Affiliation: University of Munich
- Neuromelanin, neurotransmitter status and brainstem location determine the differential vulnerability of catecholaminergic neurons to mitochondrial DNA deletionsMatthias Elstner
Department of Neurology with Friedrich Baur Institute, Ludwig Maximilians University, 81377 Munich, Germany
Mol Brain 4:43. 2011..abstract:..
- Dopaminergic midbrain neurons are the prime target for mitochondrial DNA deletionsAndreas Bender
Dept of Neurology, Mitochondrial Neurogenetics, University of Munich, Marchioninistr 15, 81377, Munich, Germany
J Neurol 255:1231-5. 2008..01; ANOVA). This data shows that there is a specific susceptibility of dopaminergic SN neurons to accumulate substantial amounts of mtDNA deletions, regardless of the underlying clinical phenotype...
- Severe symptomatic aseptic chemical meningitis following myelography: the role of procalcitoninAndreas Bender
Department of Neurology, University of Munich, Klinikum Grosshadern, Germany
Neurology 63:1311-3. 2004..As in viral meningitis, procalcitonin might be able to discriminate between bacterial and chemical causes of CNS inflammation...
- Severe tick borne encephalitis with simultaneous brain stem, bithalamic, and spinal cord involvement documented by MRIA Bender
Department of Neurology, University of Munich, Klinikum Grosshadern, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 76:135-7. 2005..They should therefore be identified early in order to be prepared for life threatening respiratory complications...
- Functional outcome after severe cerebral venous thrombosisAndreas Bender
Department of Neurology, University of Munich Klinikum Grosshadern, Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Neurol 254:465-70. 2007..This finding justifies extensive life-sustaining therapy as the prognosis even of severe cases may be good if the acute phase is survived...
- Long-term creatine supplementation is safe in aged patients with Parkinson diseaseAndreas Bender
Department of Neurology, University of Munich Klinikum Grosshadern, 81377 Munich, Germany
Nutr Res 28:172-8. 2008..The data in this trial provide a thorough analysis and give a detailed overview about the safety profile of Cr in older age patients...
- Creatine in mouse models of neurodegeneration and agingT Klopstock
Department of Neurology, Friedrich Baur Institute, University of Munich, Ziemssenstrasse 1, Munich, Germany
Amino Acids 40:1297-303. 2011..Large phase III trials over long time periods are currently being conducted for Parkinson's disease and Huntington's disease, and will possibly solve this issue...
- Protein analysis through Western blot of cells excised individually from human brain and muscle tissueA O Koob
Department of Neurology, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Marchinionistr 23, 81377 Munich, Germany
Anal Biochem 425:120-4. 2012..With this method, we demonstrate the ability to compare cell-specific protein levels in the brain and muscle and describe for the first time how to visualize proteins through Western blot from cells captured individually...
- Creatine improves health and survival of miceA Bender
Department of Neurology, University of Munich, Klinikum Grosshadern, Marchioninistr 15, Munich D 81377, Germany
Neurobiol Aging 29:1404-11. 2008..These data show that Cr improves health and longevity in mice. Cr may be a promising food supplement to promote healthy human aging...
- Creatine supplementation in Parkinson disease: a placebo-controlled randomized pilot trialA Bender
Department of Neurology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Germany
Neurology 67:1262-4. 2006..Cr improved patient mood and led to a smaller dose increase of dopaminergic therapy but had no effect on overall Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale scores or dopamine transporter SPECT...
- The crossed leg sign indicates a favorable outcome after severe strokeJ Remi
Department of Neurology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Neurology 77:1453-6. 2011..We investigated whether crossed legs are a prognostic marker in patients with severe stroke...
- Mitochondrial 12S rRNA susceptibility mutations in aminoglycoside-associated and idiopathic bilateral vestibulopathyM Elstner
Department of Neurology with Friedrich Baur Institute, Ludwig Maximilians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:379-83. 2008..Due to their predominant occurrence in patients without aminoglycoside exposure, their detection in controls and a weak evolutionary conservation, their pathogenic role in vestibulocochlear dysfunction remains provisional...
- Two severe cases of tick-borne encephalitis despite complete active vaccination--the significance of neutralizing antibodiesA Bender
J Neurol 251:353-4. 2004
- Diffuse cerebral angiomatosisS J Schreiber
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Charit, Berlin, Germany
Neurology 60:1216-8. 2003