Gabriel Alejandro Bonaterra
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Anti-inflammatory effects of the willow bark extract STW 33-I (Proaktiv(®)) in LPS-activated human monocytes and differentiated macrophagesG A Bonaterra
Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Medical Cell Biology, University of Marburg, Robert Koch Str 8, 35032 Marburg, Germany
Phytomedicine 17:1106-13. 2010....
- Identification of valid reference genes during the differentiation of human myoblastsJens Stern-Straeter
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
BMC Mol Biol 10:66. 2009..The geNorm, NormFinder and BestKeeper software programs were used to ascertain the most suitable RG to normalize the RNA input...
- In vitro anti-proliferative effects of the willow bark extract STW 33-IGabriel Alejandro Bonaterra
Centre for Biomedicine and Biomedical Technology Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 60:330-5. 2010..The different influence of willow bark on the COX-1 and COX-2 mRNA expressions in comparison to NSAIDs might be relevant, e.g., for prevention of undesirable side effects such as gastric erosions...
- Evaluation of the effects of different culture media on the myogenic differentiation potential of adipose tissue- or bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stem cellsJens Stern-Straeter
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Int J Mol Med 33:160-70. 2014..The strongest myogenic differentiation, in terms of the markers examined, was induced by the 30% conditioned cell culture medium...
- Characterization of apoptotic macrophages in atheromatous tissue of humans and heritable hyperlipidemic rabbitsR Kinscherf
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology III, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Atherosclerosis 144:33-9. 1999..Since all these processes have been demonstrated to cause apoptosis of macrophages in vitro, we propose their potency accelerates the susceptibility of the macrophages to programmed cell death in atherosclerotic lesions...
- Expression of growth differentiation factor-15/ macrophage inhibitory cytokine-1 (GDF-15/MIC-1) in the perinatal, adult, and injured rat brainA Schober
Neuroanatomy and Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences IZN, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Comp Neurol 439:32-45. 2001..Finally, GDF-15/MIC-1 may also act within the antiinflammatory cytokine network activated in CNS lesions...
- Characterization of human myoblast differentiation for tissue-engineering purposes by quantitative gene expression analysisJens Stern-Straeter
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 5:e197-206. 2011..Our data provide information about time-dependent gene expression of differentiation markers in human satellite cells, which can be used for maturation analyses in skeletal muscle tissue-engineering applications...