Affiliation: University Hospital
- Intraoperative use of enriched collagen and elastin matrices with freshly isolated adipose-derived stem/stromal cells: a potential clinical approach for soft tissue reconstructionZiyad Alharbi
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery Burn Center, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr, 30, Aachen D 52074, Germany
BMC Surg 14:10. 2014..However, it remains unclear whether freshly isolated and uncultured ASCs could be directly transferred to matrices during a single transplantation operation without additional cell culture steps...
- Treatment of burns in the first 24 hours: simple and practical guide by answering 10 questions in a step-by-step formZiyad Alharbi
Department of Plastic and Hand Surgery, Burn Centre Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Pauwelsstr 30, Aachen, 52074, Germany
World J Emerg Surg 7:13. 2012..Understanding and answering the 10 questions will not only cover the management process of Burns during the first 24 hours but also seems to be an interactive clear guide for education purpose...
- A review of wide surgical excision of hidradenitis suppurativaZiyad Alharbi
Department of Plastic and Hand Surgery, Burn Unit, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
BMC Dermatol 12:9. 2012..Furthermore, review of the literature regarding surgical treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa is provided...
- Calciphylaxis - a challenging & solvable task for plastic surgery? A case reportSavas Tsolakidis
Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery, Burn Center, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
BMC Dermatol 13:1. 2013..We herein present, in this case report, a multidisciplinary approach involving plastic surgeons with special regards to reconstructive approach after debridement procedures...
- Conventional vs. micro-fat harvesting: how fat harvesting technique affects tissue-engineering approaches using adipose tissue-derived stem/stromal cellsZiyad Alharbi
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery Burn Center, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 66:1271-8. 2013..There is a lack of data as to whether fat-harvesting procedures using different cannulas of small diameter will impact these parameters, which are relevant not only for tissue engineering but also for clinical outcome...
- Abdominal aorta as a recipient artery: Using a free latissimus dorsi myocutaneous flap to close hip and pelvic defectsGerrit Grieb
Department of Plastic and Hand Surgery, Burn Center Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Aachen, Germany Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Aachen, Germany Electronic address
Int J Surg Case Rep 4:23-5. 2013..The choice of FTT depends on the size of defect, nature of tissue, length of pedicle and donor site morbidity. Notwithstanding, FTT is complex and always depending on a sufficient recipient vessel...