Affiliation: University of Hamburg
- Religiosity, magical ideation, and paranormal beliefs in anxiety disorders and obsessive-compulsive disorder: a cross-sectional studyAgorastos Agorastos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
J Nerv Ment Dis 200:876-84. 2012..This study underlines an important role of negative religious coping in ADs yet does not clearly indicate a specific causality. Religious-sensitive treatment targeting cognitive aspects of negative religious coping are discussed...
- Anxiety disorders through a transcultural perspective: implications for migrantsAgorastos Agorastos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Psychopathology 45:67-77. 2012..It focuses particularly on migrant-specific aetiopathogenetic factors and approaches prevalence and important cultural aspects of anxiety disorders in migrants as a narrative empirical review...
- Psychosis-induced vitamin D deficiency with secondary hyperparathyroidism and osteoporotic fracturesAgorastos Agorastos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Centre of Psychosocial Medicine, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinir Str 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 33:641.e3-5. 2011..Similar clinical cases could be more often, but significantly underdiagnosed, among schizophrenia patients. An appropriate prevention by UV light exposure, food fortification and supplements is normally sufficient for patients at risk...
- The role of melatonin in glaucoma: implications concerning pathophysiological relevance and therapeutic potentialAgorastos Agorastos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Centre for Psychosocial Medicine, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Pineal Res 50:1-7. 2011..Furthermore, glaucoma might be a useful model for studying the pathophysiological interactions between the melatonergic, circadian, and mood systems...
- Immediate and early behavioral interventions for the prevention of acute and posttraumatic stress disorderAgorastos Agorastos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Curr Opin Psychiatry 24:526-32. 2011..This article aims to review the current evidence regarding immediate (within hours) and early (within days and weeks) psychological and behavioral interventions to prevent posttraumatic stress symptoms...
- Sex differences of salivary cortisol secretion in patients with major depressionKim Hinkelmann
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf Hamburg, Germany
Stress 15:105-9. 2012..Study characteristics and methods as well as sex-specific confounding variables such as menstrual cycle, menopause and the use of oral contraceptives may account for inconclusive results across studies...
- Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale - Excited Component (BPRS-EC) and neuropsychological dysfunction predict aggression, suicidality, and involuntary treatment in first-episode psychosisChristian G Huber
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Centre for Psychosocial Medicine, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Schizophr Res 134:273-8. 2012..Although there are studies on prevalence and clinical predictors of these conditions, little is known on the influence of psychopathology and neuropsychological dysfunction...