Affiliation: University of Bayreuth
- DNA-induced dimerization of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 triggers its activationEmmanuelle Pion
UMR 7034 du CNRS, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie et Physico Chimie des Interactions Cellulaires et Moléculaires, Universite Louis Pasteur de Strasbourg, 74, route du Rhin, F 67401 Illkirch Cedex, France
Biochemistry 44:14670-81. 2005..Taken together, our data allow further characterization of the features of hPARP-1 recognition in damaged cells and bring additional evidence that hPARP-1 may also play a role in undamaged cells...
- Molecular mechanism of the Zn2+-induced folding of the distal CCHC finger motif of the HIV-1 nucleocapsid proteinElisa Bombarda
UMR 7175, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Louis Pasteur, Faculte de Pharmacie, Illkirch, France
Biophys J 93:208-17. 2007..Due to their critical role in folding, the intermediates identified for the first time in this study may constitute potential targets for HIV therapy...
- Structure of the His44 --> Ala single point mutant of the distal finger motif of HIV-1 nucleocapsid protein: a combined NMR, molecular dynamics simulation, and fluorescence studyRoland H Stote
Laboratoire de Chimie Biophysique, ISIS UMR 7006 CNRS, Universite Louis Pasteur, 8 allee Gaspard Monge, BP 70028, F 67083 Strasbourg cedex, France
Biochemistry 43:7687-97. 2004..Modeling of the DNA:NCp7 complex using structures of the variant peptide suggests that the residues forming a hydrophobic cleft in the native protein are improperly oriented for efficient DNA binding by the variant peptide...
- Investigating the mechanisms of photosynthetic proteins using continuum electrostaticsG Matthias Ullmann
Structural Biology Bioinformatics, University of Bayreuth, Universitätsstr 30, BGI, Bayreuth 95447, Germany
Photosynth Res 97:33-53. 2008..Simulations as those reviewed in this article help to analyze molecular mechanisms on the basis of the structure of the protein, guide new experiments, and provide a better and deeper understanding of protein functions...
- Mechanism of zinc coordination by point-mutated structures of the distal CCHC binding motif of the HIV-1 NCp7 proteinElisa Bombarda
UMR 7034 du CNRS, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie et Physico Chimie des Interactions Cellulaires et Moléculaires, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Louis Pasteur, 74, route du Rhin, F 67401 Illkirch Cedex, France
Biochemistry 44:7315-25. 2005..3 and approximately 10(3) s(-)(1), respectively, for Ser49(35-50)NCp7 and approximately 4 x 10(-)(3) and approximately 500 s(-)(1), respectively, for Ala44(35-50)NCp7...
- Theoretical investigation of the behavior of titratable groups in proteinsAstrid R Klingen
Structural Biology Bioinformatics, University of Bayreuth, Universitatsstrasse 30, BGI, D 95447 Bayreuth, Germany
Photochem Photobiol Sci 5:588-96. 2006....
- Influence of the membrane potential on the protonation of bacteriorhodopsin: insights from electrostatic calculations into the regulation of proton pumpingElisa Bombarda
Structural Biology Bioinformatics, University of Bayreuth, Universitätsstr 30, BGI, 95447 Bayreuth, Germany
J Am Chem Soc 128:12129-39. 2006..Our calculations give new insights into the mechanism with which bacteriorhodopsin senses the membrane potential and the pH gradient and how the proton pumping is regulated by these parameters...