Affiliation: University of Munich
- The bioexpandable prosthesis: a new perspective after resection of malignant bone tumors in childrenRainer Baumgart
Klinikum der Universität München Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik Innenstadt, Munich, Germany
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:452-5. 2005..New high-quality bone is growing and the proportion of prosthesis length compared with leg length develops in favor of the remaining bone...
- The management of leg-length discrepancy in Ollier's disease with a fully implantable lengthening nailR Baumgart
Surgical Department University of Munich, Nussbaumstrasse 20, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:1000-4. 2005..We then exchanged the femoral nail for a longer implant and achieved a further 6 cm of length. This reduced the shortening to 3.8 cm. When the boy has finished secondary school we will adjust the remaining discrepancy...
- Reduction of high dislocation of the hip using a distraction nail before arthroplastyR Baumgart
Department of Surgery, University of Munich, Nussbaumstrasse 20, D 80336 Munich, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:565-7. 2005..To our knowledge, this is the first time that reduction of a high dislocation of the hip has been performed using such a system...
- [Tractive force measurement in bone transport--an in vivo investigation in humans]R Baumgart
Klinikum der Universitat Munchen
Biomed Tech (Berl) 49:248-56. 2004..Transport systems employing a central cable allow this special form of distraction osteogenesis, since there is continuous force monitoring, and there is the option of employing the traction force as a control factor in a loop...
- [Central cable system--fully automatic, continuous distraction osteogenesis for the lengthening treatment of large bone defects]R Baumgart
Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik
Biomed Tech (Berl) 49:202-7. 2004..This article details the technical features of the stabilizing system and the transport and the control systems, and describes the clinical application in a patient...
- Influence of a mono-centric knee brace on the tension of the collateral ligaments in knee joints after sectioning of the anterior cruciate ligament--an in vitro studyS Hinterwimmer
Research Group for Kinematics and Biomechanics, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Frankfurt, Marienburgstr 2, 60528 Frankfurt, Germany
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 19:719-25. 2004..To analyze the influence of knee bracing on the tension of the medial and lateral collateral ligaments in anterior cruciate ligament deficiency...
- Strain measurement at the knee ligament insertion sitesS Hinterwimmer
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik der LMU München, Standort Innenstadt
Biomed Tech (Berl) 48:11-4. 2003..Unlike the original description of that method we could register a loading behaviour of the posterior cruciate ligament that is similar to those reported in the literature...
- Tension changes in the collateral ligaments of a cruciate ligament-deficient knee joint: an experimental biomechanical studyS Hinterwimmer
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik der LMU München, Standort Innenstadt, Nussbaumstrasse 20, 80336 Munich, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 122:454-8. 2002....
- [Measuring ligament elasticity of the knee joint--elasticity measuring strip and its alternatives]S Hinterwimmer
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, LMU Munchen
Biomed Tech (Berl) 47:130-5. 2002..The measured value is equated with the effective change in ligament length...
- Cartilage atrophy in the knees of patients after seven weeks of partial load bearingS Hinterwimmer
Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 50:2516-20. 2004..We used a post-ankle fracture model to explore whether changes in cartilage morphology occur in the knee under conditions of partial load bearing...