Genomes and Genes
L O Brandenburg
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Brandenburg L, Kipp M, Lucius R, Pufe T, Wruck C. Sulforaphane suppresses LPS-induced inflammation in primary rat microglia. Inflamm Res. 2010;59:443-50 pubmed publisher..We showed that SF, and also LPS by itself, are able to activate the cell's defence against oxidative and electrophilic stress. We conclude that SF could be a candidate agent for anti-inflammatory treatment of the central nervous system. ..
- Bihler K, Kress E, Esser S, Nyamoya S, Tauber S, Clarner T, et al. Formyl Peptide Receptor 1-Mediated Glial Cell Activation in a Mouse Model of Cuprizone-Induced Demyelination. J Mol Neurosci. 2017;62:232-243 pubmed publisher..Combined together, these results suggest that the FPR1 is an important part of the innate immune response in the course of cuprizone-induced demyelination. ..
- Brandenburg L, Konrad M, Wruck C, Koch T, Lucius R, Pufe T. Functional and physical interactions between formyl-peptide-receptors and scavenger receptor MARCO and their involvement in amyloid beta 1-42-induced signal transduction in glial cells. J Neurochem. 2010;113:749-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that FPRL1 plays a pivotal role for Abeta1-42-induced signal transduction in glial cells and the interaction with MARCO could explain the broad ligand spectrum of formyl peptide receptors. ..
- Brandenburg L, Konrad M, Wruck C, Koch T, Pufe T, Lucius R. Involvement of formyl-peptide-receptor-like-1 and phospholipase D in the internalization and signal transduction of amyloid beta 1-42 in glial cells. Neuroscience. 2008;156:266-76 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that PLD plays an important role in the regulation of Abeta1-42-induced endocytosis and FPRL1 receptor signaling. ..
- Brandenburg L, Varoga D, Nicolaeva N, Leib S, Podschun R, Wruck C, et al. Expression and regulation of antimicrobial peptide rCRAMP after bacterial infection in primary rat meningeal cells. J Neuroimmunol. 2009;217:55-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cathelicidins produced by meningeal cells play an important part in the innate immune response against pathogens in CNS bacterial infections. ..
- Fragoulis A, Siegl S, Fendt M, Jansen S, Soppa U, Brandenburg L, et al. Oral administration of methysticin improves cognitive deficits in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Redox Biol. 2017;12:843-853 pubmed publisher..Therefore, kavalactones might be suitable candidates to serve as lead compounds for the development of a new class of neuroprotective drugs. ..
- Kress E, Merres J, Albrecht L, Hammerschmidt S, Pufe T, Tauber S, et al. CRAMP deficiency leads to a pro-inflammatory phenotype and impaired phagocytosis after exposure to bacterial meningitis pathogens. Cell Commun Signal. 2017;15:32 pubmed publisher..The results indicate the importance of CRAMP to maintain and regulate the delicate balance between beneficial and harmful immune response in the brain. ..
- Brandenburg L, Seyferth S, Wruck C, Koch T, Rosenstiel P, Lucius R, et al. Involvement of Phospholipase D 1 and 2 in the subcellular localization and activity of formyl-peptide-receptors in the human colonic cell line HT29. Mol Membr Biol. 2009;26:371-83 pubmed publisher..The constitutive internalization rate was unaffected. Our results support the importance of PLD1 and 2 in formyl peptide receptor function and the role of endocytosis, receptor recycling and reactivation for receptor activity. ..