Affiliation: UFZ Centre for Environmental Research
- Spatial genetic structure in a metapopulation of the land snail Cepaea nemoralis (Gastropoda: Helicidae)O Schweiger
UFZ Centre for Environmental Research Leipzig Halle, Department of Community Ecology, Theodor Lieser Strasse 4, D 06120, Halle, Germany
Mol Ecol 13:3645-55. 2004..They were shaped by gene flow which was affected by landscape features, the dispersal function and an increasing role of genetic drift with distance...
- Multiple stressors on biotic interactions: how climate change and alien species interact to affect pollinationOliver Schweiger
UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Department of Community Ecology, Theodor Lieser Strasse 4, 06120 Halle, Germany
Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc 85:777-95. 2010..Since potential positive effects are often restricted to generalist interactions among species, climate change and alien species in combination can result in significant threats to more specialist interactions involving native species...
- Climate change can cause spatial mismatch of trophically interacting speciesOliver Schweiger
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Department of Community Ecology, Theodor Lieser Str 4, D 06210 Halle, Germany
Ecology 89:3472-9. 2008....
- A comparative test of phylogenetic diversity indicesOliver Schweiger
Department of Community Ecology, UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Theodor Lieser Street 4, 06210 Halle, Germany
Oecologia 157:485-95. 2008..Calculating AvTD or TTD, depending on the research question, in addition to species richness is strongly recommended...
- Challenging urban species diversity: contrasting phylogenetic patterns across plant functional groups in GermanySonja Knapp
UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Department of Community Ecology and Virtual Institute for Macroecology, Theodor Lieser Str 4, 06120 Halle Saale, Germany
Ecol Lett 11:1054-64. 2008..This diminished phylogenetic information might decrease the flora's capacity to respond to environmental changes...
- Species-area relationships are controlled by species traitsMarkus Franzén
Department of Community Ecology, UFZ, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Halle, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e37359. 2012....
- Plant extinctions and introductions lead to phylogenetic and taxonomic homogenization of the European floraMarten Winter
Department of Community Ecology, UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, D 06120 Halle Saale, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:21721-5. 2009..The results suggest that biodiversity needs to be assessed in terms of both species taxonomic and phylogenetic identity, but the latter is rarely used as a metric of the biodiversity dynamics...
- Evidence for genetic differentiation and divergent selection in an autotetraploid forage grass (Arrhenatherum elatius)Stefan Georg Michalski
Department of Community Ecology BZF, UFZ, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Theodor Lieser Strasse 4, 06120, Halle, Germany
Theor Appl Genet 120:1151-62. 2010..Knowledge on adaptive loci might in the long run also help to adapt ecosystems to adverse climate change effects through assisted migration of ecotypes rather than introduction of new species...
- Prediction uncertainty of environmental change effects on temperate European biodiversityCarsten F Dormann
Computational Landscape Ecology, UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Permoserstr 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Ecol Lett 11:235-44. 2008..Overall, our study indicates that the uncertainty introduced to environmental change predictions through uncertainty in model selection both qualitatively and quantitatively affects species richness projections...
- Incorporating the effects of changes in vegetation functioning and CO2 on water availability in plant habitat modelsSophie Rickebusch
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, UMR CNRS 5553, Universite Joseph Fourier, BP 53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Biol Lett 4:556-9. 2008..Potential habitats shrink significantly less for boreo-alpine and alpine species. Changes in vegetation functioning and CO2 on plant water availability should therefore be taken into account in plant habitat change projections...