Bernhard O Boehm
Affiliation: University of Ulm
- Overweight, physical activity, tobacco and alcohol consumption in a cross-sectional random sample of German adultsMark M Haenle
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Ulm, Robert Koch Str, 8, 89081 Ulm, Germany
BMC Public Health 6:233. 2006..Data on health behaviour were collected as part of the EMIL study which investigated the prevalence of infection with Echinococcus multilocularis and other medical conditions in an urban German population...
- Investigation of 95 variants identified in a genome-wide study for association with mortality after acute coronary syndromeThomas M Morgan
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
BMC Med Genet 12:127. 2011..Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have identified new candidate genes for the occurrence of acute coronary syndrome (ACS), but possible effects of such genes on survival following ACS have yet to be investigated...
- Genetic variation in Fc gamma receptor IIa and risk of coronary heart disease: negative results from two large independent populationsMahir Karakas
Department of Internal Medicine II Cardiology, University of Ulm, Germany
BMC Med Genet 10:46. 2009..We sought to investigate the association of Fc gamma RIIa genotype with risk of coronary heart disease (CHD) in two large population-based samples...
- Genetic variants of the promoter of the heme oxygenase-1 gene and their influence on cardiovascular disease (the Ludwigshafen Risk and Cardiovascular Health study)Nicola Lüblinghoff
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
BMC Med Genet 10:36. 2009..We sought to validate these observations in persons scheduled for coronary angiography...
- Bones and Crohn's: estradiol deficiency in men with Crohn's disease is not associated with reduced bone mineral densityJ Klaus
University of Ulm, Department of Internal Medicine I, Robert Koch Str, 8, 89081 Ulm, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 8:48. 2008..Deficiency of sex steroids, especially estradiol (E2), is an established risk factor in postmenopausal osteoporosis...
- Vitamin C supplement use may protect against gallstones: an observational study on a randomly selected populationThomas Walcher
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Ulm, Ulm, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 9:74. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the possible association of regular vitamin C supplementation with gallstone prevalence...
- Thyroid examination in highly radiation-exposed workers after the Chernobyl accidentBernhard O Boehm
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulm, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 160:625-30. 2009..Radioactive contamination from the Chernobyl nuclear accident that happened on the morning of 26th April 1986 had a major impact on thyroid health in the Belarus region...
- Class III alleles at the insulin VNTR polymorphism are associated with regulatory T-cell responses to proinsulin epitopes in HLA-DR4, DQ8 individualsIvana Durinovic-Bello
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Endocrinology, University of Ulm, Germany
Diabetes 54:S18-24. 2005....
- Coexpression of CD25 and OX40 (CD134) receptors delineates autoreactive T-cells in type 1 diabetesJosef Endl
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Ulm University, Robert Koch Strasse 8, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Diabetes 55:50-60. 2006..The CD134 costimulatory molecule may also provide a novel therapeutic target in type 1 diabetes...
- DRB1*0401-restricted human T cell clone specific for the major proinsulin73-90 epitope expresses a down-regulatory T helper 2 phenotypeIvana Durinovic-Bello
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Endocrinology, University of Ulm, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:11683-8. 2006....
- Isolated post-challenge hyperglycaemia predicts increased cardiovascular mortalityGuenther Silbernagel
LURIC Study Nonprofit LLC, Freiburg, Germany
Atherosclerosis 225:194-9. 2012..Glycated haemoglobin at a cut-point of ≥6.5% has been included in the diagnostic algorithm. We aimed to investigate whether there is still the need to perform oral glucose tolerance tests (OGTT)...
- Experimental autoimmune diabetes: a new tool to study mechanisms and consequences of insulin-specific autoimmunityTarvo Rajasalu
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulm, Robert Koch Strasse 8, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1037:208-15. 2004..1 for disease manifestation. Taken together, EAD is a novel, genetically defined animal model of type 1 diabetes suitable to analyze mechanisms and consequences of insulin-specific T cell autoimmunity...
- Levothyroxine in euthyroid autoimmune thyroiditis and type 1 diabetes: a randomized, controlled trialBeate Karges
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, University Children s Hospital, University of Ulm, Eythstrasse 24, D 89075 Ulm, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1647-52. 2007..Patients with type 1 diabetes (T1D) have an increased risk of autoimmune thyroiditis (AIT)...
- Association of TCF7L2 SNPs with age at onset of type 2 diabetes and proinsulin/insulin ratio but not with glucagon-like peptide 1Guenther Silbernagel
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Nephrology, Vascular Disease, and Clinical Chemistry, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 27:499-505. 2011..We investigated the effect of the allelic variants rs1225537 and rs7903146 in TCF7L2 on the age at onset of type 2 diabetes, the plasma concentrations of proinsulin and GLP-1, and the ratio of proinsulin to insulin in a German cohort...
- Preproinsulin-specific CD8+ T cells secrete IFNgamma in human type 1 diabetesSilvia Rathmann
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Endocrinology, University of Ulm, Robert Koch Str 8, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1037:22-5. 2004..Further investigations defining epitope specificity, cytokine secretion, and cytotoxic capacity are important to clarify their role in T1D development...