Affiliation: University of Ulm
- Subscapularis function and structural integrity after arthroscopic repair of isolated subscapularis tearsChristoph Bartl
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, Ulm University, Steinhovelstr 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Am J Sports Med 39:1255-62. 2011..Results of arthroscopic repair of isolated subscapularis tendon tears have not been widely studied. A detailed evaluation of subscapularis function with subscapularis strength quantification has not been performed to date...
- Treatment of bone marrow edema syndrome with intravenous ibandronateChristoph Bartl
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery, University of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 23, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 132:1781-8. 2012..In this pilot study, we investigated the therapeutic efficacy of intravenous Ibandronate compared to pain medication on the outcome of bone marrow edemas (BME) of the knee and talus...
- Open repair of isolated traumatic subscapularis tendon tearsChristoph Bartl
Department of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, ATOS Clinic, Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Sports Med 39:490-6. 2011..Diagnosis, operative treatment, and outcome assessment of isolated traumatic subscapularis tendon tears have not been widely studied...
- Arthroscopic capsulolabral revision repair for recurrent anterior shoulder instabilityChristoph Bartl
Department of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Technical University Munich, Munich, Germany
Am J Sports Med 39:511-8. 2011..Open capsulolabral repair is still considered the standard revision procedure for a failed anterior shoulder instability repair. To date, only a few studies have evaluated the outcome of arthroscopic revision instability repair...
- Combined tears of the subscapularis and supraspinatus tendon: clinical outcome, rotator cuff strength and structural integrity following open repairChristoph Bartl
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery, University of Ulm, Steinhoevelstr 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 132:41-50. 2012..The purpose of this study was to report the clinical outcome, rotator cuff strength and structural integrity of open repair of combined anterosuperior rotator cuff tears...
- Arthroscopic repair of anterior-inferior glenohumeral instability using a portal at the 5:30-o'clock position: analysis of the effects of age, fixation method, and concomitant shoulder injury on surgical outcomesAndreas B Imhoff
Department of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, TU Munich, Ismaninger Strasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Am J Sports Med 38:1795-803. 2010....
- Long-term outcome and structural integrity following open repair of massive rotator cuff tearsChristoph Bartl
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery, University of Ulm, Steinhoevelstr 9, Ulm 89075
Int J Shoulder Surg 6:1-8. 2012..Surgical repair of massive rotator cuff tears is associated with less favorable clinical results and a higher retear rate than repair of smaller tears, which is attributed to irreversible degenerative changes of the musculotendinous unit...
- Open reduction and internal fixation versus casting for highly comminuted and intra-articular fractures of the distal radius (ORCHID): protocol for a randomized clinical multi-center trialChristoph Bartl
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery, University of Ulm, Steinhoevelstr, 9, 89075 Ulm, Gemany
Trials 12:84. 2011..Given the lack of randomized controlled trials, it remains unclear whether ORIF leads to better functional outcomes one year after injury than closed reduction and casting...