Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Cologne
- The rice field cyanobacteria Anabaena azotica and Anabaena sp. CH1 express vanadium-dependent nitrogenaseGudrun Boison
Department of Marine Microbiology, Centre for Estuarine and Marine Ecology, Netherlands Institute of Ecology NIOO KNAW, 4400 AC Yerseke, The Netherlands
Arch Microbiol 186:367-76. 2006..5 degrees C. The uptake hydrogenase gene hupL was expressed in Mo-free medium concomitantly with vnfDG in A. azotica, Anabaena sp. CH1, and A. variabilis...
- Nitrogen fixation and hydrogen metabolism in cyanobacteriaHermann Bothe
Botanical Institute, The University of Cologne, Zülpicher Str 47b, D 50923 Cologne, Germany
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 74:529-51. 2010....
- Maximizing hydrogen production by cyanobacteriaHermann Bothe
Botanical Institute, The University of Cologne, Gyrhofstr 15, D 50923 Cologne, Germany
Z Naturforsch C 63:226-32. 2008....
- Unicellular cyanobacteria with a new mode of life: the lack of photosynthetic oxygen evolution allows nitrogen fixation to proceedHermann Bothe
Botanical Institute, The University of Cologne, Germany
Arch Microbiol 192:783-90. 2010..The cell metabolism of UCYN-A and the spheroid bodies may be related to that of the acetate photoassimilating green alga Chlamydobotrys...
- The potential role of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi in protecting endangered plants and habitatsHermann Bothe
Biology Department, Botany, The University of Cologne, Zülpicher Str 47b, 50674, Cologne, Germany
Mycorrhiza 20:445-57. 2010....
- Prokaryotic life in a potash-polluted marsh with emphasis on N-metabolizing microorganismsSascha Eilmus
Botanical Institute, The University of Cologne, Gyrhofstrasse 15, D 50923 Köln, Germany
Environ Pollut 146:478-91. 2007..Bacteria of hypersaline areas coexist with salt-non-tolerant species. The recently developed TReFID program is successfully applied to characterize a prokaryote community structure...
- Improved assessment of denitrifying, N2-fixing, and total-community bacteria by terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis using multiple restriction enzymesChristopher Rösch
Botanisches Institut, Universitat zu Koln, Gyrhofstrasse 15, D 50923 Cologne, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:2026-35. 2005..The use of the TReFID program reveals that noncultured denitrifying and dinitrogen-fixing bacteria might play a more dominant role in soils than believed hitherto...
- Bacterial life and dinitrogen fixation at a gypsum rockGudrun Boison
Botanical Institute, The University of Cologne, Gyrhofstr. 15, D-50923 Cologne, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:7070-7. 2004..Phylogenetic analysis of nifH sequences tends to suggest that molybdenum nitrogenase 2 is characteristic of those unicellular or filamentous, nonheterocystous cyanobacteria fixing N2 under microaerobic conditions only...
- Biodiversity of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi in roots and soils of two salt marshesPetra Wilde
Botanical Institute, University of Cologne, Koln, Germany
Environ Microbiol 11:1548-61. 2009..Zygotes of the alga Vaucheria erythrospora (Xanthophyceae) were retrieved and should not be misidentified with AMF spores...
- The bacterium Paenibacillus validus stimulates growth of the arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus Glomus intraradices up to the formation of fertile sporesUlrich Hildebrandt
Botanical Institute, University of Cologne, , Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 254:258-67. 2006....
- Biodiversity of denitrifying and dinitrogen-fixing bacteria in an acid forest soilChristopher Rösch
Botanisches Institut, Universitat zu Koln, D 50923 Cologne, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:3818-29. 2002....
- Differential gene expressions in arbuscular mycorrhizal-colonized tomato grown under heavy metal stressFouad Ouziad
Botanisches Institut der Universitat zu Koln, Gyrhofstr 15, D 50923 Köln, Germany
J Plant Physiol 162:634-49. 2005..Thus the fungal cells in the symbiosis may primarily have to cope with the heavy metal-induced oxidative stress...
- HoxE--a subunit specific for the pentameric bidirectional hydrogenase complex (HoxEFUYH) of cyanobacteriaOliver Schmitz
, Gyrhofstr. 15, D-50931 Cologne, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1554:66-74. 2002..The molecular weight of the native protein (375 kDa) indicates a dimeric assembly of the enzyme complex, Hox(EFUYH)(2)...