Mitja D Back
Affiliation: University of Mainz
- Becoming friends by chanceMitja D Back
Department of Psychology, University of Leipzig, Seeburgstrasse 14-20, Leipzig, Germany
Psychol Sci 19:439-40. 2008
- Measuring task-switching ability in the Implicit Association TestMitja D Back
Department of Psychology, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
Exp Psychol 52:167-79. 2005..Using the D measures proposed by Greenwald, Nosek, and Banaji (2003), the amount of method-specific variance in the IAT-Anxiety could be reduced. Possible directions for future research are outlined...
- Predicting actual behavior from the explicit and implicit self-concept of personalityMitja D Back
Department of Psychology, Personality Psychology and Psychological Assessment, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Pers Soc Psychol 97:533-48. 2009..The authors were additionally able to show that controlling for valence did not affect any of these results. Implications and future prospects for the study of personality and actual behavior are discussed...
- Why are narcissists so charming at first sight? Decoding the narcissism-popularity link at zero acquaintanceMitja D Back
Department of Psychology, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, 55099 Mainz Germany
J Pers Soc Psychol 98:132-45. 2010..These findings have important implications for understanding the inter- and intrapersonal dynamics of narcissism...
- Knowing your own mate value: sex-specific personality effects on the accuracy of expected mate choicesMitja D Back
Department of Psychology, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz 55099, Germany
Psychol Sci 22:984-9. 2011..These results have important implications for understanding mating behavior and perhaps the origin of sex differences in personality...
- TripleR: an R package for social relations analyses based on round-robin designsFelix D Schönbrodt
Department of Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Leopoldstr 13, 80802, Munich, Germany
Behav Res Methods 44:455-70. 2012..The package requires only minimal knowledge of R, and results can be exported for subsequent analyses to other software packages. We demonstrate the use of TripleR with several didactic examples...
- An integrative lens model approach to bias and accuracy in human inferences: hindsight effects and knowledge updating in personality judgmentsSteffen Nestler
Department of Psychology, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
J Pers Soc Psychol 103:689-717. 2012..Implications of these results for models explaining hindsight effects, the inference of personality judgments, and the accuracy of these inferences are discussed...