Genomes and Genes
University of Bonn
Organization: University of Bonn
- Molecular pathology in forensic medicine--IntroductionBurkhard Madea
Institute of Forensic Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Forensic Sci Int 203:3-14. 2010....
- Power comparison of generalizations of the mean test for affected sib pairs in case of incompletely informative markersMichael Knapp
Institute for Medical Biometry, Informatics and Epidemiology, University of Bonn, Germany
Genet Epidemiol 30:314-9. 2006..Most importantly, the new test is less powerful than its competitors, especially in case of low marker informativity it was designed for...
- [Non-ionic iodinated dimeric versus monomeric X-ray contrast media: effects on complement factors in vivo]I Böhm
Radiologische Universitatsklinik, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat
Rofo 178:306-12. 2006..To survey contrast media (CM)-induced alterations of complement factors...
- Temporal analysis of moving DC electric fields in aquatic mediaMichael H Hofmann
Institute of Zoology, University of Bonn, Poppelsdorfer Schloss, 53115 Bonn, Germany
Phys Biol 2:23-8. 2005....
- AgCl precipitates in isolated cuticular membranes reduce rates of cuticular transpirationLukas Schreiber
Institute of Cellular and Molecular Botany IZMB, University of Bonn, Kirschallee 1, 53115 Bonn, Germany
Planta 223:283-90. 2006....
- [Accidental urban hypothermia. Severe hypothermia of 20.7 degrees C]J C Schewe
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Bonn
Anaesthesist 54:1005-11. 2005....
- Platelet activation markers in patients with heart assist deviceOliver Dewald
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Artif Organs 29:292-9. 2005..Future studies in larger patient populations are necessary to identify new and specific markers of platelet activation in this clinical setting...
- Results after replantation of avulsed permanent teeth. II. Periodontal healing and the role of physiologic storage and antiresorptive-regenerative therapyYango Pohl
Department of Oral Surgery, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Dent Traumatol 21:93-101. 2005..Extraoral endodontic treatment reduces infection-related complications; this item was discussed in the first part of the publication...
- Loss of keratin 10 is accompanied by increased sebocyte proliferation and differentiationJulia Reichelt
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Universitat Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 83:747-59. 2004....
- Arrested germ cell divisions in the ageing human testisA Miething
Institute of Anatomy, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Andrologia 37:10-6. 2005..The presence of arrested germ cell divisions in ageing men might be connected with local dysfunctions of the Sertoli cell barrier, which are known to appear focally in the ageing human seminiferous epithelium as well...
- Intramers and aptamers: applications in protein-function analyses and potential for drug screeningMichael Famulok
, , Gerhard-Domagk-Strasse 1, 53121 Bonn, Germany
Chembiochem 6:19-26. 2005
- Development of mental health dysfunction in childhood epilepsyMeinolf Noeker
Department of Pediatrics, University of Bonn, Adenauerallee 119, D 53113, Bonn, Germany
Brain Dev 27:5-16. 2005..On the scientific level, it provides an appropriate tool to approach childhood epilepsy in general, whereas on the clinical level, it facilitates the assessment and management of individual patients...
- Diagnostic accuracy of atypical p-ANCA in autoimmune hepatitis using ROC- and multivariate regression analysisB Terjung
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Eur J Med Res 9:439-48. 2004..Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (atypical p-ANCA) are detected at high prevalence in sera from patients with autoimmune hepatitis (AIH), but their diagnostic relevance for AIH has not been systematically evaluated so far...
- Significant influence of scaler tip design on root substance loss resulting from ultrasonic scaling: a laserprofilometric in vitro studySøren Jepsen
Department of Periodontology, Operative and Preventive Dentistry, University of Bonn, Germany
J Clin Periodontol 31:1003-6. 2004..The aim of the present study was to investigate the influence of different working tip designs (narrow versus wide) on root substance loss caused by either magnetostrictive or piezoelectric ultrasonic devices...
- Long-term follow-up of patients with frontalis sling operation in the treatment of essential blepharospasm unresponsive to botulinum toxin therapyBettina Wabbels
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Bonn, Klinikum, Abbestrasse 2, 53127 Bonn, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:45-50. 2007..This led to the idea of performing frontalis suspension, normally used for certain types of ptosis. We set out to evaluate the long-term results, complication rates and patient acceptance of this intervention...
- [Control of infection in gastrointestinal endoscopy]E Biecker
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, , Bonn
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:2726-32. 2006
- [Orbital aneurysmal bone cyst in a 2-year-old child]A Glien
Klinik und Poliklinik für Hals Nasen Ohrenheilkunde Chirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Bonn
HNO 55:281-6. 2007..It is not possible to confirm diagnosis from clinical or radiological data. Early biopsy is essential for a reliable diagnosis even if histological assessment is challenging...
