Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Hamburg
- Expression of doublecortin in tumours of the central and peripheral nervous system and in human non-neuronal tissuesChristian Bernreuther
Institute of Neuropathology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246, Hamburg, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 111:247-54. 2006....
- Transplanted L1 expressing radial glia and astrocytes enhance recovery after spinal cord injuryJin Chong Xu
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
J Neurotrauma 28:1921-37. 2011....
- Plasma levels of neuron specific enolase quantify the extent of neuronal injury in murine models of ischemic stroke and multiple sclerosisMathias Gelderblom
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Neurobiol Dis 59:177-82. 2013..We aimed at validating a plasma biomarker for neuronal damage that can be used in acute and chronic models of neurological diseases...
- In vitro generation of three-dimensional substrate-adherent embryonic stem cell-derived neural aggregates for application in animal models of neurological disordersGunnar Hargus
Center for Molecular Neurobiology Hamburg, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Curr Protoc Stem Cell Biol . 2012....
- Carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 1 inhibits MMP-9-mediated blood-brain-barrier breakdown in a mouse model for ischemic strokePeter Ludewig
From the Institute of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Neurology, Department of Neuropathology, and Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Circ Res 113:1013-22. 2013..A functional role for the carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 1 (CEACAM1) in the regulation of reperfusion injury has not yet been demonstrated...
- Heterozygosity for the mutated X-chromosome-linked L1 cell adhesion molecule gene leads to increased numbers of neurons and enhanced metabolism in the forebrain of female carrier miceJaninne Sylvie Schmid
Center for Molecular Neurobiology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrase 52, 20246, Hamburg, Germany
Brain Struct Funct 218:1375-90. 2013....
- Dermatan sulfotransferase Chst14/D4st1, but not chondroitin sulfotransferase Chst11/C4st1, regulates proliferation and neurogenesis of neural progenitor cellsShan Bian
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitätskrankenhaus Hamburg Eppendorf, Universitat Hamburg, Martinistr 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Cell Sci 124:4051-63. 2011..By contrast, deficiency in Chst11 did not influence NSC proliferation, migration or differentiation. These observations indicate for the first time that CSs and DSs play distinct roles in the self-renewal and differentiation of NSCs...
- Short DNA sequences inserted for gene targeting can accidentally interfere with off-target gene expressionIngo D Meier
Center for Molecular Neurobiology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
FASEB J 24:1714-24. 2010..Our results imply that conditional knockout mice should be analyzed for genomic positional side effects that may influence the animals' phenotypes...
- Osseous changes in meningioma en plaqueJakob Matschke
Institute of Pathology, University Medical Center, Hamburg Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Anticancer Res 31:591-6. 2011....
- A new role for the cell adhesion molecule L1 in neural precursor cell proliferation, differentiation, and transmitter-specific subtype generationMarcel Dihné
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, Universitat Hamburg, D 20251 Hamburg, Germany
J Neurosci 23:6638-50. 2003..Our observations support a new role for L1 or L1 ligands in neural precursor cell proliferation and differentiation...
- Hypophysectomy for prostate cancer: a revival of old knowledge?Jörg Flitsch
Pituitary Unit, Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Neuropathology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Neurosurg 109:760-4. 2008....
- Transient receptor potential melastatin subfamily member 2 cation channel regulates detrimental immune cell invasion in ischemic strokeMathias Gelderblom
From the Department of Neurology M Gelderblom, P A, C G, T M, Institute of Neuroimmunology and Multiple Sclerosis B S, F U, M A F, and Institute of Neuropathology C B, M Glatzel, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany Department of Neurology, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany N M, G H, S B, A M H, S G M and Department of Neurology, University Clinics Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany E G, C K
Stroke 45:3395-402. 2014..Our goal was to evaluate the contribution of TRPM2 to the tissue damage after stroke...
- Deficiency in serine protease inhibitor neuroserpin exacerbates ischemic brain injury by increased postischemic inflammationMathias Gelderblom
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e63118. 2013..Our results show excessive microglial activation in Ns(-/-) mice mediated by an increased activity of tPA. This activation results in a worse outcome further underscoring the potential detrimental proinflammatory effects of tPA...
- Adhesion molecule L1 is down-regulated in malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors versus benign neurofibromatosis type 1-associated tumorsMarco Blessmann
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 113:239-44. 2012..Future studies are warranted to elucidate the molecular basis of the varying effects of the degree of L1 expression, receptor, and signal transduction mechanisms in different tumors...
