Affiliation: UFZ Centre for Environmental Research
- Temperature dependence of ion mobility signals of halogenated compoundsHelko Borsdorf
UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Department Monitoring and Exploration Technologies, Permoserstraße 15, D 04318 Leipzig, Germany Electronic address
Talanta 101:17-23. 2012..However, independent on the temperature, the order of sensitivity is mainly determined by the bonding state of halogen atoms within the molecules...
- Continuous on-line determination of methyl tert-butyl ether in water samples using ion mobility spectrometryH Borsdorf
Department of Analytical Chemistry, UFZ Center for Environmental Research Leipzig Halle, PF500135, D 04301 Leipzig, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1072:45-54. 2005..In order to determine concentrations between 10 microg/L and 100 microg/L, a discontinuous procedure was developed on the basis of the same experimental set-up...
- Aerated treatment pond technology with biofilm promoting mats for the bioremediation of benzene, MTBE and ammonium contaminated groundwaterSven Jechalke
Department of Isotope Biogeochemistry, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Permoserstr 15, D 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Water Res 44:1785-96. 2010..Biofilms of both textiles contained high numbers of benzene metabolizing bacteria suggesting that these materials provide favourable growth conditions for benzene degrading microorganisms...
- Capability of headspace based sample preparation methods for the determination of methyl tert-butyl ether and benzene in reed (phragmites australis) from constructed wetlandsFalk Mothes
UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Department Monitoring and Exploration Technologies, Permoserstrasse 15, D 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Chemosphere 80:396-403. 2010..Furthermore, the assessment of plant uptake during phytoremediation was demonstrated by analyzing complete plants for the constructed wetlands investigated...
- Comparative evaluation of pilot scale horizontal subsurface-flow constructed wetlands and plant root mats for treating groundwater contaminated with benzene and MTBEZhongbing Chen
Department of Environmental Biotechnology, UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Permoserstrasse 15, D 04318 Leipzig, Germany
J Hazard Mater 209:510-5. 2012..1% and 6.1% of the total removal of benzene and MTBE, respectively. The results indicate that plant root mats are an interesting option for the treatment of waters polluted with benzene and MTBE under moderate temperatures conditions...
- Accuracy of ion mobility measurements dependent on the influence of humidityThomas Mayer
UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research Leipzig Halle, Department Monitoring and Exploration Technologies, Permoserstraße 15, D 4318 Leipzig, Germany
Anal Chem 86:5069-76. 2014....
- Development and application of dynamic air chambers for measurement of volatilization fluxes of benzene and MTBE from constructed wetlands planted with common reedNils Reiche
Department Monitoring and Exploration Technologies, UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Permoserstrasse 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Chemosphere 79:162-8. 2010..6% of the respective overall contaminant mass loss in the planted wetland. Furthermore, chamber data give strong evidence for the increased volatilization of VOCs through vegetation by direct comparison of planted and unplanted wetlands...
- Response of halogenated compounds in ion mobility spectrometry depending on their structural featuresHelko Borsdorf
UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Department Monitoring and Exploration Technologies, Permoserstraße 15, D 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Talanta 83:815-22. 2011..Therefore, the quantification of negative product ion peaks of chlorinated compounds requires a consideration of structural features of analytes...
- Atmospheric pressure chemical ionization studies of non-polar isomeric hydrocarbons using ion mobility spectrometry and mass spectrometry with different ionization techniquesH Borsdorf
Department of Analytical Chemistry, UFZ Centre for Environmental Research Leipzig Halle, Leipzig, Germany
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 13:1078-87. 2002..Although corona discharge ionization permits the most sensitive detection of non-polar hydrocarbons, the spectra detected are complex and differ from those obtained with 63Ni ionization and photoionization...