- Prenatal diagnosis of tricuspid atresia: intrauterine course and outcomeC Berg
Department of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 35:183-90. 2010..To evaluate the intrauterine course and outcome of tricuspid atresia detected in the fetus...
- A novel microdeletion syndrome involving 5q14.3-q15: clinical and molecular cytogenetic characterization of three patientsHartmut Engels
Institute of Human Genetics, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms University, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 17:1592-9. 2009..3 microdeletion syndrome...
- Three new spongian diterpenes from the Fijian marine sponge Spongia spHarald Gross
Institute for Pharmaceutical Biology, University ofBonn, 53115 Bonn, Germany
Nat Prod Commun 4:315-22. 2009..Despite their labile nature the structures could be established through a combined strategy including complete analysis of spectroscopic data (NMR, MS), molecular modeling and quantum-mechanical calculations...
- [Medical treatment of epilepsy: hidden dimensions]J Bauer
Klinik für Epileptologie, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Nervenarzt 80:386-98. 2009..Of all patients with epilepsy, 30-50% suffer from depression, but about 50% of these are not willing to start antidepressant drug therapy...
- Complex climate controls on 20th century oak growth in Central-West GermanyDagmar A Friedrichs
Department of Geography, University of Bonn, Meckenheimer Allee 166, 53115 Bonn, Germany
Tree Physiol 29:39-51. 2009..Our results indicate uncertainty in estimates of future growth trends of Central European oak forests in a warming and drying world...
- 2-Amino- and 2-alkylthio-4H-3,1-benzothiazin-4-ones: synthesis, interconversion and enzyme inhibitory activitiesHans Georg Häcker
Pharmaceutical Institute, Pharmaceutical Chemistry I, University of Bonn, An der Immenburg 4, D 53121 Bonn, Germany
Molecules 14:378-402. 2009..Twelve benzothiazinones were evaluated as inhibitors against a panel of eight proteases and esterases to identify one selective inhibitor of human cathepsin L, 2b, and one selective inhibitor of human leukocyte elastase, 5i...
- Genetic association analysis with FAMHAP: a major program updateChristine Herold
Institute for Medical Biometry, Informatics and Epidemiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Bioinformatics 25:134-6. 2009..As an example, we describe application to HapMap data. AVAILABILITY: The software is available at http://famhap.meb.uni-bonn.de..
- Multidrug resistance protein-1 affects oxidative stress, endothelial dysfunction, and atherogenesis via leukotriene C4 exportCornelius F H Mueller
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Circulation 117:2912-8. 2008..To test this hypothesis, we investigated the effects of MRP1 inhibition and LTC(4) receptor blockade (Cys-LT1 receptor) in vitro and in vivo...
- Temporal lobe epilepsy surgery and the quest for optimal extent of resection: a reviewJohannes Schramm
Department of Neurosurgery, Bonn University Medical Center, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Epilepsia 49:1296-307. 2008..SAH appears to have similar seizure outcome and a better cognitive outcome than TLR. It remains unclear whether a larger mesial resection extent leads to better seizure outcome...
- Oral valganciclovir for symptomatic congenital cytomegalovirus infection in an extremely low birth weight infantA Muller
Department of Neonatology, Children s Hospital, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Perinatol 28:74-6. 2008....
- Global diversity of island floras from a macroecological perspectiveHolger Kreft
Nees Institute for Biodiversity of Plants, University of Bonn, Meckenheimer Allee 170, D 53115 Bonn, Germany
Ecol Lett 11:116-27. 2008..Elevation and island geology show relatively weak yet significant effects. Together these variables account for 85% of the global variation in species richness...
- Pre-operative staging of breast cancer with breast MRI: one step forward, two steps back?C Kuhl
Department of Radiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Breast 16:S34-44. 2007..Using the same guidelines to manage MR-detected multicentric cancer foci may be inappropriate because some small MRI detected additional multicentric breast cancer foci will be sufficiently treated by radiation therapy...
- MRI for diagnosis of pure ductal carcinoma in situ: a prospective observational studyChristiane K Kuhl
Department of Radiology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Lancet 370:485-92. 2007..Our aim was to investigate the sensitivity with which ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) is diagnosed by mammography and by breast MRI...
- [Design and testing of a novel measuring system for use in dental biomechanics--principles and examples of measurements with the hexapod measuring system]L Keilig
Abteilung für Zahnärztliche Propädeutik Experimentelle Zahnheilkunde der Rheinischen Friedrich Wilhelms Universität Bonn
Biomed Tech (Berl) 49:208-15. 2004..Using the setup, the deflection behaviour of these devices under high and low loading was measured at a resolution of approximately one micrometer or one angular second...
