Affiliation: University of Kiel
- [Mementos of the Berlin-Jewish ophthalmologist Oskar Fehr (1871-1959)]M Amm
Klinik für Ophthalmologie der Christian Albrechts Universität, Kiel, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Wien Klin Wochenschr 111:488-91. 1999..Disregarding political adversities and ignoring personal losses and hardships he dedicated his life to the service of human health...
- Might and magic, lust and language--the eye as a metaphor in literature. Notes on the hierarchy of the sensesM Amm
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Kiel, Germany
Doc Ophthalmol 101:223-32. 2000..In the following a few references to the international non-medical literature may explain and illustrate the functions of the eye as a metaphor for the mind and describe the past and the prospects of visual perception...
- [Implantation of toric intraocular lenses for correction of high post-keratoplasty astigmatism]M Amm
Klinik für Ophthalmologie, Christian Albrechts Universitat zu Kiel, Hegewischstrasse 2, 24105 Kiel
Ophthalmologe 99:464-9. 2002..High postkeratoplasty astigmatism remains a challenge for the surgeon. First experiences after implantation of a toric PMMA IOL in three eyes from patients with cataracts are reported...
- [Gore-tex(r) patch in immunologically conditioned corneal ulcer]Marita Amm
Klinik für Ophthalmologie der Christian Albrechts Universität Kiel, Germany
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 219:735-9. 2002..Adequate systemic treatment as well as the surgical intervention with an allogeneic corneal graft needs time. In case of emergency a gore-tex(R) patch is an alternative option...
- [Transpalpebral tonometry with a digital tonometer in healthy eyes and after penetrating keratoplasty]M Amm
Klinik für Ophthalmologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel
Ophthalmologe 102:70-6. 2005..This pilot study presents tonometry data of normal and postkeratoplasty eyes measured transpalpebrally with a digital tonometer in comparison to Goldmann tonometry...
- [SILK--Steroid-induced lamellar keratopathy. A case report]M Amm
Augenklinik, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel
Ophthalmologe 101:836-40. 2004..Corneal interface infiltration, however, remained unchanged. Only the complete stop of the local corticosteroids induced a rapid regression and corneal transparency returned. IOP was normalized down to 10 mmHg without additional therapy...
- Persisting diplopia after bilateral laser in situ keratomileusisD Holland
University Eye Hospital, Kiel, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 26:1555-7. 2000..Treatment of this complication by ocular-muscle surgery was not possible because of missing fusion. We suggest that, especially in cases with anisometropia, a complete examination of binocularity be performed before refractive surgery...
- [Prognosis of corneal transplantation after penetrating eye injury]Y Suleiman
Klinik für Ophthalmologie, Univ Klinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 221:658-73. 2004..However, comparable investigations are rare. Therefore, we have retrospectively analyzed the results and complication rates of PKPs in patients who experienced penetrating eye injuries...