Affiliation: University of Freiburg
- [The concept of "evidence-based medicine" in psychiatry. A path to a more rational psychiatry?]M M Berner
Abteilung Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Klinikum der Albert Ludwigs Universität, Freiburg
Nervenarzt 71:173-80. 2000..We also examine the role of the individual clinician's viewpoint as well as the need of institutional re-engineering and the possible restructuring of the entire health care system towards evidence-based methods...
- [The treatment of major depression]Michael M Berner
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg
Pharm Unserer Zeit 33:304-10. 2004
- [Sexuality and health]Michael Berner
Universitätsklinikum Freiburg Abt Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie und Informationszentrum für Sexualität und Gesundheit e V
Krankenpfl J 42:118-9. 2004
- [Quality of guidelines for the treatment of alcohol related disorders -- a systematic review and content analysis]M M Berner
Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Abteilung für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie mit Poliklinik
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 72:696-704. 2004..We systematically reviewed and assessed the quality of available guidelines in the context of developing an evidence-based pathway of care for the treatment of those disorders in primary care...
- Efficacy of PDE-5-inhibitors for erectile dysfunction. A comparative meta-analysis of fixed-dose regimen randomized controlled trials administering the International Index of Erectile Function in broad-spectrum populationsM M Berner
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Int J Impot Res 18:229-35. 2006..There is evidence that sildenafil might be more efficacious than vardenafil, although this is to be interpreted with caution. To prove higher efficacy truly independent comparative trials are needed...
- [Diagnostic and treatment approaches to alcohol-related disorders]M M Berner
Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Abteilung für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 74:157-64. 2006..The aim of this study was to examine the diagnostic and treatment strategies employed by the general practitioners...
- DOVER and QUVER-new marker combinations to detect and monitor at-risk drinkingMichael M Berner
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Freiburg University Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:1372-80. 2006....
- [Diagnostic and treatment of alcohol-related disorders. Results of a representative survey in counseling centers]M M Berner
Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Abteilung für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie Arztlicher Direktor Prof Dr M Berger
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 75:91-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to examine the treatment structure and modalities of patients with alcohol related disorders in counseling centers for substance abusers based on the questioning of the counselors...
- Cluster-randomized controlled trial of dissemination strategies of an online quality improvement programme for alcohol-related disordersD Ruf
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Section of Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research, University Medical Centre Freiburg, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Alcohol Alcohol 45:70-8. 2010..This project investigated different dissemination strategies of an online quality improvement programme for alcohol-related disorders into routine care in South Baden and South Württemberg in Germany...
- The validity of the laboratory marker combinations DOVER and QUVER to detect physician's diagnosis of at-risk drinkingMichael Bentele
Freiburg University Hospital, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Freiburg, Germany
Addict Biol 12:85-92. 2007..6% and 73.3% for DOVER and QUVER, respectively. Our analysis demonstrated that the combination of the markers gamma-GT and %CDT with the physician's judgement of the condition as reference was superior to the use of single markers...
- The alcohol use disorders identification test for detecting at-risk drinking: a systematic review and meta-analysisMichael M Berner
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:461-73. 2007..The purpose of this study was to perform a systematic review of the diagnostic accuracy of the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) for detecting at-risk drinking...
- Detection and management of alcohol use disorders in German primary care influenced by non-clinical factorsMichael M Berner
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Center Freiburg, Hauptstr 5, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Alcohol Alcohol 42:308-16. 2007..The secondary objective was to identify patient and practitioner characteristics that predict detection and correct referral...
- [Management of sexual dysfunctions in the rehabilitation of cardiovascular diseases. Results of a staff survey]Cindy Günzler
Abteilung für Psychotherapie, Universitäts klinikum Freiburg, Freiburg
Herz 32:321-8. 2007..The medical staff also avoids to broach the issue of sexual problems even when they assume an ED. Reasons for an insufficient inquiry are often lack of time or knowledge as well as emotional inhibitions...
- Effects of written information material on help-seeking behavior in patients with erectile dysfunction: a longitudinal studyMichael M Berner
University Medical Center Freiburg Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Freiburg, Germany
J Sex Med 5:436-47. 2008..Neither men with erectile dysfunction (ED) nor their physicians are willing to discuss sexual problem sufficiently. Written information material could facilitate a dialogue and encourage men to seek treatment...
- A systematic review of research on strategies for the management of antipsychotic-induced sexual dysfunction: high-level evidence is neededMichael M Berner
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1649-50. 2006