- Molecular biology. RNAs turn on in tandemMichael Famulok
, D-53121 Bonn, Germany
Science 306:233-4. 2004
- Functional screening of G protein-coupled receptors by measuring intracellular calcium with a fluorescence microplate readerMatthias U Kassack
Pharmaceutical Institute, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Biomol Screen 7:233-46. 2002....
- Nerve fibers in tumors of the human urinary bladderPeter Seifert
Alfried Krupp Laboratory for Electron Microscopy, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Virchows Arch 440:291-7. 2002..Thus, a morphological basis for neuronal influence on the behavior of such tumors has been demonstrated...
- Gene therapy of hemophiliaR Schwaab
Institute for Experimental Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, University Clinics, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Semin Thromb Hemost 27:417-24. 2001..Encouraged by the results of preliminary experiments using preponderant mouse and canine models, three clinical phase I studies on hemophilia A and B patients have been initiated, one of which has been preliminarily reported successful...
- Gravistimulated asymmetries in the outer epidermal cell walls of graviresponding coleoptilesH G Edelmann
Botanisches Institut, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Germany
Planta 203:S123-9. 1997..In addition, recent results obtained by the author in experiments with rye coleoptiles will be presented and discussed in the context of a tentative model of gravistimulated wall asymmetries temporarily causing differential growth...
- Tissue expansion using osmotically active hydrogel systems for direct closure of the donor defect of the radial forearm flapS J Berge
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Friedrich Wilhelm University, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Plast Reconstr Surg 108:1-5, discussion 6-7. 2001..By using osmotically active hydrogel tissue expanders, there is no postoperative filling and no risk of complications arising from defective balloon expanders, filling valves, or missing ports...
- Mitochondrial gene fragments suggest paraphyly of the genus Panorpa (Mecoptera, Panorpidae)B Misof
Institute for Evolutionary Biology and Ecology, An der Immenburg 1, Bonn, D 53121, Germany
Mol Phylogenet Evol 17:76-84. 2000..We conclude that the sequenced mitochondrial gene fragments appear to be well suited for future more comprehensive phylogenetic investigations of panorpid scorpionflies...
- Early intracellular signalling pathway of ethanol in vascular smooth muscle cellsA Sachinidis
Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik, Wilhelmstr 35 37, 53111 Bonn, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 128:1761-71. 1999..4. We may postulate that the activation of these mitogenic signals including the elevation of DNA synthesis reflects a cell effort to protect itself against the toxic effects of ethanol...
- Alpha-1-antichymotrypsin gene polymorphism and risk for sporadic Alzheimer's disease in a German populationS G Schwab
Department of Psychiatry, University of Bonn, Germany
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 10:469-72. 1999..When we analyzed the polymorphism in APOE epsilon4 carriers, no overrepresentation in our AD group could be shown for the ACT*AA genotype carriers. Copyrightz1999S.KargerAG,Basel..
- Calycopterones and calyflorenones, novel biflavonoids from Calycopteris floribundaR Mayer
Pharmazeutisches Institut, Universitat Bonn, Kreuzbergweg 26, D 53115 Bonn, Germany
J Nat Prod 62:1274-8. 1999..Cytotoxicity test results of 1 and 2 are reported. The monoflavonoid penduletin was isolated as a minor component from C. floribunda for the first time...
- Gene defects in idiopathic epilepsyO K Steinlein
Institute of Human Genetics, Bonn, Germany
Rev Neurol (Paris) 155:450-3. 1999..The genetic basis of two monogenic epilepsies have recently been identified: autosomal dominant nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy and benign familial neonatal convulsions...
- Comparative pharmacodynamic modeling of the electroencephalography-slowing effect of isoflurane, sevoflurane, and desfluraneB Rehberg
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anaesthesiologie und spezielle Intensivmedizin, University of Bonn, Germany
Anesthesiology 91:397-405. 1999....
- Simulation of orthodontic tooth movements. A comparison of numerical modelsC Bourauel
Poliklinik für Kieferorthopädie, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 60:136-51. 1999..The results show that the first model allows reliable simulation of orthodontic tooth movements, whereas the second is to be rejected...
- Distribution and dynamics of the cytoskeleton in graviresponding protonemata and rhizoids of characean algae: exclusion of microtubules and a convergence of actin filaments in the apex suggest an actin-mediated gravitropismM Braun
Botanisches Institut, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Planta 205:39-50. 1998....
- SNP detection and linkage mapping of the porcine ferritin heavy-chain geneS Ponsuksili
Institute of Animal Breeding Science, University of Bonn, Germany
Anim Genet 33:325-6. 2002
- [Intracellular signal transduction of angiotensin II and possible interventions in the renin-angiotensin system]U Schmitz
Medizinische Poliklinik, , Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:2400-3. 2002
- Bispectral index (BIS) and burst suppression: revealing a part of the BIS algorithmJ Bruhn
Department of Anesthesiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
J Clin Monit Comput 16:593-6. 2000..The exact algorithm used to synthetize the information to the BIS value is unpublished and still unknown. This study provides insight into the integration of the suppression ratio into the BIS algorithm...
