Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Hamburg
- Expression of doublecortin in tumours of the central and peripheral nervous system and in human non-neuronal tissuesChristian Bernreuther
Institute of Neuropathology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246, Hamburg, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 111:247-54. 2006....
- Transplanted L1 expressing radial glia and astrocytes enhance recovery after spinal cord injuryJin Chong Xu
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
J Neurotrauma 28:1921-37. 2011....
- In vitro generation of three-dimensional substrate-adherent embryonic stem cell-derived neural aggregates for application in animal models of neurological disordersGunnar Hargus
Center for Molecular Neurobiology Hamburg, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Curr Protoc Stem Cell Biol . 2012....
- Dermatan sulfotransferase Chst14/D4st1, but not chondroitin sulfotransferase Chst11/C4st1, regulates proliferation and neurogenesis of neural progenitor cellsShan Bian
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitätskrankenhaus Hamburg Eppendorf, Universitat Hamburg, Martinistr 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Cell Sci 124:4051-63. 2011..By contrast, deficiency in Chst11 did not influence NSC proliferation, migration or differentiation. These observations indicate for the first time that CSs and DSs play distinct roles in the self-renewal and differentiation of NSCs...
- Short DNA sequences inserted for gene targeting can accidentally interfere with off-target gene expressionIngo D Meier
Center for Molecular Neurobiology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
FASEB J 24:1714-24. 2010..Our results imply that conditional knockout mice should be analyzed for genomic positional side effects that may influence the animals' phenotypes...
- Osseous changes in meningioma en plaqueJakob Matschke
Institute of Pathology, University Medical Center, Hamburg Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Anticancer Res 31:591-6. 2011....
- Hypophysectomy for prostate cancer: a revival of old knowledge?Jörg Flitsch
Pituitary Unit, Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Neuropathology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Neurosurg 109:760-4. 2008....
- A new role for the cell adhesion molecule L1 in neural precursor cell proliferation, differentiation, and transmitter-specific subtype generationMarcel Dihné
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, Universitat Hamburg, D 20251 Hamburg, Germany
J Neurosci 23:6638-50. 2003..Our observations support a new role for L1 or L1 ligands in neural precursor cell proliferation and differentiation...
- Embryonic stem cell-derived L1 overexpressing neural aggregates enhance recovery after spinal cord injury in miceYi Fang Cui
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, Universitätskrankenhaus Hamburg Eppendorf, Universitat Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e17126. 2011....
- Deposition of hyperphosphorylated tau in cerebellum of PS1 E280A Alzheimer's diseaseDiego Sepulveda-Falla
Institute of Neuropathology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Brain Pathol 21:452-63. 2011..The presence of pTau in cerebellum in PS1-E280A underscores the relevance of cerebellar involvement in AD and might be correlated to clinical phenotype...
- Cell adhesion molecule l1-transfected embryonic stem cells with enhanced survival support regrowth of corticospinal tract axons in mice after spinal cord injuryJian Chen
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitat Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
J Neurotrauma 22:896-906. 2005..Their use could condition the inhibitory environment for homophilic L1-enhanced axon regrowth not only in spinal cord regeneration, but also in other lesion paradigms...
- Lack of a-disintegrin-and-metalloproteinase ADAM10 leads to intracellular accumulation and loss of shedding of the cellular prion protein in vivoHermann C Altmeppen
Institute of Neuropathology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Mol Neurodegener 6:36. 2011..abstract:..
- Glycomimetic improves recovery after femoral injury in a non-human primateAndrey Irintchev
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitat Hamburg, Martinistrasse 52, Hamburg, Germany
J Neurotrauma 28:1295-306. 2011..These results indicate the potential of the HNK-1 mimetic as an efficient, feasible, and safe adjunct treatment for nerve injuries requiring surgical repair in clinical settings...
- Tenascin-R promotes neuronal differentiation of embryonic stem cells and recruitment of host-derived neural precursor cells after excitotoxic lesion of the mouse striatumGunnar Hargus
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, Universitatskrankenhaus Eppendorf, Universitat Hamburg, Martinistr 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Stem Cells 26:1973-84. 2008..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article...
- Time of transplantation and cell preparation determine neural stem cell survival in a mouse model of Huntington's diseaseVerena Johann
Department of Neurology, University Hospital RWTH, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Exp Brain Res 177:458-70. 2007....
- Neuronal differentiation of transplanted embryonic stem cell-derived precursors in stroke lesions of adult ratsClaudia Bühnemann
Leibniz Institut für Neurobiologie IfN, Neuropharmakologie, Magdeburg, Germany e mail
Brain 129:3238-48. 2006..Thus, our observations show that ESC-based regenerative approaches may be successful in an acutely necrotic cellular environment...
- Embryonic stem cell-derived neuronally committed precursor cells with reduced teratoma formation after transplantation into the lesioned adult mouse brainMarcel Dihné
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitat Hamburg, Germany
Stem Cells 24:1458-66. 2006..Purified SENAs that were differentiated into immature but postmitotic neurons did not form tumors up to four months after syngeneic transplantation into the acutely degenerated striatum and showed robust survival...
- Neural cell adhesion molecule L1-transfected embryonic stem cells promote functional recovery after excitotoxic lesion of the mouse striatumChristian Bernreuther
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, University of Hamburg, D 20251 Hamburg, Germany
J Neurosci 26:11532-9. 2006....
- The LPS receptor, CD14, in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and multiple sclerosisSilke Walter
Department of Neurology, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 17:167-72. 2006..Thus, the key innate immune receptor, CD14, may be of pathophysiological relevance in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and multiple sclerosis...
- A 61-year-old man with hyponatremiaChristian Bernreuther
Brain Pathol 18:283-7. 2008..However, rare entities like schwannomas, melanocytomas or pituicytomas have to be considered in addition to the more common tumors like pituitary adenomas and meningiomas...
- Proteome analysis of ventral midbrain in MPTP-treated normal and L1cam transgenic miceMadeleine Diedrich
Institute for Human Genetics, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Proteomics 8:1266-75. 2008..This pattern indicates a lasting severely impaired energy production in L1cam mice after MPTP treatment...