- Embryonic stem cell-derived L1 overexpressing neural aggregates enhance recovery after spinal cord injury in miceYi Fang Cui
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, Universitätskrankenhaus Hamburg Eppendorf, Universitat Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e17126. 2011....
- Evaluation of antiviral efficacy of ribavirin, arbidol, and T-705 (favipiravir) in a mouse model for Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic feverLisa Oestereich
Department of Virology, Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine, Hamburg, Germany German Centre for Infection Research DZIF, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 8:e2804. 2014..We aimed at characterizing the liver pathology in CCHF virus-infected IFNAR-/- mice by immunohistochemistry and employed the model to evaluate the antiviral efficacy of ribavirin, arbidol, and T-705 against CCHF virus...
- Deposition of hyperphosphorylated tau in cerebellum of PS1 E280A Alzheimer's diseaseDiego Sepulveda-Falla
Institute of Neuropathology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Brain Pathol 21:452-63. 2011..The presence of pTau in cerebellum in PS1-E280A underscores the relevance of cerebellar involvement in AD and might be correlated to clinical phenotype...
- Cell adhesion molecule l1-transfected embryonic stem cells with enhanced survival support regrowth of corticospinal tract axons in mice after spinal cord injuryJian Chen
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitat Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
J Neurotrauma 22:896-906. 2005..Their use could condition the inhibitory environment for homophilic L1-enhanced axon regrowth not only in spinal cord regeneration, but also in other lesion paradigms...
- Lack of a-disintegrin-and-metalloproteinase ADAM10 leads to intracellular accumulation and loss of shedding of the cellular prion protein in vivoHermann C Altmeppen
Institute of Neuropathology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Mol Neurodegener 6:36. 2011..abstract:..
- Tenascin-R promotes neuronal differentiation of embryonic stem cells and recruitment of host-derived neural precursor cells after excitotoxic lesion of the mouse striatumGunnar Hargus
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, Universitatskrankenhaus Eppendorf, Universitat Hamburg, Martinistr 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Stem Cells 26:1973-84. 2008..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article...
- Glycomimetic improves recovery after femoral injury in a non-human primateAndrey Irintchev
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitat Hamburg, Martinistrasse 52, Hamburg, Germany
J Neurotrauma 28:1295-306. 2011..These results indicate the potential of the HNK-1 mimetic as an efficient, feasible, and safe adjunct treatment for nerve injuries requiring surgical repair in clinical settings...
- Time of transplantation and cell preparation determine neural stem cell survival in a mouse model of Huntington's diseaseVerena Johann
Department of Neurology, University Hospital RWTH, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Exp Brain Res 177:458-70. 2007....
- Neural cell adhesion molecule L1-transfected embryonic stem cells promote functional recovery after excitotoxic lesion of the mouse striatumChristian Bernreuther
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, University of Hamburg, D 20251 Hamburg, Germany
J Neurosci 26:11532-9. 2006....
- Embryonic stem cell-derived neuronally committed precursor cells with reduced teratoma formation after transplantation into the lesioned adult mouse brainMarcel Dihné
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitat Hamburg, Germany
Stem Cells 24:1458-66. 2006..Purified SENAs that were differentiated into immature but postmitotic neurons did not form tumors up to four months after syngeneic transplantation into the acutely degenerated striatum and showed robust survival...
- Neuronal differentiation of transplanted embryonic stem cell-derived precursors in stroke lesions of adult ratsClaudia Bühnemann
Leibniz Institut für Neurobiologie IfN, Neuropharmakologie, Magdeburg, Germany e mail
Brain 129:3238-48. 2006..Thus, our observations show that ESC-based regenerative approaches may be successful in an acutely necrotic cellular environment...
- The LPS receptor, CD14, in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and multiple sclerosisSilke Walter
Department of Neurology, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 17:167-72. 2006..Thus, the key innate immune receptor, CD14, may be of pathophysiological relevance in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and multiple sclerosis...
- Proteome analysis of ventral midbrain in MPTP-treated normal and L1cam transgenic miceMadeleine Diedrich
Institute for Human Genetics, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Proteomics 8:1266-75. 2008..This pattern indicates a lasting severely impaired energy production in L1cam mice after MPTP treatment...
- A 61-year-old man with hyponatremiaChristian Bernreuther
Brain Pathol 18:283-7. 2008..However, rare entities like schwannomas, melanocytomas or pituicytomas have to be considered in addition to the more common tumors like pituitary adenomas and meningiomas...