target cells emerges as a crucial first step in selecting appropriate therapeutic targets...
- Lack of effect of adjuvant chemotherapy on the elimination of single dormant tumor cells in bone marrow of high-risk breast cancer patientsS Braun
I Frauenklinik der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Munich, Germany
J Clin Oncol 18:80-6. 2000..This study was designed to evaluate whether monitoring of micrometastases in bone marrow can predict the response to systemic chemotherapy in breast cancer...
- Monoclonal antibody therapy with edrecolomab in breast cancer patients: monitoring of elimination of disseminated cytokeratin-positive tumor cells in bone marrowS Braun
I Frauenklinik, Klinikum Innenstsdt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 5:3999-4004. 1999..Selection of EpCAM-/ CK+ tumor clones showed that further antibodies directed against tumor-associated antigens are warranted to improve the efficacy of monospecific approaches...
- Cytokeratin-positive cells in the bone marrow and survival of patients with stage I, II, or III breast cancerS Braun
I Frauenklinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
N Engl J Med 342:525-33. 2000..Cytokeratins are specific markers of epithelial cancer cells in bone marrow. We assessed the influence of cytokeratin-positive micrometastases in the bone marrow on the prognosis of women with breast cancer...
- Isolated tumor cells in the bone marrow (ITC-BM) of breast cancer patients before and after anthracyclin based therapy: influenced by the HER2- and Topoisomerase IIalpha-status of the primary tumor?C Schindlbeck
I Frauenklinik, Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Maistrasse 11, 80337 Munich, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:539-46. 2005....
- Occult tumor cells in bone marrow of patients with locoregionally restricted ovarian cancer predict early distant metastatic relapseS Braun
I Frauenklinik and Institute of Immunology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Clin Oncol 19:368-75. 2001..Consequently, we investigated the incidence of early hematogenous dissemination and its association with distant disease-free and overall survival...
- The fate and prognostic value of occult metastatic cells in the bone marrow of patients with breast carcinoma between primary treatment and recurrenceW Janni
I Frauenklinik, Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians Universtitaet, Muenchen, Germany
Cancer 92:46-53. 2001....
- Comparative analysis of micrometastasis to the bone marrow and lymph nodes of node-negative breast cancer patients receiving no adjuvant therapyS Braun
I Frauenklinik and Department of Gynecological Pathology, Klinikum Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munchen, Gemany
J Clin Oncol 19:1468-75. 2001..In the present study we analyzed whether a correlation exists between microscopic tumor cell spread to bone marrow and to lymph nodes and attempted to determine which route is clinically more important...
- Radiotherapy of the chest wall following mastectomy for early-stage breast cancer: impact on local recurrence and overall survivalW Janni
I Frauenklinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universtitaet, Maistr 11, D 80337, Muenchen, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 48:967-75. 2000..This study was designed to clarify whether or not routine radiotherapy of the chest wall following mastectomy reduces the risk of local recurrence and if it influences the overall survival rate...
- Isolated and interactive impact of common CYP2C19 genetic variants on the antiplatelet effect of chronic clopidogrel therapyD Sibbing
Deutsches Herzzentrum München and 1 Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Thromb Haemost 8:1685-93. 2010..Currently, the isolated and interactive impacts of both variants on the antiplatelet effects of chronic clopidogrel therapy are unknown...
- Antiplatelet effects of clopidogrel and bleeding in patients undergoing coronary stent placementD Sibbing
Deutsches Herzzentrum München and I Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Thromb Haemost 8:250-6. 2010..In patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), a link between bleeding and excess mortality has been demonstrated. A potential association of platelet response to clopidogrel and bleeding has not been well established yet...
- Pre-procedural C-reactive protein levels and clinical outcomes after percutaneous coronary interventions with and without abciximab: pooled analysis of four ISAR trialsR Iijima
Deutsches Herzzentrum, Technische Universitat, Munich, Germany
Heart 95:107-12. 2009....
- Clinical relevance of occult metastatic cells in the bone marrow of patients with different stages of breast cancerW Janni
I Frauenklinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
Clin Breast Cancer 1:217-25. 2000..The present review also focuses on state of the art, reliable detection methods of occult metastatic cells in the bone marrow of breast cancer patients and on the prognostic relevance of these cells at different stages of the disease...
- Antiplatelet efficacy of prasugrel in patients with high on-clopidogrel treatment platelet reactivity and a history of coronary stentingIsabell Bernlochner
Deutsches Herzzentrum, Medizinische Klinik rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Thromb Haemost 109:517-24. 2013..However, prasugrel response variability was detected, being more pronounced on prasugrel MD vs. LD treatment. The clinical impact of these findings warrants further investigation...
- Comparative analysis between the HER2 status in primary breast cancer tissue and the detection of isolated tumor cells in the bone marrowC Schindlbeck
I Frauenklinik, Klinikum Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 87:65-74. 2004..The direct identification of HER2 on ITC-BM is the aim of ongoing research, potentially synergizing the prognostic relevance of ITC-BM and the predictive value of the HER2 status...
- Recent advances in technologies for the detection of occult metastatic cells in bone marrow of breast cancer patientsS Braun
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Research Unit, Technical University, Munich, Germany
Breast Cancer Res 3:285-8. 2001..Standardized and robust methodology is a prerequisite for clinical application of these techniques, however...
