Affiliation: University of Cologne
- [Comparison of rehabilitation between in-hospital geriatric departments and geriatric out-of-hospital rehabilitation facilities : Analysis of routine data using the example of femur fractures]S Abbas
PMV forschungsgruppe an der Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Universitat zu Koln, Herderstr 52 54, 50931, Koln, Deutschland
Z Gerontol Geriatr 48:41-8. 2015..e. care in geriatric hospital departments (§109 SGB V) and care in geriatric out-of-hospital rehabilitation facilities (§111 SGB V)...
- Risk of bleeding and antibiotic use in patients receiving continuous phenprocoumon therapy. A case-control study nested in a large insurance- and population-based German cohortSascha Abbas
Sascha Abbas, PMV Research Group, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Cologne, Herderstr 52, 50931 Koln, Germany, Tel 49 221 478 87613, Fax 49 221 478 6766, E mail
Thromb Haemost 111:912-22. 2014..Close monitoring of international normalised ratio levels after prescription is recommended...
- Dietary intake of vitamin D and calcium and breast cancer risk in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and NutritionSascha Abbas
German Cancer Research Center, Division of Cancer Epidemiology, Heidelberg, Germany
Nutr Cancer 65:178-87. 2013..57 and 0.22 in pre- and postmenopausal women, respectively). In this large prospective cohort, we found no evidence for an association between dietary vitamin D or calcium intake and breast cancer risk...
- Estimation of disease incidence in claims data dependent on the length of follow-up: a methodological approachSascha Abbas
PMV Research Group at the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Cologne, Herderstr 52, 50931 Cologne, Germany
Health Serv Res 47:746-55. 2012..To analyze the impact of the length of disease-free intervals on incidence estimation...
- Prevalence and incidence of diagnosed endometriosis and risk of endometriosis in patients with endometriosis-related symptoms: findings from a statutory health insurance-based cohort in GermanySascha Abbas
PMV Research Group at Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Cologne, Herderstr 52, 50931 Cologne, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 160:79-83. 2012..The objectives were: (a) to determine the administrative prevalence and incidence of endometriosis and (b) to assess the risk of endometriosis associated with endometriosis-related symptoms...
- Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and postmenopausal breast cancer survival: a prospective patient cohort studyAlina Vrieling
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 581, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res 13:R74. 2011..Therefore, the aim of our study was to assess the effect of post-diagnostic serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] concentrations on overall survival and distant disease-free survival...
- [Differences in antibiotic prescribing between general practitioners and pediatricians in Hesse, Germany]S Abbas
PMV forschungsgruppe, Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Universitat zu Koln, Koln, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 135:1792-7. 2010..Differences in prescription rates between physician groups have only rarely been examined. We compared the prescription of antibiotics for systemic use in children between pediatricians and general practitioners (GPs)...
- [Rehabilitation in geriatric patients after ischemic stroke--a comparison of 2 organisational systems in Germany using claims data of a statutory health insurance fund]S Abbas
PMV forschungsgruppe an der Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Universitat zu Koln
Rehabilitation (Stuttg) 52:375-82. 2013..e., excess costs, rehospitalization, fracture risk and mortality) using a common geriatric indication, the ischemic stroke, as an example...
- Polymorphism Thr160Thr in SRD5A1, involved in the progesterone metabolism, modifies postmenopausal breast cancer risk associated with menopausal hormone therapyR Hein
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:653-61. 2012..Postmenopausal breast cancer risk associated with combined therapy may be modified by genetic variation in SRD5A1. Further well-powered studies are, however, required to replicate our finding...