Affiliation: University of Freiburg
- Carotid cavernous fistula: embolization via a bilateral superior ophthalmic vein approachAnsgar Berlis
Department of Neuroradiology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:1736-8. 2002....
- [Conservative and minimally invasive treatment modalities at the spine]Ansgar Berlis
Neurozentrum, Universitatsklinik Freiburg, Breisacher Str 64, 79106 Freiburg
Med Monatsschr Pharm 30:17-24. 2007..In detail, the article deals with facet and sacroiliac joint injections, sympathetic blocks, vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty, percutaneous disc treatment procedures, and endovascular embolization of highly vascularised tumours of the spine...
- Mechanical thrombolysis in acute ischemic stroke with endovascular photoacoustic recanalizationAnsgar Berlis
Department of Neuroradiology, University of Freiburg, Breisacherstr 64 D 79106, Freiburg, Germany
Stroke 35:1112-6. 2004..The objectives of mechanical thrombolysis are rapid vessel recanalization and minimal use of chemical thrombolysis...
- Selective involvement of the globus pallidus and dentate nucleus in succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase deficiencySargon Ziyeh
Section of Neuroradiology, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Freiburg, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Pediatr Radiol 32:598-600. 2002..The remaining basal ganglia and white matter were normal. This is the second report showing this particular pattern of pallidal-dentate nucleus involvement, which might be suggestive for SSADH deficiency...
- Imaging procedures after bone-anchored hearing aid implantationSusan Arndt
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Laryngoscope 117:1815-8. 2007
- Acute hemorrhagic leukoencephalitis (Hurst's disease) linked to Epstein-Barr virus infectionMarkus Hofer
Department of Neuropathology, Institute for Pathology, University Hospital Freiburg, Breisacherstr 64, 79106, Freiburg, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 109:226-30. 2005..Serological results, in situ hybridization and PCR analysis demonstrated an acute Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection of the central nervous system. To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of Hurst's disease linked to EBV...
- Surgical treatment of hemangioblastomas of the central nervous system in pediatric patientsVassilios I Vougioukas
Department of Neurosurgery, Neurocenter, Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Breisacherstrasse 64, 79106 Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 22:1149-53. 2006..This study aims to outline the neurosurgical treatment options and to address the ongoing debate of surgical timing in pediatric patients with VHL...
- Stent placement for intracranial cysts by combined stereotactic/endoscopic surgeryAnsgar Berlis
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Neurosurgery 59:ONS474-9; discussion ONS479-80. 2006..In some patients, the cysts tend to recur and repeated evacuations are necessary. The authors present a new treatment method with internal drainage of cysts into the ventricular system using a balloon-mounted vascular stent...
- Intrathecal gadolinium-enhanced MR myelography showing multiple dural leakages in a patient with Marfan syndromeNils Kraemer
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Freiburg, Breisacher Strasse 64, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 185:92-4. 2005
- Characterization of hemangioblastomas of spinal nervesSven Glasker
Department of Neurosurgery, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
Neurosurgery 56:503-9; discussion 503-9. 2005..Peripheral nervous system hemangioblastomas to date have been described only in a few case reports. Experience in treating patients with these rare lesions, which harbor diagnostic and therapeutic pitfalls, is limited...
- Amputation neuroma of the middle ear mimicking glomus tympanicum tumorMeike Schikschneit
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:843-4. 2007
- Outcome correlates with blood distribution in subarachnoid hemorrhage of unknown originMichal Woznica
Department of Neurosurgery, University Medical Center Freiburg, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 152:417-22. 2010..The objectives of this study were to classify the pattern of blood distribution on initial computed tomography (CT) and to correlate it with clinical outcome in aneurysmal (ASAH) and SAH of unknown origin (SAHuO)...
- Influence of different registration modalities on navigation accuracy in ear, nose, and throat surgery depending on the surgical fieldTanja D Grauvogel
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Albert Ludwigs University, Killianstrasse 5, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Laryngoscope 120:881-8. 2010..The present study compared the registration and navigation accuracy of three different registration modalities in anatomical locations of special interest for ear, nose, and throat surgery...
- The Penumbra System: a mechanical device for the treatment of acute stroke due to thromboembolismA Bose
Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:1409-13. 2008..The purpose of this study was to assess the safety and performance of the Penumbra System (PS): a novel mechanical device designed to reduce clot burden in acute stroke due to large-vessel occlusive disease...
- Spinal subarachnoid hemorrhage due to ruptured solitary aneurysm at thoracolumbar level with fatal outcomeRainer Surges
J Neurol 254:950-2. 2007
- Parameter fitting of digital models of pulsatile hemodynamics based on intravascular measurements in the rabbit aortaJens Frings-Naberschulte
Department of Computer Science I, University of Bonn, Germany
Neurol Res 24:687-96. 2002..Post-processing of such data sets may assist in future treatment planning and simulation of concomitant changes of intravascular pressure and flow...