Affiliation: University of Munich
- Are there time and cost savings by using telemanagement for patients on intensified insulin therapy? A randomised, controlled trialEberhard Biermann
Institute for Diabetes Research, Kolner Platz 1, 80804 Munich, Germany
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 69:137-46. 2002..This study focuses on the fiscal and administrative aspects of telemanagement, which was used to establish a supervised autonomy of patients on intensified insulin therapy...
- Semi-automatic generation of medical tele-expert opinion for primary care physicianE Biermann
Institut fur Diabetesforschung, Kölnerplatz 1, D 80804 München, Germany
Methods Inf Med 42:212-9. 2003..A computer-based system has been developed for the generation of medical expert opinions on the insulin-resistance syndrome, based on clinical data obtained from primary care physicians...
- How would patients behave if they were continually informed of their blood glucose levels? A simulation study using a "virtual" patientEberhard Biermann
Staedtisches Klinikum Muenchen GmbH, Klinikum Schwabing, Muenchen, Germany
Diabetes Technol Ther 10:178-87. 2008..In this study, we use a computer-generated "virtual" patient to predict changes in behavior that may result from an increased awareness of BG levels...
- Sustained normoglycemia and remission phase in newly diagnosed type I diabetic subjects. Comparison between continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion and conventional therapy during a one year follow-upE Edelmann
III. Medizinische Abteilung and Forschergruppe Diabetes, , , Germany
Horm Metab Res 19:419-21. 1987..2 U/kg/24 h insulin to maintain optimal diabetic control (3 CSII, 4 CI). During the first year of insulin treatment in type I diabetes with CSII as well as with CI a comparable near normalisation of diabetic control could be achieved...
- No evidence for accumulation of insulin glargine (LANTUS)E Biermann
Diabet Med 20:333-4; author reply 334-5. 2003
- [Neurological complications caused by positioning from the legal viewpoint]E Biermann
Justitiar des Berufsverbandes Deutscher Anästhesisten, Nuremberg
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 38:491-5. 2003
- [The problems with parallel narcosis. Professional and legal limits of delegation of anaesthesiological responsibilities to non-medical personnel]K Ulsenheimer
Ulsenheimer Friederich Rechtsanwälte, Maximiliansplatz 12, 80333 München
Anaesthesist 56:313-6, 318-21. 2007..Therefore, the correct performance of parallel narcosis is coupled with far-reaching liability risks for all participants involved in this form of organisation or those responsible for them...
- [Medical core competence and delegation in intensive care medicine: resolution of the German Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine and the Professional Association of German Anaesthetists from 11.12.2007]H Van Aken
Deutschen Gesellschaft für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin e V
Anaesthesist 57:83-4. 2008