Affiliation: UFZ Centre for Environmental Research
- Formation of trans fatty acids is not involved in growth-linked membrane adaptation of Pseudomonas putidaClaus Härtig
Department of Environmental Microbiology, UFZ Centre for Environmental Research Leipzig Halle, P O Box 500136, 04301 Leipzig, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:1915-22. 2005..The cis-trans isomerization reaction was in competition with the cis-to-cyclopropane fatty acid conversion. The potential for the formation of trans fatty acids depended on the cyclopropane content that was already present...
- Rapid identification of fatty acid methyl esters using a multidimensional gas chromatography-mass spectrometry databaseClaus Härtig
UFZ, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Department of Environmental Microbiology, Permoserstr 15, D 04318 Leipzig, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1177:159-69. 2008....
- Synthesis of short-chain diols and unsaturated alcohols from secondary alcohol substrates by the Rieske nonheme mononuclear iron oxygenase MdpJFranziska Schäfer
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Department of Environmental Microbiology, Leipzig, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:6280-4. 2012..3-fold faster than conversion of the (S)-enantiomer. The biotechnological potential of MdpJ for the synthesis of enantiopure short-chain alcohols and diols as building block chemicals is discussed...
- Impact of membrane fatty acid composition on the uncoupling sensitivity of the energy conservation of Comamonas testosteroni ATCC 17454Norbert Loffhagen
Department of Environmental Microbiology, Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Leipzig Halle, Permoserstrasse 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 70:618-24. 2006..Apparently, the viscosity and phase stability of the cytoplasmic membrane of C. testosteroni were maintained at the price of a reduced protection against energy toxicity...
- A core set of metabolite sink/source ratios indicative for plant organ productivity in Lotus japonicusThomas Fester
Department of Environmental Microbiology, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, UFZ, Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Planta 237:145-60. 2013..Our findings suggest that differentiation of sink and source organs during sampling for metabolomic experiments substantially increases the amount of information obtained from such experiments...
- Evaluation of FT-IR spectroscopy as a tool to quantify bacteria in binary mixed culturesRobert Schäwe
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Department of Environmental Microbiology, Permoserstr 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
J Microbiol Methods 86:182-7. 2011..ruber was almost completely suppressed in co-culture with P. putida. Population ratios obtained by fatty acid analysis as an independent reference method were in high agreement with the FT-IR derived ratios...
- Pseudomonas putida NCTC 10936 balances membrane fluidity in response to physical and chemical stress by changing the saturation degree and the trans/cis ratio of fatty acidsNorbert Loffhagen
UFZ Centre for Environmental Research Leipzig Halle Ltd, Department of Environmental Microbiology, Leipzig, Germany
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:317-23. 2004..Whether changes in the degree of saturation or in the trans/cis ratio are more effective can be decided by studying P. putida NCTC 10936...
- Responses of soil microbial communities to weak electric fieldsLukas Y Wick
UFZ, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Department of Environmental Microbiology, Permoserstrasse 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Sci Total Environ 408:4886-93. 2010..Our data suggest that the presence of an electric field, if suitably applied, will not influence the composition and physiology of soil microbial communities and hence not affect their potential to biodegrade contaminants...
- Towards a systemic metabolic signature of the arbuscular mycorrhizal interactionThomas Fester
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, UFZ, Leipzig, Germany
Oecologia 167:913-24. 2011..In addition, metabolic signals for an increase in stress experienced by plant tissue were recorded in flowers and source leaves...
- Adaptation of anaerobically grown Thauera aromatica, Geobacter sulfurreducens and Desulfococcus multivorans to organic solvents on the level of membrane fatty acid compositionIlka Duldhardt
Departments of Environmental Biotechnology, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Permoserstr 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Microb Biotechnol 3:201-9. 2010..This might be one explanation for the previously observed higher sensitivity of anaerobic bacteria when compared with aerobic ones...
- Bacterial degradation of tert-amyl alcohol proceeds via hemiterpene 2-methyl-3-buten-2-ol by employing the tertiary alcohol desaturase function of the Rieske nonheme mononuclear iron oxygenase MdpJJudith Schuster
Department of Environmental Microbiology, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Leipzig, Germany
J Bacteriol 194:972-81. 2012..Evolutionary aspects of favored desaturase versus hydroxylation pathways for TAA conversion and the possible role of MdpJ in the degradation of higher tertiary alcohols are discussed...