- Ninetis russellsmithi n. sp., an unusual new pholcid spider species from Malawi (Araneae: Pholcidae)Bernhard A Huber
Zoological Research Institute and Museum Alexander Koenig, Adenauerallee 160, 53113 Bonn, Germany
J Insect Sci 2:4. 2002..Biogeographically this species marks the first record for the genus in a 3000 km gap between its African congeners in Namibia and Tanzania...
- The mitochondrial DNA of land plants: peculiarities in phylogenetic perspectiveVolker Knoop
IZMB Institut für Zelluläre und Molekulare Botanik, Universitat Bonn, Kirschallee 1, Bonn, Germany
Curr Genet 46:123-39. 2004..This review attempts to summarize the unique aspects of land plant mitochondrial evolution from a phylogenetic perspective...
- [Development of a database system for multicentric ENT tumor documentation]S Langenberg
Klinik und Poliklinik für Hals Nasen Ohrenheilkunde Chirurgie der Universität Bonn
Laryngorhinootologie 83:433-7. 2004..Multicentric clinical studies have a great impact on progress in diagnostics and therapy in oncology. However, multicentric retrospective clinical trials require a common documentation standard...
- Genes and mutations in human idiopathic epilepsyOrtrud K Steinlein
Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital Bonn, Wilhelmstrasse 31, 53111 Bonn, Germany
Brain Dev 26:213-8. 2004..It can therefore be suspected that more than one pathogenetic concept exists in epileptogenesis...
- The diagnostic utility of human papillomavirus-testing in combination with immunohistochemistry in advanced gynaecologic pelvic tumours: a new diagnostic approachTjoung Won Park
Departmetn of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Bonn, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Int J Oncol 24:829-36. 2004..The proposed diagnostic approach is helpful in the identification and management of pelvic tumours of unknown primary origin...
- Fluid intake and epidemiology of urolithiasisR Siener
Division of Experimental Urology, Department of Urology, University of Bonn, Germany
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:S47-51. 2003..The type of fluids should be carefully selected to achieve the appropriate change of urine composition depending on stone composition. A sufficient intake of fluid is one of the most important preventive measures for stone recurrence...
- Sticky proteins for stem cellsThomas Kolter
, , Gerhard-Domagk Strasse 1, 53121 Bonn, Germany
Chembiochem 4:1303-5. 2003
- Acute haemodynamic effects of losartan in anaesthetized cirrhotic ratsJ Heller
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 33:1006-12. 2003..The angiotensin II type 1 receptor antagonist losartan has been suggested as a portal pressure-lowering drug in patients with cirrhosis...
- How to model a complex trait. 1. General considerations and suggestionsKonstantin Strauch
Institute for Medical Biometry, Informatics, and Epidemiology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Hum Hered 55:202-10. 2003..Our considerations and suggestions aim at guiding researchers to genotyping individuals at a trait locus as accurately as possible...
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumoniaS Tasci
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Bonn, Germany
Lancet 362:124. 2003
- Xenin plasma concentrations during modified sham feeding and during meals of different composition demonstrated by radioimmunoassay and chromatographyGerhard E Feurle
DRK Krankenhaus Neuwied, Markstr 104, 56564 Neuwied, Germany
Regul Pept 111:153-9. 2003..CONCLUSION: Cephalic factors, investigated by modified sham feeding, stimulate release of xenin into the circulation. Xenin may participate in the central nervous regulation of gastrointestinal function...
- Subjective intensity of pain during the treatment of periodontal lesions with the Vector-systemAndreas Braun
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Bonn, Germany
J Periodontal Res 38:135-40. 2003..Using cleaning methods that cause less discomfort and pain, it might be possible to increase the patient's compliance during non-surgical periodontal therapy and recall...
- Tolerability of tiagabine: a prospective open-label studyJurgen Bauer
Department of Epileptology, University of Bonn, Germany
Epileptic Disord 4:257-60. 2002..Median total seizure frequency decreased from 4.5 to 2.0 seizures/4 weeks. Adverse events occurred in 78 patients (13.6%). Tiagabine proved to be a well-tolerated AED...
- An insertion mutation of the CHRNA4 gene in a family with autosomal dominant nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsyO K Steinlein
Institute for Human Genetics, University of Bonn, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 6:943-7. 1997..Comparison of the two mutations identified so far in families with ADNFLE illustrates that different mutations can result in similar phenotypes...