- [Incidence and prognostic significance of disseminated tumor cells in patients with cervical cancer]B Rack
I Frauenklinik, Klinikum Innenstadt der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Maistrasse 11, D 80337 München, Deutschland
Acta Med Austriaca Suppl 59:36-41. 2002..In view of the data on disseminated tumor cells in other tumor entities, these early results might offer new options for refined tumor staging and improved treatment options...
- [Tumor biology of primary breast cancer and minimal residual disease]C Schindlbeck
I Frauenklinik, Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Maistrasse 11, D 80337 München, Deutschland
Acta Med Austriaca Suppl 59:27-31. 2002..Preliminary results on multi colour stained samples indicate that a selection of certain biological factors takes place during tumor cell dissemination...
- Low preoperative antithrombin activity causes reduced response to heparin in adult but not in infant cardiac-surgical patientsW Dietrich
Department of Anesthesiology, German Heart Center, Munich, Germany
Anesth Analg 92:66-71. 2001..Measurement of preoperative AT activity identifies patients at risk of inadequate anticoagulation during CPB...
- Myeloperoxidase level in patients with stable coronary artery disease and acute coronary syndromesG Ndrepepa
Division of Cardiology, German Heart Center in Munich, Munich, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 38:90-6. 2008..The aim of the study was to compare MPO level across the entire spectrum of CAD, to assess the accuracy of MPO in predicting acute coronary syndromes and to define independent correlates of MPO level...
- Glycoprotein Ia C807T polymorphism and risk of restenosis following coronary stentingN von Beckerath
Deutsches Herzzentrum München and 1 Medizinische Klinik rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Lazarettstr 36, 80636, Munich, Germany
Atherosclerosis 156:463-8. 2001..6% for CC, 21.7% for CT and 21.2% for TT patients (P=0.98). Thus, carriage of the GP Ia T807 allele is not associated with an increased risk of restenosis or unfavorable late outcome following coronary artery stenting...
- Clinical significance of occult metastatic cells in bone marrow of breast cancer patientsS Braun
Frauenklinik und Poliklinik, , Klinikum rechts der Isar, , Germany
Oncologist 6:125-32. 2001..The present review summarizes the current data on the clinical significance of occult metastatic breast cancer cells in bone marrow...
- Characterization of disseminated tumor cellsS B Hosch
Chirurgische Klinik, , Hamburg, Germany
Semin Surg Oncol 20:265-71. 2001..This review summarizes the current knowledge on the biological characteristics of micrometastatic cancer cells in bone marrow and lymph nodes of cancer patients...
- [Technical aspects of immunocytochemical detection of disseminated tumor cells in bone marrow]S Braun
Universitatsklinik fur Frauenheilkunde, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020 Innsbruck
Acta Med Austriaca Suppl 59:14-7. 2002..This review summarises the currently available data on techniques that can be used to detect metastatic breast cancer cells in bone marrow and values their opportunities and limitations...
- Nuclear localization and DNA binding of ecdysone receptor and ultraspiracleM V Cronauer
Institute of General Zoology and Endocrinology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 65:125-33. 2007..The results indicate that EcR and Usp can enter the nucleus independently, but cotransport of both receptors mediated by dimerization via the ligand binding domains is possible even in the absence of hormone...
- [Acetone treatment of lymph node preparations in staging colorectal specimens]D Richter
Institut für Pathologie und Zytologie, Dr Horst Schmidt Kliniken GmbH, Ludwig Erhardt Strasse 100, 65199, Wiesbaden
Pathologe 28:269-72. 2007..Lymph node preparation after acetone treatment is an easy, low cost method resulting in a much larger number of lymph nodes for more accurate staging...
- [Traveler's thrombosis]S Braun
Klinik und Poliklinik für Hautkrankheiten, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat, Greifswald
Hautarzt 54:518-23. 2003..Therefore, prophylaxis of thromboembolic events during long distance journeys can only be considered good advice (with the exception of leg exercise) instead of an evidence-based recommendation...
- [Importance of occult metastatic cells in the treatment of patients with breast and gastrointestinal cancers]S Braun
Universitätsklinikum für Frauenheilkunde, Leopold Franzens Universitat, Innsbruck, Osterreich
Acta Med Austriaca Suppl 59:18-26. 2002..This review summarizes the currently available data on the importance of disseminated tumor cells for the treatment of patients with breast or gastrointestinal cancer...
- [About type and incidence of heart disease in psittacines kept in captivity in Germany]S Braun
Klinik für Kleintiere, Veterinärmedizinische Fakultät der Universität Leipzig
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 109:255-60. 2002..This study allocates that especially noninfectious heart disease is of markedly importance in psittacines and that their evidence is much higher than it might be suspected on the basis of publications...
- [Breast carcinoma. Biological principles, classification and prognostic factors]S Braun
Frauenklinik and Poliklinik, Technischen Universitat Munchen, Klinikum rechts der Isar Ismaninger Strasse 22, 81675 Munchen
Internist (Berl) 43:329-30, 333-9. 2002
- Immunodiagnosis and immunotherapy of isolated tumor cells disseminated to bone marrow of patients with colorectal cancerS Braun
I. Universitats-Frauenklinik, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat, Munchen, Germany
Tumori 81:78-83. 1995..The present article reviews the current state of immunologic strategies used to detect, characterize, and treat minimal residual colon cancer...